The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rumours (band) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=60250)

HomerMcvie 02-02-2024 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1292008)
Enjoy your cruise. Where does it go to?

Thanks. Going out of NOLA, because(make fun of me all you like) Homey don't fly. I've flown at least 20 times in my life, AND.I.HATE.IT. I can drive to NOLA in 6.5 hours, and unless a plane crash lands on top of me, I'm good. I chose this cruise just so I could drive to the port.
7 days. 4 ports.
Sunday and Monday are "sea days", then
Cozumel
Roatan Bay
Harvest Caye(Norwegian's private island)
Costa Maya
Sea day back to NOLA.

FuzzyPlum 02-02-2024 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1292009)
Thanks. Going out of NOLA, because(make fun of me all you like) Homey don't fly. I've flown at least 20 times in my life, AND.I.HATE.IT. I can drive to NOLA in 6.5 hours, and unless a plane crash lands on top of me, I'm good. I chose this cruise just so I could drive to the port.
7 days. 4 ports.
Sunday and Monday are "sea days", then
Cozumel
Roatan Bay
Harvest Caye(Norwegian's private island)
Costa Maya
Sea day back to NOLA.

All I can think of is BA Barracus
Have fun

HomerMcvie 02-02-2024 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1292010)
All I can think of is BA Barracus
Have fun

That's me! Actually, I stay quiet, but they can see that I'm scared. My friend almost got fired a couple of months ago. The plane(for work) was taking off, and he MADE them go back and let him off. His boss was not happy. I actually have about 3 friends who are FAR more afraid than I.

Thanks.

cascade13 02-20-2024 03:13 AM

Rumours of Fleetwood Mac is endorsed by Mick for sure (per the video played at the start of their show). From Google, it looks like Fleetwood Bac and Fleetwood Mask also carry his endorsement, so I suppose Mick's covering his bases!

My wife and I saw RFM's show in Sacramento a year or two ago, and it was quite well done. They definitely focus on recreating the studio version more than actual FM does, which may not be everyone's preference, but they also venture into songs that FM has rarely or never done live (eg, "I Don't Want to Know"), which is a nice touch given FM's relatively static setlist over the years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1291934)
Does anyone know how tribute bands work? I know many famous groups have a tribute band out there touring and making money. However the Rumours band seems almost to be a corporation. They are all over the place. There is a Rumours band booked and playing on a big Norwegian Cruise Ship, a Rumours band in the UK, another Rumours band touring the states, etc. Does anyone know how many of them exist? I heard a radio announcement promoting them coming to my town. The announcement said that the band is blessed or sanctioned by Mick Fleetwood. Is Mick making money off all these bands? Are other members of Fleetwood Mac also making money off them?

The Rumours band on the cruise ship does not play various hits from the band. They play the entire Rumours album front to back and insert Silver Springs in the set. I've seen videos of them and they are really good. There are lots of tribute bands but I have never seen so many tribute bands all with the same name. For example there is another Fleetwood Mac tribute band called Tusk. They are also very good. But this Rumours band seems to be a corporation and with Mick's name being thrown around makes me wonder that he is profiting from them. They all have the same name. Does a typical tribute band have to pay the original band?

HomerMcvie 02-26-2024 10:46 PM

So I just watched the Rumours tribute band on the Norwegian Breakaway cruise ship. They did Rumours in it's sequential entirety, plus Silver Bed Springs at the end. They were good, although they had 4 lead singers. Two guys and two girls. Seemed a little too Glee like in their beaming for the audience, and they were sometimes a tiny bit pitchy. And I kept trying to find evidence of tracks, but when you have 8 people on stage, it's hard to tell(Don't Stop had the high string note playing, the first half of the song, and he wasn't playing it, unless he was holding a sustain pedal the whole time). And the show was only 45 minutes. But hey, for the price I paid($0), it was well worth it. I'd go see them again, and pay, but not for 45 minutes. Especially with 4 singers. Stretch that bitch out!

Oh yeah, and when GYOW was ending, I began sobbing, and my shirt was wet with tears during Songbird.

bombaysaffires 02-29-2024 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1292513)
So I just watched the Rumours tribute band on the Norwegian Breakaway cruise ship. They did Rumours in it's sequential entirety, plus Silver Bed Springs at the end. They were good, although they had 4 lead singers. Two guys and two girls. Seemed a little too Glee like in their beaming for the audience, and they were sometimes a tiny bit pitchy. And I kept trying to find evidence of tracks, but when you have 8 people on stage, it's hard to tell(Don't Stop had the high string note playing, the first half of the song, and he wasn't playing it, unless he was holding a sustain pedal the whole time). And the show was only 45 minutes. But hey, for the price I paid($0), it was well worth it. I'd go see them again, and pay, but not for 45 minutes. Especially with 4 singers. Stretch that bitch out!

Oh yeah, and when GYOW was ending, I began sobbing, and my shirt was wet with tears during Songbird.

wait, you don't fly, but go on cruise ships???

jbrownsjr 02-29-2024 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1292561)

Isn't that weird? :lol:

HomerMcvie 02-29-2024 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1292561)

That is correct. I'm terrified of heights, and planes fall into that category with me. From the 18th floor of this vessel(sun deck, basketball courts, etc), I won't get near the edge, because looking down scares me. Looking at the horizon is fine, though.

Why should I be afraid of cruise ships? Titanic?

jbrownsjr 02-29-2024 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1292567)
That is correct. I'm terrified of heights, and planes fall into that category with me. From the 18th floor of this vessel(sun deck, basketball courts, etc), I won't get near the edge, because looking down scares me. Looking at the horizon is fine, though.

If they played Silver Girl on repeat, you'd jump over that edge real quick! :laugh:

HomerMcvie 02-29-2024 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1292568)
If they played Silver Girl on repeat, you'd jump over that edge real quick! :laugh:

Suicide is far preferable to Sliver Girl.

jbrownsjr 02-29-2024 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1292569)
Suicide is far preferable to Sliver Girl.

Ha!!! :angel:

Villavic 02-29-2024 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1292567)

Titanic, Lusitania, Andrea Doria, Cotopaxi...

HomerMcvie 02-29-2024 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1292573)
Titanic, Lusitania, Andrea Doria, Cotopaxi...

Touchee....

BUT, I can tell you that these days, the companies and the ship's captain avoid bad weather like the plague. My cruise only happens Dec- April, because they go out of elsewhere during hurricane season. And we're actually missing our port today(Norwegian's private island, Harvest Caye) because even though it's a beautiful day, they say it's too windy to safely dock.

bombaysaffires 02-29-2024 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1292574)
Touchee....

BUT, I can tell you that these days, the companies and the ship's captain avoid bad weather like the plague. My cruise only happens Dec- April, because they go out of elsewhere during hurricane season. And we're actually missing our port today(Norwegian's private island, Harvest Caye) because even though it's a beautiful day, they say it's too windy to safely dock.

rocking and rolling, Legionnaire's disease, Covid, etc etc etc

HomerMcvie 02-29-2024 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1292576)
rocking and rolling, Legionnaire's disease, Covid, etc etc etc

I'm strong as an ox. I've had the Covids twice, and was asymptomatic both times. I ain't a scared. Plus I got Covid and flu shots about 4 weeks ago, just because of the cruise.