The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   5 least favorite Lindsey Mac songs (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59462)

HomerMcvie 01-22-2022 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinker12 (Post 1272246)
1. Come
2. Come
3. Come (I mean it’s long and bad enough right?)
4. Oh Diane
5. Murrow Turning Over in His Grave

THANK YOU!

See Macfan, it's not just me. Come is a horrible song. So is Murrow.

I can live with Oh Diane.

Macfan4life 01-22-2022 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1272257)
THANK YOU!

See Macfan, it's not just me. Come is a horrible song. So is Murrow.

I can live with Oh Diane.

Not my favorite songs but I definitely like them. The guitar work is brilliant. Mick's drumming is really good on Murrow too. How anyone cannot appreciate Lindsey's skills on these songs is beyond me. Seriously. Its some of his best work and blows any song of his on Tusk out of the water. I hate it when Lindsey gets edgy with computers and programmed stuff like on Caroline. But pushing Mick and John and Lindsey's guitar to their creative edge is brilliant.
I will never apologize for Lindsey offending you for playing his guitar.

Hurry, run back to your seat Homer, the drum machine to Stand Back just began!

HomerMcvie 01-22-2022 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1272258)
Not my favorite songs but I definitely like them. The guitar work is brilliant. Mick's drumming is really good on Murrow too. How anyone cannot appreciate Lindsey's skills on these songs is beyond me. Seriously. Its some of his best work and blows any song of his on Tusk out of the water. I hate it when Lindsey gets edgy with computers and programmed stuff like on Caroline. But pushing Mick and John and Lindsey's guitar to their creative edge is brilliant.
I will never apologize for Lindsey offending you for playing his guitar.

Hurry, run back to your seat Homer, the drum machine to Stand Back just began!

It's not his guitar playing, so stop saying that. It's the SCREAMING, and the fact that it's a sh*tty song.

And even you can see that I'm not the only person who hates it. :lol::angel::xoxo:

Macfan4life 01-22-2022 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1272260)
It's not his guitar playing, so stop saying that. It's the SCREAMING, and the fact that it's a sh*tty song.

And even you can see that I'm not the only person who hates it. :lol::angel::xoxo:

I imagine you also have a dart board with Lindsey's face on it? :lol:

I suppose I am not as simplistic as to discard a song because of singing alone. I am more about the music and arrangements. There are fantastic songs with bad singing. Would you say this to Bob Dylan? He is a horrible singer. American Idol ruined music.

HomerMcvie 01-22-2022 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1272262)
I imagine you also have a dart board with Lindsey's face on it? :lol:

I suppose I am not as simplistic as to discard a song because of singing alone. I am more about the music and arrangements. There are fantastic songs with bad singing. Would you say this to Bob Dylan? He is a horrible singer. American Idol ruined music.

Oh PUHLEEEEASE, because I don't like a couple of songs?

FM WOULD HAVE FALLEN INTO OBSCURITY BY 1980 IF IT WEREN'T FOR LINDSEY.

Bob Dylan is a highly overrated schmuck. And a horrible singer. At least we agree on something. NEXT! :D

FuzzyPlum 01-23-2022 08:36 AM

Empire State
Teen Beat
Make Me a Mask
Say Goodbye
Not That Funny

michelej1 01-24-2022 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1272280)
Oh PUHLEEEEASE, because I don't like a couple of songs?

FM WOULD HAVE FALLEN INTO OBSCURITY BY 1980 IF IT WEREN'T FOR LINDSEY.

Bob Dylan is a highly overrated schmuck. And a horrible singer. At least we agree on something. NEXT! :D

One time, an interviewer was talking to Cher and he complained about Sonny's nasal voice and Cher got upset about that and said that Bob Dylan couldn't sing either, what was the interviewer's point. I loved her for that. I always said of Cher that she might drag Sonny through the mud, but she wouldn't let anyone else do it in her presence.

We don't have many instances of the Macsters being protective of one another. That would warm the cockles of my heart.

jbrownsjr 01-25-2022 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1272254)
He sounded good on Don't Stop and World Turning.

I think the wrong Lindsey songs were chosen for him to sing.

If they had to do songs by Lindsey, I've already said Tusk should've been done, I think I'm So Afraid would've worked, and Eyes of the World.

I agree. He sounded terrible on SHN and MM. Hold Me he wasn't too bad. He kept Christine in tune for the most part. At least the shows I saw.

elle 01-25-2022 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1272254)
He sounded good on Don't Stop and World Turning.

I think the wrong Lindsey songs were chosen for him to sing.

If they had to do songs by Lindsey, I've already said Tusk should've been done, I think I'm So Afraid would've worked, and Eyes of the World.

with the caveat that i was not (of course!) at any Fakewood shows, from youtube vids i saw, i thought Neil Finn actually sounded great on SHN. i do agree that it had no spirit and heart, but singing was on point and way more similar to the record than Lindsey's more recent live versions. and i think recorded SHN and early live versions were perfection.

i'm assuming that you are being just sarcastic about Tusk, ISA and Eyes because there's no way you can be serious. those are suck typical LB songs, and if you didn't like Neil's version of SHN and MM you would have hated whatever he could do with those songs. who exactly would do the ISA solo or Eyes outro? both those are such typical Lindsey guitars and from what i've heard in vids neither of those 2 guitarists they contracted for Fakewood could "play it like Lindsey."

UnwindedDreams 01-25-2022 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1272344)
with the caveat that i was not (of course!) at any Fakewood shows, from youtube vids i saw, i thought Neil Finn actually sounded great on SHN. i do agree that it had no spirit and heart, but singing was on point and way more similar to the record than Lindsey's more recent live versions. and i think recorded SHN and early live versions were perfection.

i'm assuming that you are being just sarcastic about Tusk, ISA and Eyes because there's no way you can be serious. those are suck typical LB songs, and if you didn't like Neil's version of SHN and MM you would have hated whatever he could do with those songs. who exactly would do the ISA solo or Eyes outro? both those are such typical Lindsey guitars and from what i've heard in vids neither of those 2 guitarists they contracted for Fakewood could "play it like Lindsey."

I went to multiple shows so I've heard Neil sing and I believe he could've sung the songs I mentioned and I'll add I Know I'm Not Wrong, Oh Well (Mike sounded like he was gargling), and Big Love.

Mike or Neil probably could play the guitar parts.
Mike did the shredding on Hold Me, it didn't sound great like Mirage, the soloing and outro to You Make Loving Fun. His soloing on Go Your Own Way and Second Hand News were too country twang... it was like Springsteen on Thundercrack.

WalkAThinLine. 06-27-2022 10:44 PM

A few years ago, I ranked 325 Fleetwood Mac songs from best to worst, so I am pulling the bottom five Buckingham songs and placing them here.

5th worst: Goodbye Angel (ranked #306 out of #325)

4th worst: Miss Fantasy (ranked #307 out of #325)

3rd worst: Doesn't Anything Last? (ranked #309 out of #325)

2nd worst: Oh Diane (ranked #315 out of #325)

Worst: It Takes Time (#319 out of #325)

HomerMcvie 06-28-2022 12:41 AM

Not That Funny(live), is all I've got.

I like Family Man, and absolutely LOVE Empire State.

cbBen 06-28-2022 03:52 AM

1. Not That Funny
2. Come
3. My Little Demon
4. That's Enough For Me
5. Red Rover

WalkAThinLine. 06-28-2022 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1275626)
Not That Funny(live), is all I've got.

The studio version of "Not That Funny" is not as egregious as the live version. I remember that a good portion of the audience quickly retreated to the concession stands upon hearing the first few notes of "Not That Funny" during their 2013 tour.

Macfan4life 06-28-2022 06:26 AM

Yes people left during the Dance on NTF. I was floored they did that song again. I dont mind the earlier versions of NTF live because of Chris pounding away on the piano. It was a good jam. But after Mirage it should not have been performed live again. I could be wrong but on the Dance version Chris was not even on stage playing? It was more a a Lindsey jam. Forgive me my memory is foggy on this.

I am in the minority on The Ledge but I think The Ledge is one of my least favorite Lindsey songs. I like everything else on Tusk except this song :eek: