The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Hmmmm. Is Lindsey scheduling a tour?? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=36379)

BTFLCHLD 07-02-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 761656)
I said it before, and I'll say it again. If Lindsey doesn't get the album (or even a single) out before these shows take place, not only will these shows be sparsely attended, but some will be canceled due to poor sales.

I've thought it before, and I'll think it again...I believe you are wrong.

Regina 07-02-2008 11:29 AM

The thing is...a new release is not really going to draw in fans who would not be inclined to seeing Lindsey, anyway. The only way it would do that (IMO) is if he'd have a mega-hit, mega-fast, and that's unlikely to happen considering the fact that radio stations rarely even play solo Lindsey.

He has a very specific, very loyal (I think) fanbase. And, at this point, even if it's the third time he's been out there in a relatively short amount of time-these are the fans that remember the 10+ years of waiting for him to hit the road as a solo performer and aren't about to let him play to an empty house if they have anything to say about it.

So, in conclusion, I don't care what he is or isn't hawking, I'm out there to hear him sing:laugh:

gretchen 07-02-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 761656)
I said it before, and I'll say it again. If Lindsey doesn't get the album (or even a single) out before these shows take place, not only will these shows be sparsely attended, but some will be canceled due to poor sales.

IMHO, Linds could go out there and sing the ads in the phone book and it would be fantastic...because he is playing and singing...

My point is that you are casting such a black curtain over this situation before it even gets started. Linds doesn't need to release anything to draw his core base of people or "boutique" fans. I don't think show cancellation is even in the cards because this man mesmerizes; giving new material or some vague classical piece from 1625...he will be sublime. $.02.

#1LiddyBuckFan 07-02-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regina (Post 761701)
The thing is...a new release is not really going to draw in fans who would not be inclined to seeing Lindsey, anyway. The only way it would do that (IMO) is if he'd have a mega-hit, mega-fast, and that's unlikely to happen considering the fact that radio stations rarely even play solo Lindsey.

He has a very specific, very loyal (I think) fanbase. And, at this point, even if it's the third time he's been out there in a relatively short amount of time-these are the fans that remember the 10+ years of waiting for him to hit the road as a solo performer and aren't about to let him play to an empty house if they have anything to say about it.

So, in conclusion, I don't care what he is or isn't hawking, I'm out there to hear him sing:laugh:

This is my feeling exactly. I recall talking to people at his shows last time who didn't even know he was promoting an album until he mentioned it in the show or they saw it on the souvenir tables. They came to see him play.

Nico 07-02-2008 12:26 PM

Well, I'll be seeing him in concert whether or not there is a new album is all I'll say.

michelej1 07-02-2008 12:41 PM

Oh, I'll see the devil in concert at least 10 times. But if there's not an album, I will complain bitterly the entire time. Also, if he doesn't sing what I want at the concerts I will complain. Also, I will probably complain about his clothes and hair too. And I will definitely complain about comments he makes in interviews.

Michele

#1LiddyBuckFan 07-02-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 761717)
Oh, I'll see the devil in concert at least 10 times. But if there's not an album, I will complain bitterly the entire time. Also, if he doesn't sing what I want at the concerts I will complain. Also, I will probably complain about his clothes and hair too. And I will definitely complain about comments he makes in interviews.

Michele

:lol:

We should go ahead and start some new threads as I'm sure once again these conversations will be had. "Why does he wear the same thing?" and "Survival Moves and Cycles".

Do these work for now? :p

TrueFaith77 07-02-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan (Post 761720)
:lol:

We should go ahead and start some new threads as I'm sure once again these conversations will be had. "Why does he wear the same thing?" and "Survival Moves and Cycles".

Do these work for now? :p

Thanks for making me L O L at work!

First, I was like: :lol:

My boss was like: :mad:

My co-workers were like: :confused:

So I was like: :o

So they were like: :laugh:

See, it's a cycle! And mentioning "cycles" always makes me :lol: etc.

You get the point.

#1LiddyBuckFan 07-02-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 761741)
Thanks for making me L O L at work!

First, I was like: :lol:

My boss was like: :mad:

My co-workers were like: :confused:

So I was like: :o

So they were like: :laugh:

See, it's a cycle! And mentioning "cycles" always makes me :lol: etc.

You get the point.

I'm glad you got a good laugh. :cool: I always love reading something that makes me do that.