The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Peter Green (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   De Laatste Show (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=39101)

Lindsey Jr. 02-24-2009 04:58 AM

Well, he didn't speak, but he looked ok for me. He played a gray/blu strat, and I think his nails were coloured :shrug:

Albatross sounded beautiful.

dansven 02-24-2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsey Jr. (Post 799663)
and I think his nails were coloured :shrug:

Hahahaha :lol:
Bet the nails looked great, as long as they weren't coloured black Emo-style!

suzyvermoesen 02-24-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsey Jr. (Post 799663)
Well, he didn't speak, but he looked ok for me. He played on a gray/blu strat, and I think his nails were coloured :shrug:

Oh yes, Albatross sounded beautiful.

I noticed thé nails too, looked like nicotine staines :lol: about 60 years worth of nicotine !

I recorded it but need to convert/compress it before i can upload to youtube. Have the day off on friday and promise to take care of it then.

Lindsey Jr. 02-25-2009 10:07 AM

I'm counting on you :thumbsup:

dansven 02-25-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzyvermoesen (Post 799723)
I noticed thé nails too, looked like nicotine staines :lol: about 60 years worth of nicotine !

Hahah :laugh:

I've often wondered about Peter and smoking.
I know from photos and quotes that he smoked in the 80s. Somebody said he'd chainsmoke and listen to a Thin Lizzy album (from the biography). Then there's one photo of him sitting at a table all hair and beard with a cigarette.

With Fleetwood Mac I would assume that he smoked (tobacco!), since "everybody" did. But I can't remember seeing any photos of him doing it! I've seen photos of Jeremy smoking, but not Peter.

During the time with Splinter Group I read an interview where he said he'd given up beer, wine and smoke, cause he'd been diagnosed with a hernie.

Does anybody know anything about "Peter and tobacco"? I'm just curious :)

slipkid 02-25-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dansven (Post 799951)
Hahah :laugh:

I've often wondered about Peter and smoking.
I know from photos and quotes that he smoked in the 80s. Somebody said he'd chainsmoke and listen to a Thin Lizzy album (from the biography). Then there's one photo of him sitting at a table all hair and beard with a cigarette.

That's a scary photo. I've never seen him smoking in any of the photos from the FM days. I don't think there's one during the Mayall years either, I think.

I think back then the only cigarettes he smoked were of the jazz herbal variety. Speaking of which have seen you the group photo of FM where every member has slits for eyes? Whatever they were on, they were gone. How they performed in that condition (Mick says they did) is absolutely amazing.

dino 02-26-2009 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipkid (Post 800028)
That's a scary photo. I've never seen him smoking in any of the photos from the FM days. I don't think there's one during the Mayall years either, I think.

I think back then the only cigarettes he smoked were of the jazz herbal variety. Speaking of which have seen you the group photo of FM where every member has slits for eyes? Whatever they were on, they were gone. How they performed in that condition (Mick says they did) is absolutely amazing.

Indeed, very scary photo.
Which "slits for eyes" photo are you refering to? Can you post it?
cheers

absinthe_boy 02-26-2009 04:28 AM

Peter and tobacco...he certainly smoked heavily in the 1980's and probably into the 90's. It is believed that tobacco smoking can lessen the effects of some mental illnesses such as schizophrenia...in some cases patients are encouraged to smoke.

If Peter's smoking now that's not especially good for him...but ho hum...there are worse things he could be doing.

slipkid 02-26-2009 08:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dino (Post 800099)
Indeed, very scary photo.
Which "slits for eyes" photo are you refering to? Can you post it?
cheers

here it is...

slipkid 02-26-2009 08:59 AM

Two more photos...

2 Attachment(s)
While looking for the previous photo, I thought these were too good to pass up.

The first one is Green (Jesus hair removed) with Duster Bennett, and B.B. King for the "B.B. King In London" sessions.

The second has to be from the 4/69 RAH shows.

greenmanastrat 02-26-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipkid (Post 800122)
While looking for the previous photo, I thought these were too good to pass up.

The first one is Green (Jesus hair removed) with Duster Bennett, and B.B. King for the "B.B. King In London" sessions.

The second has to be from the 4/69 RAH shows.

Cheers man these fotos rock :blob2:!!!!!!!!!!

Ms Moose 02-26-2009 02:29 PM

Fungus

Fu[QUOTE=suzyvermoesen;799723]I noticed thé nails too, looked like nicotine staines :lol: about 60 years worth of nicotine !QUOTE]

I think it looks like a case of fingernail fungus. It can get painful and affect the sensitivity of your fingers if it is not treated.

Hiatus hernia can be caused by a lot of things - like extensive coughing or for instance constipation (which is for instance caused by use of morphine based drugs or bad diet)

...and: yes it is strange you never see pictures of him smoking during the FM era. The only picture - as far as I know is the heartbreakingly sad one from the eighties.

Ms Moose

suzyvermoesen 02-27-2009 07:04 AM

Here you go :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4iGQ9H47NI

wetcamelfood 02-27-2009 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzyvermoesen (Post 800375)

Great! Thank you very much! :)

John

slipkid 02-27-2009 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzyvermoesen (Post 800375)

Yes, thank you!

The woman who makes the introduction looks like the same woman who introduced the same song 39 years ago, only older (as seen on "The Early Years" video). Except that was folk singer Julie Felix so that would be impossible.