The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New Lindsey Album Confirmed!!! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=44989)

Sanne2 10-26-2010 03:45 PM

But, but, but, I REALLY wanted a new FM album.................

TrueFaith77 10-26-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanne2 (Post 917155)

blame stevie

Silver Springs 10-26-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 917167)
blame stevie

To blame Stevie would be a bit wrong, really. She's entitled to her own career and her own music. And we all know by now that the dynamic of the band has never been perfect. It's never down to one person that the time just isn't right. I mean, if the rumours are true, then Lindsey's been just as busy. Plus he has his young family to cope with, as does Mick and John has his Daughter to give his time to. The band has far more commitment to things outside of the band than they did before.

chiliD 10-26-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 917168)
To blame Stevie would be a bit wrong, really. She's entitled to her own career and her own music. And we all know by now that the dynamic of the band has never been perfect. It's never down to one person that the time just isn't right. I mean, if the rumours are true, then Lindsey's been just as busy. Plus he has his young family to cope with, as does Mick and John has his Daughter to give his time to. The band has far more commitment to things outside of the band than they did before.

Jeez, I have "commitments to things outside" of my job, but can I just tell my boss "no I have a grandson I have to give my time to, I'll be back to work when I damn well feel like it's 'time' to". No. Get the f*** back to work people...Fleetwood Mac is your livelihood. You're either musicians or your not. If not, announce it to the world that Fleetwood Mac is once & for all DEAD, and stop torturing your fans.

Dowie100 10-26-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 917178)
Jeez, I have "commitments to things outside" of my job, but can I just tell my boss "no I have a grandson I have to give my time to, I'll be back to work when I damn well feel like it's 'time' to". No. Get the f*** back to work people...Fleetwood Mac is your livelihood. You're either musicians or your not. If not, announce it to the world that Fleetwood Mac is once & for all DEAD, and stop torturing your fans.

I may be wrong but didn't Fleetwood Mac tour last year, does that not count as work :p

Silver Springs 10-26-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Last time I checked, Fleetwood Mac wasn't a nine to five. And yes, they did tour last year. That's activity. Just because they're not releasing an album every year doesn't make them unproductive.

bucklind17 10-26-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

For what it's worth, this fan would rather have a Lindsey solo album and tour than an FM album and tour. Though that says just as much about me as them, I suppose. Either way, with Stevie already putting out an album and this news, they're both contributing to their livelihood and status as musicians.

That said, how is that Nickslive link considered a confirmation of anything? It's just a rehash of the news already out there. I would imagine if the man wanted to confirm anything at this point, he had a perfect channel with which to do so this morning and he chose not to for whatever reason.

TrueFaith77 10-26-2010 06:01 PM

When 3 people want to do a Mac album and one person doesn't, I blame that one person. She should have used Dave Stewart to get some writing done (he seems to have that affect on people, e.g., Bryan Ferry)--and then, like Ferry, take those songs to geniuses (e.g., Rhett Davies or THE MAC)--and make a great album out of it. I am only assuming, but I do assume, that Lindsey put together a solo album because he wasn't gonna twiddle his thumbs waiting and/or he had gotten some material ready for a Mac album; either way, this productivity could have been folded into the Mac as well. I feel it's our loss because they don't work with better musicians than John and Mick and because Stevie and Lindsey improve each others' songs (by virtue of their work on those songs and by virtue of their placement next to each other on one disc...and by virtue of the band's selective process for the tracklisting). PLUS, I'd rather see them on tour again than see them solo. So I blame Stevie. Others might thank her! But I agree with chili, it's time to put up or shut up with these two/four.

DID I MENTION: I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE LINDSEY ALBUM!!!???!!!????

michelej1 10-26-2010 06:29 PM

Lindsey didn't totally rule out an FM album. He said they would probably record something (although that's wishful thinking on his part. He's been saying that since the SYW tour ended). Even though he left that hope open, we know it's unlikely. If they plan to tour in 2012, and SnL are doing solo stuff in 2011, they aren't going to have time to make a new album, in the limited space in between.

He's a nut. He thinks he has more freedom with Christine gone, but he has less. If she was there and she was game for a new album, we'd have one. Stevie would follow the tide. If Mick, Lindsey and Chris were on the same page, then we'd have the other 2 in the bag. Lindsey should want Christine back (in the recording studio, I know she won't tour) more than anyone, if he wants new FM music.

Michele

Erin 10-26-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gretchen (Post 917122)

So what are the chances I won't have to wait in the pass the line line at the HOB?:lol:

I don't care what type of album it is, I'm just happy there's something from both him and Stevie.

CADreaming 10-26-2010 10:04 PM

Or maybe we shouldn't be surprised if/when all of LB's songs are hijacked/intervened/rolled over into a new Fleetwood Mac album...just sayin'. :wavey:

PS - But how great would it be - my dream year - new SN, new LB, FM tour, AND BN released!!!! (ok, that's dreaming for sure!)

mylittledemon 10-26-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanne2 (Post 917155)

yeah, sometimes I'm mildly angry about the fact that more time has gone by since the release of Say You Will since there was between The Dance and SYW. :distress:

louielouie2000 10-26-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 917279)
yeah, sometimes I'm mildly angry about the fact that more time has gone by since the release of Say You Will since there was between The Dance and SYW. :distress:

I've never thought of it in those terms before. Depressing. :distress: Though I can honestly say I'd far prefer more Buckingham and Nicks solo albums than another disjointed Mac album like Say You Will. :sorry:

mylittledemon 10-26-2010 11:21 PM

I kinda like them all equally. Although I'd like to think that the next Fleetwood Mac album would be less of a mess than SYW.

DavidMn 10-26-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD (Post 917125)
LOL
seeing him solo tour again!!!!!!!
this is going to be so f'in amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
im totally ampd! STOPDROPROLL...IM ON FIRE!!!!! ;)

Perhaps another date for you and I?:xoxo: It's been too lon since I've seen you my friend!