The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stream Mick, LB, SN Interview with Redbeard (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=49628)

michelej1 01-31-2012 03:20 PM

Ok, I found it. The hard "c" word I wanted to remember was cahoots.
http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph...v2&id=6519&c=9

This interview is from November 2006, so close to Redbeard.

Quote:

"Mick will usually be in cahoots with whatever is going on with Stevie," Buckingham says. "It's not about anything other than wanting to grease the machinery. They were saying next time we tour, we're going to move the mikes closer together and you're going to look in Stevie's eyes. I didn't say anything. Other than we did this play, I suppose we can do that play, too.
Lindsey is just being devilish here because the two worse SnL things on the SYW tour were instigated by him. The Tusk Dance and Say Goodbye. I don't think Stevie was ever comfortable with the Tusk Dance. She didn't mind Say Goodbye, but in the end Lindsey began to get a little more personal with his intro and she did get more nervous and emotional. LB may or may not have been playing up to the crowd, but it wasn't because Mick or Stevie put him up to it. He does that stuff himself. Now with the Sara hug, that might very well have been Stevie's idea. Silver Springs dynamics during the Dance tour were probably partly her [but Lindsey's idea to chase her, looked like his]. But half the stuff he does on his own initiative Stevie didn't come up to say to him, "Hey, at the end of Don't Stop, why don't you come up and rub your face in my hair." He thinks those things up.

Michele

CADreaming 01-31-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1038291)

Lindsey is just being devilish here because the two worse SnL things on the SYW tour were instigated by him. The Tusk Dance and Say Goodbye. I don't think Stevie was ever comfortable with the Tusk Dance. She didn't mind Say Goodbye, but in the end Lindsey began to get a little more personal with his intro and she did get more nervous and emotional. LB may or may not have been playing up to the crowd, but it wasn't because Mick or Stevie put him up to it. He does that stuff himself. Now with the Sara hug, that might very well have been Stevie's idea. Silver Springs dynamics during the Dance tour were probably partly her [but Lindsey's idea to chase her, looked like his]. But half the stuff he does on his own initiative Stevie didn't come up to say to him, "Hey, at the end of Don't Stop, why don't you come up and rub your face in my hair." He thinks those things up.

Michele

EXACTLY! That's too funny. And, yes "nervous" is the perfect description for Stevie's demeanor! For instance, she was hella nervous during his speech at AHI 2000 when he asked her to stay there for a mintue and she just hid behind him with only her deer in headlights eyes peering over his shoulder...that wasn't for the show...

I don't know that the Sara hug was Stevie's doing though. It started out with her just walking off and then he actually began following her, kissing her arm as she walked away. It seemed as though she acquiesced to the hug to avoid him doing that. LOL.

elle 01-31-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Lindsey is just being devilish here because the two worse SnL things on the SYW tour were instigated by him. The Tusk Dance and Say Goodbye. I don't think Stevie was ever comfortable with the Tusk Dance. \

thanks for finding that. :)

so now you reminded me of the tusk dance... somebody recently posted a gif of his tusk dance somewhere in the lindsey forum - that part right after the slow dance when he goes completely nuts... and i can't remember in which thread it was and i can't find it now :(:distress:. nobody but lindsey can come up with such craziness :xoxo:. same with his monkey dance.:laugh:

redtulip 01-31-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

somebody recently posted a gif of his tusk dance somewhere in the lindsey forum - that part right after the slow dance when he goes completely nuts... and i can't remember in which thread it was and i can't find it now .
Is this the post you are thinking of (scroll down)? It's in the Lindsey This or That thread.

elle 01-31-2012 05:23 PM

Unleashed origin?

Quote:

from that interview in 2006:

"Tearing certain things down and doing what was appropriate for what already existed as the band. That's probably one of the reasons I had so much fun on the road a couple of years ago. It was just more unleashed."

elle 01-31-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redtulip (Post 1038300)
Is this the post you are thinking of (scroll down)? It's in the Lindsey This or That thread.

thanks for looking. i did find that one - his monkey dance before Stand Back.

but i couldn't find the one which is still a part of Tusk, right after he's done slow-dancing with stevie and he's walking/dancing away from her. doesn't seem to be in the photos or youtube threads, or in "this or that" one.

the gif i'm looking for contained just 5:14-5:20 of this video:

CADreaming 01-31-2012 05:53 PM

^Try the SnL intimacy thread

elle 01-31-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 1038304)
^Try the SnL intimacy thread

thanks. can't find it there either... maybe i'm just blind.:shrug:

EDIT: found it, although not in the recent thread i was thinking of but here http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...29&postcount=5

http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/...GIFs/tusk3.gif

again, just your everyday lindsey craziness :laugh:

CADreaming 02-01-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1038301)
from that interview in 2006:

"Tearing certain things down and doing what was appropriate for what already existed as the band. That's probably one of the reasons I had so much fun on the road a couple of years ago. It was just more unleashed."

Speaking of Unleashed, I said when they first announced that tour when Stevie made her funny little snarky comment, "Unleashed and on the street" (which elicited a cute smirk from LB) that FM must be without a label. Turns out that was true.

windbecame 02-01-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Michele

yeah, regarding his intro to Say Goodbye, in the beginning of the tour ... didn't he actually intro it saying it was specifically about Stevie??? then after a few shows he didn't actually say her name?? i've always thought she put the kibosh on that? (too emotional for her maybe?)

michelej1 02-01-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windbecame (Post 1038382)
yeah, regarding his intro to Say Goodbye, in the beginning of the tour ... didn't he actually intro it saying it was specifically about Stevie??? then after a few shows he didn't actually say her name?? i've always thought she put the kibosh on that? (too emotional for her maybe?)

When I saw the shows, he was saying her name and she said it was emotional throughout the tour, but it was during the last week of shows, I could actually see her looking emotional. It was the last show that I saw that he turned to her and said, "it's been too many years. Or maybe it hasn't been enough."

He said that the night before he said something in the intro that she didn't like and he knows she didn't want him to talk about it anymore and she said, "it's your song. Say whatever you want." So, I always said that I wish I had been there that night before.

But Lindsey was doing thank yous and stuff during those last shows and he was mentioning his father and brother and Cory and how proud Greg would be of her and he was kind of choked up for those intros too. Michele

David 02-02-2012 12:05 PM

Hi, Louie!

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1038197)
Perhaps... but I think it's his bitterness with Fleetwood Mac which has always driven his solo career. It was the band's reaction against Tusk which largely pushed Lindsey's experimentations into a solo career (because they were no longer welcome within the band).

I think you're right. He found himself in a band full of musical reactionaries, & his pipe dream of rewriting the Brian Wilson/Beach Boys history was dashed. (Lindsey says that Wilson's desire to try new styles of music marginalized him in his band, which ultimately stranded him.) I think that, for a short time at least, Lindsey had genuine confidence in Fleetwood Mac's future as an experimental band--a band that refused to follow the commercial dictates of the mass audience (always wanting more of the same), but in so doing, a band that would be able to reshape the audience's preferences, to actually improve the audience's taste & sense of adventure.

Quote:

The frustration with the band that lead him to abandon the group fueled the best album of his career: Out Of The Cradle.
Oh my goodness, that's just wrong. :xoxo:

shackin'up 01-06-2014 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1038460)
Hi, Louie!

I think you're right. He found himself in a band full of musical reactionaries, & his pipe dream of rewriting the Brian Wilson/Beach Boys history was dashed. (Lindsey says that Wilson's desire to try new styles of music marginalized him in his band, which ultimately stranded him.) I think that, for a short time at least, Lindsey had genuine confidence in Fleetwood Mac's future as an experimental band--a band that refused to follow the commercial dictates of the mass audience (always wanting more of the same), but in so doing, a band that would be able to reshape the audience's preferences, to actually improve the audience's taste & sense of adventure.

In the core, this is what made me a lifetime Fleetwood Mac Fan. During Tusk I discovered the backcatalogue of FM pre-BN, and since Tusk really teached me about what art is, or what it could be, I believed in this huge band as a musical innovative monster. I had heard Then Play on, Future Games and Mystery to Me and concluded that this band had always had an edge of experiment in it's roots. To this day, I believe that they still have it in them, as long as Lindsey gets the room to build it in dialogue with enough good material that he did NOT write and with the counterinfluences of the two ladies and the rythmsection. But they have to BE there and fight him!!!

welcomechris 08-26-2014 08:28 PM

New Stevie/Mick/Lindsey Interview (Sorta)

Surprisingly Fleetwood Mac is back to full strength with the mid ’70s line up that made them international superstars, and three of them, singer/songwriter/guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, singer/songwriter Stevie Nicks, and band co-founder Mick Fleetwood join us In the Studio on the eve of their North American tour for some of their most popular songs. -Redbeard

Listen

welcomechris 08-26-2014 08:29 PM

It looks like it is coming September 15 but their is a preview in the link above