The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   The Early Years (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Pre-Rumours songs in Rumours-era shows? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=15172)

jbrownsjr 08-23-2023 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1287283)
Don't Let Me Down again with Billy and Stevie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYAa2RT0x3I

God, I don't remember that. My poor brain is getting older.

Macfan4life 08-23-2023 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1287311)

Was the chiffon too tight that night?
:)

jbrownsjr 08-24-2023 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1287324)
Was the chiffon too tight that night?
:)

I'll be Garbo and you be Marlene Dietrich, Christine!

aleuzzi 08-25-2023 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1287311)

I’d never seen or heard that performance before now and am impressed, especially by Rick’s fluid guitar and Mick’s powerhouse drumming.

WalkAThinLine. 08-25-2023 09:18 PM

The post-Rumours band also played "I Loved Another Woman" on both their Shake the Cage tour and Behind the Mask tour

jbrownsjr 08-28-2023 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1287358)
I’d never seen or heard that performance before now and am impressed, especially by Rick’s fluid guitar and Mick’s powerhouse drumming.

Holy Cow!!! They played that with more energy than the true line up!!
Stevie was incredible!

That was amazing.

David 08-28-2023 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1287290)
Couldn’t care less who wrote it or what album it originally appeared. The song was perfect for Billy’s style.

Billy always said he was one of the more rabid Lindsey Buckingham fans, and I think he was the one who actually got it added to the set in 1987. A perfect choice because it lit a fire under Stevie and was one of the highlights of the show that year. “Incendiary” is the term reviewers most often used.

jbrownsjr 08-28-2023 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1287433)
Billy always said he was one of the more rabid Lindsey Buckingham fans, and I think he was the one who actually got it added to the set in 1987. A perfect choice because it lit a fire under Stevie and was one of the highlights of the show that year. “Incendiary” is the term reviewers most often used.

They were "smokin"!!! :eek::eek::eek:

aleuzzi 08-28-2023 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1287434)

They really were. Good vocals by both Billy and Stevie. But the real surprise for me is how Rick and Mick took the ding to another level—harder, tighter, and more exploratory at the same time. I can hear the organ swell through portions of it, too..

Macfan4life 08-28-2023 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1287434)

And the saddest part is there are no professional recordings of it released in audio or visual. The band could have had a real live concert released of at least 90 minutes like Mirage. Instead they lip synced live music while everyone was dressed up posing for the camera. Its was a slick 60 minute music video. The only genuine live parts are clips far from the stage and edited into the video. I suppose cool for the slick late 1980s but seriously, what were they thinking?

jbrownsjr 08-28-2023 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1287437)
They really were. Good vocals by both Billy and Stevie. But the real surprise for me is how Rick and Mick took the ding to another level—harder, tighter, and more exploratory at the same time. I can hear the organ swell through portions of it, too..

The BTM Cleveland Show was of that caliber. It was fanF***ing tastic.

Christine was on fire and led the group, (she even got mentioned in the reviews for leading the way)... But everyone was on point.

aleuzzi 08-29-2023 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1287439)
The BTM Cleveland Show was of that caliber. It was fanF***ing tastic.

Christine was on fire and led the group, (she even got mentioned in the reviews for leading the way)... But everyone was on point.

I looked for a review (November 20, Richmond Theatre, right?) If you know where I can see one...

jbrownsjr 08-29-2023 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1287443)
I looked for a review (November 20, Richmond Theatre, right?) If you know where I can see one...

It was Richfield, Ohio. Richfield Coliseum.

jbrownsjr 08-30-2023 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1287443)

I haven't been able to find one.

The local station, WMMS, was playing FM as we were leaving the venue. Even they were talking about how amazing the show was.

The reviews I used to read were generally from:

Cleveland Press
Cleveland Plain Dealer
Chronical Telegram
Scene Magazine
Rolling Stone etc.

aleuzzi 08-31-2023 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1287469)
I haven't been able to find one.

The local station, WMMS, was playing FM as we were leaving the venue. Even they were talking about how amazing the show was.

The reviews I used to read were generally from:

Cleveland Press
Cleveland Plain Dealer
Chronical Telegram
Scene Magazine
Rolling Stone etc.

Thanks—I saw a lot of web stuff listing the show, but no reviews. I’ll keep searching. Would love to read anything that recognizes Christine as the star of the show..