The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   I'm So Afraid: 1975-1997 versions (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=6646)

madformac 06-29-2002 09:04 PM

Re: Re: Cycles

Quote:

Originally posted by seteca

(Well, if a certain somebody keeps his promise, in four weeks time you'll feel more broke than you ever have!!;))

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Yes, indeed.. And you'll be living in poverty street along with me as well in four weeks time ;) ;) :D

golddustsara 07-02-2002 05:48 AM

My fave is the dance version (especially when watching it on video/DVD with Laura aka BellaDonnaGypsy) Lindsey just gets better with age!!!
Sarah.

Villavic 06-30-2023 11:43 AM

I just found this old poll and surprised I didn't vote at that moment. Luckily it's no closed so I voted for the Dance version. However I must admit I've not heard (or don't remember) all mentioned versions.

I assume the Tusk version is the one in the 1980 Live album.

Macfan4life 06-30-2023 02:51 PM

This definitely is a great poll. This song has been played at almost every Mac concert. It has so many variations. The early days I loved Stevie on backing vocals. On Mirage Chris did the honor and I liked it better. However no other version is more raw than the 1980 Live album version. From Micks howling in the beginning, his gong, and Chris's haunting organ. Lindsey's voice is prime and he burns it live.
No offense to anyone but not understanding the love for the Dance version. The are all good but that is probably my least favorite version.

Villavic 06-30-2023 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1285617)
No offense to anyone but not understanding the love for the Dance version. The are all good but that is probably my least favorite version.

In my case maybe it's because I have the opportunity for the first time to watch how Lindsey enjoyed playing this song. I hadn't seen a video of this song live.

The human mind is a mystery to me, there is no a unique logic when it is about tastes. For example, all my friends loved the Matrix movie. But me, every time I try to watch it, I fall asleep. What can I say! I don't like that movie.

Macfan4life 06-30-2023 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1285618)
In my case maybe it's because I have the opportunity for the first time to watch how Lindsey enjoyed playing this song. I hadn't seen a video of this song live.

The human mind is a mystery to me, there is no a unique logic when it is about tastes. For example, all my friends loved the Matrix movie. But me, every time I try to watch it, I fall asleep. What can I say! I don't like that movie.

Very true. Many hear say that RAL is Stevie's best album. I dont like much of the Dance though. I love and miss the big arena rock sound that the Mac and other bands used to produce. By 1997 technology made them want to sound more like the record. For example the Dance's The Chain is not even in the same league as Tusk or Mirage. The Dance is so sterile, produced, tame, and touched.
For the record, I too never got into the Matrix. Way too complicated and so much is about the special effects.

SteveMacD 06-30-2023 10:18 PM

Everything about 1975 was just more rock. They were establishing themselves and ego hadn’t completely set in. They were proving themselves and had a collective edge that went away after they understood their success.