The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Christine interview in Mojo magazine (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57104)

secondhandchain 05-02-2017 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netter75 (Post 1208587)
Dude, chill. We're all fans of the same band here. Re-read the way you're typing, because my reading of it is:
"some of you came to our side of the board".

It's divisive and it's an example why some think this whole board is toxic. It's not "those Chiffon-heads" versus "the rest of us". You'd think we were some really geeky cliques in high school.

You can certainly disagree with someone's opinion but to just write it off as them disliking the song to defend their favorite member? Sorry but I think everyone wants these songs to turn out well, and if someone disliked it they just disliked it.

And you know what... that's cool! I'm not big on "Feel About You" or "In My World" for a couple reasons, but I'm honestly jealous of anyone who is and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. It shouldn't enrage you that somebody likes or dislikes a song :)

P.S. Not meaning to call you out too hard here, this is just an issue that I've noticed a lot around here lately and it's not conducive to discussion.

Stevie broke my heart PERIOD. She went on and on about Christine coming back so when she did we assumed an album was a foregone conclusion. She speaks out of her a@s lately. Whatever sounds good in the interview she'll say, and it really rubs me the wrong way the last couple of years. I was the biggest fan until recently. I still love tons of her old songs, but the Stevie today I am not happy with at all.

TrueFaith77 05-02-2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1208781)
Stevie broke my heart PERIOD.

It's true. That's what it comes down to.

I am not incapable of understanding WHY she did it.

But my heart remains broken nonetheless.

jbrownsjr 05-02-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1208797)

Luckily, I don't think she means half the things she says. I bet she will do another solo album.

Jondalar 05-02-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1208781)
Stevie broke my heart PERIOD. She went on and on about Christine coming back so when she did we assumed an album was a foregone conclusion. She speaks out of her a@s lately. Whatever sounds good in the interview she'll say, and it really rubs me the wrong way the last couple of years. I was the biggest fan until recently. I still love tons of her old songs, but the Stevie today I am not happy with at all.

Mine too. In my book, she is cow dung. She ruined their last album. I could care less about a farewell tour. Why would anyone on this board need to see them again. All she cares about is money from a farewell tour. I won't be there.

Goodbye skank. 40 years of fandom ruined because you wouldn't give a month of your time.

HomerMcvie 05-02-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1208800)
Mine too. In my book, she is cow dung. She ruined their last album. I could care less about a farewell tour. Why would anyone on this board need to see them again. All she cares about is money from a farewell tour. I won't be there.

Goodbye skank. 40 years of fandom ruined because you wouldn't give a month of your time.

This post.:)

She really has become a total egomaniac, and cares nothing about the band that ended her career as a waitress.

I really wish this BuckVie tour would take legs, because THIS is how artists act. They CREATE, and tour(even if not making a ton of dough), for the art. The song. The fans. I couldn't be more excited about seeing them! The only thing that would make it better would be if Mick and John were touring with them. I don't want Stevie there. Because she can't be bothered. Goodbye skank, indeed!

24karatstevie 05-02-2017 11:50 AM

Regardless of your opinions on Stevie and her actions, I think calling anyone a skank is a bit over the line.

TrueFaith77 05-02-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24karatstevie (Post 1208807)
Regardless of your opinions on Stevie and her actions, I think calling anyone a skank is a bit over the line.

Even if rude, it comes out of a place of being heartbroken.

I can't judge.

Some of us fans are in pain, feel betrayed, are heartbroken and mourning what might have been.

jbrownsjr 05-02-2017 01:21 PM

Quote:

How about a skunk? :lol::wavey:

button-lip 05-02-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1208797)

Same here. And I couldn't care less if she does another solo album, and I bet she will, just to prove something. What, I don't know. :shrug:

button-lip 05-02-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1208802)
This post.:)

She really has become a total egomaniac, and cares nothing about the band that ended her career as a waitress.

And as a toilet cleaning lady. :lol::lol:

The moment I saw her trying to make coffee on the Tusk documentary, I knew it was aaaaaall a lie. :woohoo:

michelej1 05-02-2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1208837)

The moment I saw her trying to make coffee on the Tusk documentary, I knew it was aaaaaall a lie. :woohoo:

So sad for Morris Buckingham, coffee plant owner, if his kid doesn't even know how to make coffee. Or Hamburger Helper.

Michele

button-lip 05-02-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1208839)
So sad for Morris Buckingham, coffee plant owner, if his kid doesn't even know how to make coffee. Or Hamburger Helper.

Michele

Lindsey wasn't even trying, but he also never said he knew how to do it. :)

michelej1 05-02-2017 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1208843)
Lindsey wasn't even trying, but he also never said he knew how to do it. :)

Stevie declared she was the only one who knew how, which I didn't quite believe. Michele

jbrownsjr 05-02-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1208844)
Stevie declared she was the only one who knew how, which I didn't quite believe. Michele

I didn't quite believe that either. :lol:

aleuzzi 05-02-2017 11:26 PM

Quote:

I agree..........