The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Article re: Buckingham open to return to FM (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=60256)

jbrownsjr 02-07-2024 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1292105)
But never Stevie and Lindsey. EVER.

Get that fake bull*** out of here!

HomerMcvie 02-07-2024 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1292120)
Get that fake bull*** out of here!

If they would hold hands and kiss, I'd projectile vomit all over the world! Look out, y'all!

jbrownsjr 02-07-2024 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1292121)
If they would hold hands and kiss, I'd projectile vomit all over the world! Look out, y'all!

It's just insulting at this point.

Mr Scarrott 02-07-2024 01:00 PM

Given the circs, and John's probable retirement, some sort of Lindsey & Mick all-star band with rotating membership might be fun to go to. It looks like those two at least have made some sort of peace.

I don't think I could abide going to see Stevie with the other two (or three) as FM. I would prefer to leave my illusions intact from that magical 2014/15 tour.

Macfan4life 02-07-2024 01:42 PM

We are all in consensus which is rare for this board. But there is something glaring that I acknowledge. Mick always needs money. His 2 highest awards would be his Grammy and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He sold the RRHOF award. Lindsey even insinuated that one reason he agreed to do Tango was help Mick out financially. He fired Lindsey to help himself out financially. I cant see Mick ignoring one last chance at a big pay day. Sure he can have fun with the Zoo and Lindsey. But we all know who he needs for a big pay day. I believe he will call her and beg her to make amends and do it for him. History always repeats itself. I also think he is so desperate that he will find a replacement for his side kick John. Mick has done whatever he needs to do to make money even if it involves firing his guitarist, begging Chris for money, selling off his awards, etc. He was not a song writer. He does not get much on album sales. He needs to play gigs for money.

HomerMcvie 02-07-2024 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1292122)
It's just insulting at this point.

It's ridiculous.

So who's more pathetic? Mick or Lindsey?

jbrownsjr 02-07-2024 01:59 PM

Maybe he just wants to mimic her doing Rhiannon again!

aleuzzi 02-07-2024 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1292118)
Surely he wanted to sound polite, but I think he should have refrained from saying that. Or the only decent explanation for this quote is that he knows something we don't. I always find ridiculous that the reason Stevie wanted the band to fire Lindsey was that story about the 2018 Musicares Gala. There had to be more than that, IMHO. And "that" could mean Lindsey did something more that bothered Stevie a lot, something really serious. Or she has mental problems and the band (yes the 3 members) agreed for money reasons.

And I agree that at this point is ridiculous and pathetic about they could be thinking in a reunion. War is over. Sorry, Fleetwood Mac is over ;) .

Yeah--something else had to have occurred. LB and Mick have both referred to a general band unhappiness "about the way things were." That suggests an ongoing interpersonal and/or professional problem. I remember Rolling Stone article from 2015 (2016?) where Christine was astonished that they were still fighting, that their problems "should have been resolved a long time ago."

sue 02-07-2024 03:45 PM

The Buckingham Fleetwood idea is the most feasible…
featuring Mcvie for maybe two numbers…..The Chain with John’s iconic bass line being one of them.

No appearance from Stevie, so as a nod to her, Lindsey would have to sing one of her numbers..
Storms for instance.

HomerMcvie 02-07-2024 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1292130)
The Buckingham Fleetwood idea is the most feasible…
featuring Mcvie for maybe two numbers…..The Chain with John’s iconic bass line being one of them.

No appearance from Stevie, so as a nod to her, Lindsey would have to sing one of her numbers..
Storms for instance.

Musicians are paid for TRAVELING, not for playing. There's NO WAY John is doing this.

Sorry. :xoxo:

bwboy 02-07-2024 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1292130)
The Buckingham Fleetwood idea is the most feasible… No appearance from Stevie, so as a nod to her, Lindsey would have to sing one of her numbers..
Storms for instance.

I think Crystal would be the better choice.

Villavic 02-07-2024 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1292121)

Please don't eat cebiche that day.

HomerMcvie 02-07-2024 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1292133)
Please don't eat cebiche that day.

Do you mean cerviche? I love it!

I hope you enjoy projectile "raw" seafood!

Hint- wear a poncho! :lol:

SteveMacD 02-07-2024 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1292124)

Mick always needs money.

Lindsey even insinuated that one reason he agreed to do Tango was help Mick out financially.

That was 37 years ago. Part of the reason he went with Carl Stubner after Dennis retired is because Carl was a money guy, first, and set Mick up with a financial manager.

“And Mr. Fleetwood is now planning to turn over the bulk of his funds to David Manashe, a friend of Mr. Stubner and a stock broker at Dean Witter Reynolds, a unit of Morgan Stanley, Dean Witter, Discover & Company.”

So, he has someone looking over his money and the child support days are over, with the younger daughters being 22.

https://www.nytimes.com/1997/11/30/b...-tomorrow.html

Whatever bankruptcies that have been reported since were for businesses, not his personal finances. Anything else is him licensing his name.

Plus, his property in Hawaii has to be worth a small fortune.

DownOnRodeo 02-07-2024 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1292131)
Musicians are paid for TRAVELING, not for playing. There's NO WAY John is doing this.

If John is still up for sailing, stick him, Mick and Lindsey on a cruise ship. Now there's a Rumours night for you!