The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Christine’s $90 million fortune left to… (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59992)

aleuzzi 07-21-2023 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1286084)
Sorry Chris, it was churlish to have another go but I couldn't resist.

90 million dollars... After a certain point it just becomes meaningless (for one person to have so much money), doesn't it. It would be lovely if the family used some of the inheritance to establish some sort of scholarship or prize in Christine's name. How about the Christine McVie Award for women singer-songwriter-instrumentalists?

Her brother seems like a principled but very private person. Not sure if he’ll do what you’re suggesting (which would be great) but I’m thinking he and his son are mindful enough to do something.

jbrownsjr 07-21-2023 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1286070)
Ah—thanks for that clarification. A typo. And I teach English!

Honestly, whenever I chat with you or David O, I am so careful with my diction/grammar, etc. :lol:

Penguin Emeritus 07-21-2023 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1286091)
Her brother seems like a principled but very private person. Not sure if he’ll do what you’re suggesting (which would be great) but I’m thinking he and his son are mindful enough to do something.

I agree w your description of him.

It would be interesting to see what they might do after taking care of family, which I assume will happen...? Maybe she just left it all to her brother, trusting that he'd take care of family... Chris's stepsister is married w 2 daughters, her half brother is married w 2 daughters, and then there's JP and his wife, and his 2 sons and their families. so let's assume all those people get a cut of that 90 million...there'd still be enough left to give a good chunk to charities that were close to her heart.

yeesh, i can't even imagine so much $$...

--Lis

David 07-21-2023 03:26 PM

I would support the Christine McVie Memorial Foundation Endowment for the Curation and Release of Old Fleetwood Mac Concerts.

Ninety million would go far.

aleuzzi 07-21-2023 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus (Post 1286097)
I agree w your description of him.

It would be interesting to see what they might do after taking care of family, which I assume will happen...? Maybe she just left it all to her brother, trusting that he'd take care of family... Chris's stepsister is married w 2 daughters, her half brother is married w 2 daughters, and then there's JP and his wife, and his 2 sons and their families. so let's assume all those people get a cut of that 90 million...there'd still be enough left to give a good chunk to charities that were close to her heart.

yeesh, i can't even imagine so much $$...

--Lis

I know, right?

WatchChain 07-21-2023 08:02 PM

Was any inheritance left for John? They seemed to remain cordial friends after the divorce and the passing of time.

On a sidenote, during the 2014 "On with the Show" Tour, I witnessed the most tender moment. I purchased tickets in the low section on the far side of the stage. We were very close with a side view and nothing to the left of us - I could see many technical things going on backstage in the dark.

During "Big Love" and "Landslide" when they weren't needed onstage, Christine and John took a seat on some equipment boxes backstage and just sat closely in the dark and chatted for a while. They laughed and gestured to each other like wonderful old friends. It was a moment of melancholy that was very touching to witness - even more so now that Chris has left us.

I am so grateful that we were blessed with the 2014 Tour.

SteveMacD 07-21-2023 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1286125)
Was any inheritance left for John?

I doubt it. John’s loaded.

vivfox 07-21-2023 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1286108)
I would support the Christine McVie Memorial Foundation Endowment for the Curation and Release of Old Fleetwood Mac Concerts.

Me too!!!!

Penguin Emeritus 07-21-2023 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1286125)
Was any inheritance left for John? They seemed to remain cordial friends after the divorce and the passing of time.

On a sidenote, during the 2014 "On with the Show" Tour, I witnessed the most tender moment. I purchased tickets in the low section on the far side of the stage. We were very close with a side view and nothing to the left of us - I could see many technical things going on backstage in the dark.

During "Big Love" and "Landslide" when they weren't needed onstage, Christine and John took a seat on some equipment boxes backstage and just sat closely in the dark and chatted for a while. They laughed and gestured to each other like wonderful old friends. It was a moment of melancholy that was very touching to witness - even more so now that Chris has left us.

I am so grateful that we were blessed with the 2014 Tour.

I think those two felt they were blessed with it also. They were *extremely* close, and that last decade brought them even closer. He was with her before/when she died, which IMO puts him in a category way beyond cordial friends...

But I doubt she left him any of her fortune...he has always been frugal with a capital F and never lacked for money. As Steve said, he's loaded.

Mick , on the other hand, could probably use some $...:laugh:

--Lis

HomerMcvie 07-22-2023 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus (Post 1286129)
I think those two felt they were blessed with it also. They were *extremely* close, and that last decade brought them even closer. He was with her before/when she died, which IMO puts him in a category way beyond cordial friends...

But I doubt she left him any of her fortune...he has always been frugal with a capital F and never lacked for money. As Steve said, he's loaded.

Mick , on the other hand, could probably use some $...:laugh:

--Lis

This. :angel: They were, HANDS DOWN, the coolest members ever. Especially in the golden years. They were what we all should aspire to. Lindsey is almost there. Stevie will never be there. Mick's just too stupid to ever not be broke. Someone should put him out of his misery.

SteveMacD 07-22-2023 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1286132)
This. :angel: They were, HANDS DOWN, the coolest members ever.

I kind of wish they would have been in a different band after 1980 or started a new one. Something without all the drama.

UnwindedDreams 07-22-2023 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1286142)
I kind of wish they would have been in a different band after 1980 or started a new one. Something without all the drama.

In 1974, if Stevie was in a duo with another guitarist whose music Mick heard, who would you have like it to be?

I'd say Rick Nielsen or Bruce.

SteveMacD 07-22-2023 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1286146)
In 1974, if Stevie was in a duo with another guitarist whose music Mick heard, who would you have like it to be?

What a weird question.

aleuzzi 07-22-2023 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1286142)

I agree. A working band that recorded new material every 1-2 years.

aleuzzi 07-22-2023 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1286146)

She could have done well with The Eagles. But, as Rolling Stone noted during The Dance reunion, it was Buckingham’s vision and talent you could pluck out of 70s rock and plunk down anywhere…

In short: she needed him. Her celebrity helped make him more famous, but he was her interpreter, her “musical soulmate”…