The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   5 least favorite Lindsey Mac songs (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59462)

michelej1 01-19-2022 06:32 PM

Without making a list, I would like to throw in my vote for Family Man.

I guess I would add WTWCT and Peacekeeper as well.

Nothing against Bleed to Love Her. There was a time when I actually loved the song, but I have enough renditions of that thing for 5 life times. It made me weary.

HomerMcvie 01-19-2022 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1272125)
Oh man, I love I Know I’m Not Wrong, but it took me a long time to appreciate it. It takes forever to get to the chorus, but when it comes it’s so dang catchy! Monday Morning I like a lot, and Neil did a really good job singing it. But if you didn’t like Lindsey’s version, you probably wouldn’t like Neil’s.

NEIL? WHO TF IS NEIL?

Oh, you meant cover band Neil...

It should be sacrilege to mention his name in this forum.

elle 01-19-2022 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1272147)
NEIL? WHO TF IS NEIL?

Oh, you meant cover band Neil...

It should be sacrilege to mention his name in this forum.

i had exact same reaction, word for word :nod::nod:

jwd 01-20-2022 07:04 PM

Empire State
Family Man
What's the World Coming To
Save Me A Place
Oh Diane

SteveMacD 01-20-2022 07:33 PM

Empire State
Family Man
Make Me A Mask
Murrow
It Takes Time

Jondalar 01-21-2022 08:34 PM

1. Oh Diane
2. Family Man
3. Empire State
4. Red Rover
5. Not that Funny

Villavic 01-22-2022 08:31 AM

The Ledge
Save me a Place
Caroline
Come
Teen Beat

blinker12 01-22-2022 09:00 AM

1. Come
2. Come
3. Come (I mean it’s long and bad enough right?)
4. Oh Diane
5. Murrow Turning Over in His Grave

UnwindedDreams 01-22-2022 09:08 AM

1. Say Goodbye
2. It Takes Time
3. Make Me a Mask
4. Empire State
5. Steal Your Heart Away

Is Come too much of a rock jam for people?

jbrownsjr 01-22-2022 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1272156)
i had exact same reaction, word for word :nod::nod:

I thought he sounded horrible on Lindsey's tunes. And he was the only one without pitch problems and the strongest voice. Just couldn't capture the tone or spirit of the songs.

Macfan4life 01-22-2022 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1272248)
1. Say Goodbye
2. It Takes Time
3. Make Me a Mask
4. Empire State
5. Steal Your Heart Away

Is Come too much of a rock jam for people?

I smell what you are cooking. For the love of God let Lindsey jam and play guitar. All these geezers complaining because the song jams.

God help us all

UnwindedDreams 01-22-2022 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1272252)
I smell what you are cooking. For the love of God let Lindsey jam and play guitar. All these geezers complaining because the song jams.

God help us all

Do you like the song? I love it. It's a bopper.

UnwindedDreams 01-22-2022 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1272250)
I thought he sounded horrible on Lindsey's tunes. And he was the only one without pitch problems and the strongest voice. Just couldn't capture the tone or spirit of the songs.

He sounded good on Don't Stop and World Turning.

I think the wrong Lindsey songs were chosen for him to sing.

If they had to do songs by Lindsey, I've already said Tusk should've been done, I think I'm So Afraid would've worked, and Eyes of the World.

Macfan4life 01-22-2022 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1272253)
Do you like the song? I love it. It's a bopper.

I prefer songs where Lindsey plays guitar and jams. I know he considers himself more than just a guitarist and a guitar is only a small part of an entire song. But my favorite Lindsey songs feature him profoundly on guitar (Wrong, Loving Cup, Go Your Own Way, etc).
Come is ok. I dont hate it and the part of me that loves it is because of the guitar. I swear I am in the twilight zone because Say You Will is so brilliant yet this board hates it. IMHO Lindsey's elements are so profound on all the songs. I am a stranger in a strange land. This board tends to tilt towards Lindsey and Tusk yet trashes Say You Will. Each go hand in hand. I am in the minority too which loves the longer album compared to a commercial 10-12 song album. SYW has so many Tusk like features but people hate it.
I know I'm not wrong
:)

UnwindedDreams 01-22-2022 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1272255)
I prefer songs where Lindsey plays guitar and jams. I know he considers himself more than just a guitarist and a guitar is only a small part of an entire song. But my favorite Lindsey songs feature him profoundly on guitar (Wrong, Loving Cup, Go Your Own Way, etc).
Come is ok. I dont hate it and the part of me that loves it is because of the guitar. I swear I am in the twilight zone because Say You Will is so brilliant yet this board hates it. IMHO Lindsey's elements are so profound on all the songs. I am a stranger in a strange land. This board tends to tilt towards Lindsey and Tusk yet trashes Say You Will. Each go hand in hand. I am in the minority too which loves the longer album compared to a commercial 10-12 song album. SYW has so many Tusk like features but people hate it.
I know I'm not wrong
:)

I'm a big SYW fan. But for me, it's Stevie's songs. Come I like because it's Lindsey, Mick, and whoever's on key/organ just letting it out.