The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rock Music Awards (1976) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=60237)

sleepless child 01-29-2024 01:15 PM

If I remember correctly, it was 47 years ago, lol someone else went on stage also to collect the award. It was a guy, but I can't remember who, he said Boz told me if he won to get it for him and Stevie said the same thing and that was that. Stevie was at the podium thanking everyone on Boz's behalf and that she would get the award to him. Those were exciting times. You only saw your heros in magazines. The award shows were the chance to see and hear them.

jbrownsjr 01-29-2024 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1291829)
If I remember correctly, it was 47 years ago, lol someone else went on stage also to collect the award. It was a guy, but I can't remember who, he said Boz told me if he won to get it for him and Stevie said the same thing and that was that. Stevie was at the podium thanking everyone on Boz's behalf and that she would get the award to him. Those were exciting times. You only saw your heros in magazines. The award shows were the chance to see and hear them.

Ahhh yes, the days where we didn't panick if we weren't near our gadgets.

I recently lost my phone and I thought I was going to stroke out. I miss those days. If I saw Stevie on TV I ran to get a VHS Tape!! :wavey:

HomerMcvie 01-29-2024 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1291830)
Ahhh yes, the days where we didn't panick if we weren't near our gadgets.

I recently lost my phone and I thought I was going to stroke out. I miss those days. If I saw Stevie on TV I ran to get a VHS Tape!! :wavey:

About once a year, I'll forget my phone at home, and rather than go back and get it, I tell myself, "let's just pretend that it's the 1990's...you don't need it!", and do without.

I'll be in Mexico for a week next month, and my carrier doesn't offer international service, so I'll be in 1990 for a week(except for wifi). I'm already dreading the number of texts that will come flying in when I regain service.

Villavic 01-29-2024 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1291829)
Those were exciting times. You only saw your heros in magazines. The award shows were the chance to see and hear them.

Until the 80s those award shows (Oscars, Grammy, AMA) were transmitted not live but aprox 2 weeks later in Peru. The disadvantage was that it wasn't enough exciting cause we already knew who won, or lost. But the advantage was that we had already read some favorite artist would be presenting an award.

jbrownsjr 01-30-2024 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1291845)
Until the 80s those award shows (Oscars, Grammy, AMA) were transmitted not live but aprox 2 weeks later in Peru. The disadvantage was that it wasn't enough exciting cause we already knew who won, or lost. But the advantage was that we had already read some favorite artist would be presenting an award.

Glad you can watch live now!