The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fm Channel May 1 On Sirius (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57832)

Kyle 05-04-2018 12:25 PM

I'm enjoying this new station. However, I wouldn't mind fewer non FM songs. I've already heard Witchy Woman enough times.

I just realized that Irving Azoff has a new interview show on SiriusXM station 106. He has already interviewed Jon Bon Jovi. I wonder if he is going to interview anyone from Fleetwood Mac.

secondhandchain 05-04-2018 12:43 PM

Heard a bit of Christine...poor things sounds like her choppers are floating around all over her mouth. :laugh:

Neal 05-04-2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1226536)
Heard a bit of Christine...poor things sounds like her choppers are floating around all over her mouth. :laugh:

When she's speaking loudly (i.e. in concert to 10k people) she seems to enunciate better, and I understand her just fine.

However for years now, her regular speaking voice (i.e. interviews and satellite radio bumpers :p) sound like she's on a chardonnay drip.... :distress:

Neal 05-04-2018 01:04 PM

RE: the repetitive programming - I'm not sure if anyone caught the Prince or David Bowie limited engagement channels when they ran, but they too replayed many blocks of the same songs.

I noticed they switched it up though as the month went on, so there's a good chance we'll get even more variety in the coming weeks. :nod:

ami0425 05-04-2018 02:35 PM

So I have heard them play Stevie and Christine's solo stuff. Has anyone heard any of Lindsey's solo work? It wouldnt surprise me if they don't...

elle 05-04-2018 05:17 PM

on my way home this afternoon, Mick was talking........ about Tango. and how Lindsey left. but that he luckily came back, years later. and how lucky they are that he's back now.

must have been recorded that they before Musicares when Mick and Lindsey went to Sirius to do their interviews.

i now soooooooo want those Lindsey interviews to be aired!! so. bad. i need them!

elle 05-04-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ami0425 (Post 1226554)
So I have heard them play Stevie and Christine's solo stuff. Has anyone heard any of Lindsey's solo work? It wouldnt surprise me if they don't...

they should. he's been a part of the band for decades, much longer than some others.

but they probably won't. which speaks volumes about them.

jwd 05-04-2018 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLamb (Post 1226523)
I'm pretty much listening only to this channel since May 1st. It's great that they are playing ALL incarnations of Fleetwood Mac, and not only focusing on 1975 and onward.

I tend to change the channel when they play the "influences" -- Jackson Browne, Eagles, Joni Mitchell, etc. And I must say, I don't quite get the Peter Gabriel connection, so not sure why he's occasionally being played.

Glad they have played a number of Stevie solo songs, but a bit dismayed they're only playing (so far) very few of Christine's ("When You Say", "Got A Hold On Me" and "Friend"). Haven't heard any solo stuff by Bob Welch nor Lindsey.

Can't understand why nothing's been played from Lindsey Buckingham / Christine McVie. Another opportunity being missed is not playing "I Pretend", the duet between Sandy Stewart (writer of "Seven Wonders") and Stevie, from Sandy's Cat Dancer album.

I'm happy to have this channel, and would love for it to become permanent, though it seems in just the first four days they're replaying the same stuff over & over.

So who is responsible for what does get programmed on this channel? There are myriads of FM and solo songs to play. Not to mention all the artists that FM and its' members have worked with. Walter Egan, Lana Del Rey, Kenny Loggins, John Stewart etc etc. Who needs the other stuff?

jwd 05-04-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1226536)

OMG! I think that's one of the most insulting, if not THE most insulting thing I've ever heard about Christine. But I know what you're saying. Her speech has become a little "slurred"? She doesn't wear dentures does she? :laugh:

bombaysaffires 05-04-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1226602)
OMG! I think that's one of the most insulting, if not THE most insulting thing I've ever heard about Christine. But I know what you're saying. Her speech has become a little "slurred"? She doesn't wear dentures does she? :laugh:

seems like she got veneers or caps or something. quite a few older entertainers (singers, actors, etc) seem to have gotten them and they all end up having the same slurry, lispy or somehow altered speech.

I just watched Roger Daltrey on an interview program and he's got it now too. :eek:

jwd 05-04-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1226604)
seems like she got veneers or caps or something. quite a few older entertainers (singers, actors, etc) seem to have gotten them and they all end up having the same slurry, lispy or somehow altered speech.

I just watched Roger Daltrey on an interview program and he's got it now too. :eek:

It's frightening! :eek: And not worth pretty teeth. Can't believe caps or veneers would change your speech so noticeably. Wow! Maybe it has more to do with the old age thing.

bombaysaffires 05-04-2018 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1226607)
It's frightening! :eek: And not worth pretty teeth. Can't believe caps or veneers would change your speech so noticeably. Wow!

right? but I can't imagine they've all suddenly had strokes or something either, so..... Maybe they need to pick better cosmetic dentists!

You know, like some people get really good plastic surgery and injectables and all that done to their faces (whoever Stevie uses does fantastic work) and you can't really tell, and others look like they got hit by a truck. :o

jwd 05-04-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1226610)
right? but I can't imagine they've all suddenly had strokes or something either, so..... Maybe they need to pick better cosmetic dentists!

You know, like some people get really good plastic surgery and injectables and all that done to their faces (whoever Stevie uses does fantastic work) and you can't really tell, and others look like they got hit by a truck. :o

Maybe. Glad I'm not the only person noticing it with Christine though. Stay away from her dentist! :lol:

Keith 05-04-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLamb (Post 1226523)

Glad they have played a number of Stevie solo songs, but a bit dismayed they're only playing (so far) very few of Christine's ("When You Say", "Got A Hold On Me" and "Friend"). Haven't heard any solo stuff by Bob Welch nor Lindsey.

I haven't heard any solo Lindsey either - but, since it is his solo work wouldn't they have to get his permission? I don't know how it works, but if I was fired I would probably not let them have my music. I don't know. It would be nice to hear some tracks from Go Insane like D.W. Suite.

jmn3 05-04-2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1226612)
Maybe. Glad I'm not the only person noticing it with Christine though. Stay away from her dentist! :lol:

I heard it with Christine but also with Stevie too. There was almost a slight shh sound to some of her s's.

What a drag it is getting old...

jwd 05-04-2018 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1226629)
I heard it with Christine but also with Stevie too. There was almost a slight shh sound to some of her s's.

What a drag it is getting old...

Damn, I love that song!

secondhandchain 05-04-2018 09:59 PM

They do NOT need Lindsey's permission to play his songs. The fact that they aren't is probably the bands doing. WHICH IS SO WRONG. F#CK THEM! They just have to pay the ASCAP royalty fee.

David 05-04-2018 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1226629)

Her shibbolentsh are shlightly shour.

lilyfee 05-05-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1226592)
on my way home this afternoon, Mick was talking........ about Tango. and how Lindsey left. but that he luckily came back, years later. and how lucky they are that he's back now.

must have been recorded that they before Musicares when Mick and Lindsey went to Sirius to do their interviews.

i now soooooooo want those Lindsey interviews to be aired!! so. bad. i need them!

In Mick's playlist, he plays Walk a Thin Line and talks about how Lindsey inspired him to do his album, The Visitor. I was really surprised to hear him talking so fondly about Lindsey but this makes sense if his interview was pre-recorded.

I wish Lindsey's interviews/playlist would air too.

McLamb 05-05-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1226600)
So who is responsible for what does get programmed on this channel? There are myriads of FM and solo songs to play. Not to mention all the artists that FM and its' members have worked with. Walter Egan, Lana Del Rey, Kenny Loggins, John Stewart etc etc. Who needs the other stuff?

On the Sirius XM website, you can usually get an e-mail address for the individual stations. Not so, it seems, with limited-run channels. I called and asked for e-mail contact for whomever is running the Fleetwood Mac channel, and was told they couldn't give out that info.

Five days in, and the channel is getting really repetitive. It's easy to see the list of what's already been played through the Dogstar site.

This channel hasn't yet played "As Long As You Follow", "No Questions Asked", "Paper Doll", "Love Shines", "Heart Of Stone" or "Make Me A Mask", among others (like "When I See You Again", though I'm in no hurry to hear that one).

I'd also like to hear on the radio the live version of "Everywhere" from the 1987 Tango In The Night concert video (I have it on the "Save Me" CD-single).

I really like having access to this channel. It just seems like I have a more extensive collection than they do.

bombaysaffires 05-05-2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1226677)
Her shibbolentsh are shlightly shour.

watch Stevie when she talks during the CBS interview-- especially when she describes them listening to all sorts of singers from 27-65. Her tongue is constantly at the front of her mouth almost popping out, and she's rather lispy.
A lot of us commented on how lispy, and slurry her enunciation is on 24k. She's definitely had her teeth done but initially had it done years ago.... if you look at old pics in the early days of FM she had much larger 2 front top teeth and then at some point she's got the smaller, all same sized teeth perfectly aligned that come from cosmetic work. Maybe she got replacements a few years back? Maybe it's just old age slurriness? Girlfriend is 70 now.

jwd 05-06-2018 10:36 AM

I was really surprised at how easy it was to get this. I simply downloaded the app to my tablet. Didn't have to sign up for an account or start a trial subscription. Just searched for the FM channel and started playing it.

Haven't listened long enough to notice repetitiveness. It's definitely not a casual fan Top 40 FM track station. Loving all the early FM songs and more obscure tracks being played. "Where We Belong"(tango outtake), alternate "Rhiannon", from I think the deluxe box set, "Everybody Finds Out", and some live tracks as well. Actually playing John Stewart's "Gold", that Stevie was heavily featured on, as I'm typing this.

I like hearing the different band members with their commentaries. Christine on speaking highly of TITN and how SHE enjoyed the recording process at Lindsey's house. We all know how Stevie felt about that.

Mick was singing Bob Welch's praises and what he meant to FM. Apparently not enough for him to get inducted into the RRHOF though. Then "Woman Of A Thousand Years" is played. :distress:

Anyway, very interesting channel. I wish it was permanent.

jwd 05-06-2018 10:42 AM

Christine McVie "I'd Rather Go Blind"! Wow!

jmn3 05-06-2018 10:44 AM

They're playing "I'd Rather Go Blind" from the Christine Perfect album right now. Really surprised at how well they are mixing this up and bringing in so much rare stuff (although as we know, they're avoiding a certain someone :rolleyes:).

jmn3 05-06-2018 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1226907)
Christine McVie "I'd Rather Go Blind"! Wow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1226908)
They're playing "I'd Rather Go Blind" from the Christine Perfect album right now. Really surprised at how well they are mixing this up and bringing in so much rare stuff (although as we know, they're avoiding a certain someone :rolleyes:).

Ha - guess we had the same thought!

jwd 05-06-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1226909)
Ha - guess we had the same thought!

Great minds and true FM completist fans think alike! :thumbsup:

jmn3 05-06-2018 10:55 AM

I could really do without Joni Mitchell being played however...ugh...this is the fourth time I've encountered Big Yellow Taxi on this station

jwd 05-06-2018 10:58 AM

Hey some Bob Welch FM! "Sentimental Lady". NICE! Let's hear it for Bob Welch!!!!

jmn3 05-06-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1226914)
Hey some Bob Welch FM! "Sentimental Lady". NICE! Let's hear it for Bob Welch!!!!

I've heard more Bob Welch on this station than i've heard on the radio in total in the last 20 years. Hearing the band speak well of him is interesting given the RRHOF treatment the man received. While I'm a bigger fan of the Rumours era stuff, that middle period really has some great music. Bare Trees and Mystery to Me are full of great work.

Macfan4life 05-06-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1226918)
I've heard more Bob Welch on this station than i've heard on the radio in total in the last 20 years. Hearing the band speak well of him is interesting given the RRHOF treatment the man received. While I'm a bigger fan of the Rumours era stuff, that middle period really has some great music. Bare Trees and Mystery to Me are full of great work.

Yes I heard the Mick interview last week how Bob Welch was such a great guitar player and how he changed Fleetwood Mac with harmonies, etc. Even in his latest book Mick raves about Bob. I wish someone would have the balls to ask Mick why he and the band (excluding Stevie and Lindsey) treated him so horrible even in the last years of his life.

The Catdancer 05-06-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1226728)
watch Stevie when she talks during the CBS interview-- especially when she describes them listening to all sorts of singers from 27-65. Her tongue is constantly at the front of her mouth almost popping out, and she's rather lispy.
A lot of us commented on how lispy, and slurry her enunciation is on 24k. She's definitely had her teeth done but initially had it done years ago.... if you look at old pics in the early days of FM she had much larger 2 front top teeth and then at some point she's got the smaller, all same sized teeth perfectly aligned that come from cosmetic work. Maybe she got replacements a few years back? Maybe it's just old age slurriness? Girlfriend is 70 now.

She should get a whitening job, they're kinda gray...

sleepless child 05-06-2018 12:55 PM

I always thought something was up when I saw the sometimes it's a bitch video. her mouth didn't look right. Like she'd had her lips done or something. To me it was very noticeable.

elle 05-06-2018 01:23 PM

Lindsey at SiriusXM back at the end of January when he did his parts, that never aired so far.

at SiriusXM back in January . . . #lindseybuckingham#fleetwoodmac

A post shared by Lindsey Buckingspam (@outofthecradle) on

Lola 05-06-2018 01:55 PM

They're playing Tango In The Night now. Chris talking before the song about a piece of music she had on piano and played it for Lindsey. He came up with a sightly different guitar lick then they ate dinner together. After dinner she said give me some time and I'll try to write some lyrics. She wrote the lyrics and those are what we hear on the record.

Storms123 05-06-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1226926)
I always thought something was up when I saw the sometimes it's a bitch video. her mouth didn't look right. Like she'd had her lips done or something. To me it was very noticeable.

She appears to have a slight underbite as well. That could be what you are noticing.

secondhandchain 05-06-2018 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola (Post 1226931)
They're playing Tango In The Night now. Chris talking before the song about a piece of music she had on piano and played it for Lindsey. He came up with a sightly different guitar lick then they ate dinner together. After dinner she said give me some time and I'll try to write some lyrics. She wrote the lyrics and those are what we hear on the record.

I didn’t know that song was a co write?

secondhandchain 05-06-2018 03:01 PM

How much freaking Jackson Browne are they going to play? I’m only Checking in once in while to see if they play a Lindsey solo song, which they have not which is such a slap in the f#cking face. They should be ashamed.

bombaysaffires 05-06-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1226928)
Lindsey at SiriusXM back at the end of January when he did his parts, that never aired so far.

at SiriusXM back in January . . . #lindseybuckingham#fleetwoodmac

A post shared by Lindsey Buckingspam (@outofthecradle) on

hmmm... do we know the date of this?

Musicares was 26th......

jmn3 05-06-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1226936)
How much freaking Jackson Browne are they going to play? I’m only Checking in once in while to see if they play a Lindsey solo song, which they have not which is such a slap in the f#cking face. They should be ashamed.

Yes I too am sick of hearing Jackson Browne! I’m not sure I even understand who in Fleetwood Mac he influenced.

GypsySorcerer 05-06-2018 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1226943)
Yes I too am sick of hearing Jackson Browne! I’m not sure I even understand who in Fleetwood Mac he influenced.

Stevie is a fan.

I heard a clip of Mick talking about the RRHOF, and how at first he didn't care, but then he recognized the honor of being inducted, etc. And the next song was the FM version of "Sentimental Lady." :eek: Someone wasn't paying attention on that one!