The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MF Wants Reunion with Everyone. (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59205)

jbrownsjr 03-29-2021 09:43 AM

MF Wants Reunion with Everyone.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/mick-..._Ng9fu3PDmWc4w

guillamene 03-29-2021 02:18 PM

Oh dear.....
Firstly-who exactly is 'everyone?' Apart from the Rumours 5, there is Billy and Rick, Mike and Neil, Jeremy, Bekka and Dave.....forgive me if I'm not enthusiastic.
My guess is that, hot on the heels of his Peter Green Tribute Concert, Mick wants to do a similar 'one off' concert/DVD/CD

UnwindedDreams 03-29-2021 02:39 PM

I would rather new music with this current lineup than a performance of just classics with Lindsey.

At least if the new lineup does an EP or album, I won't have to hear DDIO, I Got You and Free Fallin again.
Do your own damn songs! Paper Doll, Angel, I Don't Want To Know, Sweet Girl...lazy people

BigAl84 03-29-2021 02:42 PM

It's the most pathetic and transparent plea for cash that Mick has probably ever made...and that's saying something for Mick.

He'll cobble together some sort of show with whoever the heck is willing to participate.

It's ironic how in just about a month we've gone from one extreme to the other:

Fleetwood mac is probably done > Fleetwood mac is NOT done > I'll take whatever I can get (Bekka, return my call!!)

It's also kind of a repeating pattern with Mick, he pivots to this concept of "honoring all" or "playing with all" every time he's kind of dancing around all of the interpersonal issues within the band and having issues getting people on board. It's his way of playing offense, we'll do this if we can't do that.

UnwindedDreams 03-29-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1265850)
It's also kind of a repeating pattern with Mick, he pivots to this concept of "honoring all" or "playing with all" every time he's kind of dancing around all of the interpersonal issues within the band and having issues getting people on board. It's his way of playing offense, we'll do this if we can't do that.

Playboy 2012?

"I don't know if Fleetwood Mac will ever tour again":laugh:

aleuzzi 03-29-2021 03:13 PM

Lindsey likely would not participate in such a carnival. As a Fleetwood Mac swan song it’s desperate and sad and ultimately embarrassing. But who knows?

More possible (and marginally less tacky) would be a night called Mick Fleetwood and Friends (kinda like the Bob Welch event).

elle 03-29-2021 05:28 PM

it's just NME's regurgitation of what he said to LA Times or whichever magazine a week ago, that everyone else then picked up and made a clickbait out of it.

aleuzzi 03-29-2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1265853)
it's just NME's regurgitation of what he said to LA Times or whichever magazine a week ago, that everyone else then picked up and made a clickbait out of it.

Here’s hoping such tackiness never materializes.

Street_Dreamer 03-29-2021 06:49 PM

That ship has sailed. Jeremy is the only other original member of the band still alive. Dave Walker's contributions to the band weren't exactly memorable. The one guy who (other than Peter) deserved to have the spotlight on him for his contributions and foresight was Bob Welch and sadly he has left us. We all know the Stevie drama. Rick, Billy and Bekka all seem like people who would be willing to participate in such an event but the band (Mick) has done everything to try to ignore/erase those years.

There's plenty of unreleased material that he can still milk money out of. Rumours hasn't even been released on Blu-ray yet.

HomerMcvie 03-29-2021 07:48 PM

The LAST thing any of the other singers want on stage is Bekka. She will blow their god damned doors off their cars. She can wail like none of them.

Seriously, it would be insanely embarrassing to follow her.

AKA- it won't happen.

elle 03-29-2021 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1265858)
The LAST thing any of the other singers want on stage is Bekka. She will blow their god damned doors off their cars. She can wail like none of them.

Seriously, it would be insanely embarrassing to follow her.

AKA- it won't happen.

yep. Mick is just saying "everyone ever in FM" because he wants Lindsey in but doesn't necessarily want to throw Neil and Mike under the bus just yet. (and perhaps Vito since he played with him in Landon and usually i think does in his restaurant too.)

by everyone ever he doesn't really mean everyone ever in FM, he doesn't mean Billy, Rick, Bekka, Jeremy, etc etc.

Macfan4life 03-30-2021 04:09 AM

I am surprised no one mentioned that I bet there are several surviving former members who would pass on such a spectacle. Most important no way in hell Stevie is going to share the stage with them anyway.
IMHO this is Mick projecting his guilt of the way he has treated most former members of this band. Rick and Billy were not good enough to come back for a tour when Lindsey was fired yet they are going to come back for one concert to pad Mick's wallet. yeah ok

BigAl84 03-30-2021 09:26 AM

That is a great point about Bekka - she absolutely could sing them all under the table, no doubt!!

BigAl84 03-30-2021 09:31 AM

This would be hilarious...

The first meeting of tour negotiations:

Lindsey: "I need time to put out a solo record and tour behind it..."

Ahahahahahahah I hope he does it just to spite them.

On Ice 03-30-2021 11:29 AM

"Everyone" meaning the famous 5. Not a bad idea but about 2 decades too late- may have been even better instead of the Dance - unfortunately one of the most vital early members Danny Kirwan would likely not have been fit to participate. Now though, the main contributors are have all passed leaving the amazing pipes of Bekka Bramlett to shame everyone else off the stage, would be a very sad spectacle and make all vocal deficiencies stand out like a sore thumb.:eek:

jmn3 03-30-2021 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1265859)
yep. Mick is just saying "everyone ever in FM" because he wants Lindsey in but doesn't necessarily want to throw Neil and Mike under the bus just yet. (and perhaps Vito since he played with him in Landon and usually i think does in his restaurant too.)

by everyone ever he doesn't really mean everyone ever in FM, he doesn't mean Billy, Rick, Bekka, Jeremy, etc etc.

Yep, Mickey is so obvious. This nonsense is all about opening up a Rumours 5 reunion. Hell, that isn't even critical, he just wants a tour/show with the three Rumours songwriters. He would dump John in a hot second if he wasn't interested.

At this point, he knows his best bet to make the most post-pandemic money is with the 1975-87; 1997; 2014-18 lineup. He knows that while Lindsey has made it clear he would return, there is no way he's going to join some ramshackle band made up of Bekka, Billy, Rick, Neil, Mike, and whoever else he can scam into joining it. "The power of these five people and the beautiful music we made together is just too strong a force for us to not come back one last time...we all just realized there is so much love between us that we had to play together again" and so on.

And of course I'd go see this mess too. Like a bad car wreck, I'm too invested to not at least have a look. My only hope would be, that if Lindsey somehow figures out a way to even want to go back and stand next to that witch on stage, the days of the fake hugs and kisses are done for good. Too much was spilled about the real state of their relationship over the years and they're both in their 70's. Just go on stage, play the damn songs, and none of this trash for the stupid 'shippers' who get horny for a relationship that ended 45 years ago.

Honestly, I'd rather Stevie tell them to go away and that she's done. A second BuckVie album released under the Fleetwood Mac name. And then a tour with the foursome (and the inevitable army of backing bands they'll need to support them) in smaller venues.

Villavic 03-30-2021 02:10 PM

If Everyone means all alive current and former members, we would see 13 people on stage. Then it would be better if they sing We are the world.

BombaySapphire3 03-30-2021 03:32 PM

In the spirit of their bed hopping heyday they should just limit to to whoever has a carnal connection and that would mean having slept with each other or another band member's spouse. That would limit it to the Rumours five and the still musically active Dave Walker..there may be more of course but I am going with what we know for sure.

bwboy 03-30-2021 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1265877)
In the spirit of their bed hopping heyday they should just limit to to whoever has a carnal connection and that would mean having slept with each other or another band member's spouse. That would limit it to the Rumours five and the still musically active Dave Walker..there may be more of course but I am going with what we know for sure.

According to Billy’s book, your requirement would include him too, then. If this idea of Mick’s ever happens, I would love to see Rick return, as well.

BombaySapphire3 03-30-2021 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1265880)
According to Billy’s book, your requirement would include him too, then. If this idea of Mick’s ever happens, I would love to see Rick return, as well.

Thanks ..I was not even aware he had a book. I figured that there were others that would meet the criteria .:laugh:

michelej1 03-31-2021 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1265873)
At this point, he knows his best bet to make the most post-pandemic money is with the 1975-87; 1997; 2014-18 lineup. He knows that while Lindsey has made it clear he would return, there is no way he's going to join some ramshackle band made up of Bekka, Billy, Rick, Neil, Mike, and whoever else he can scam into joining it. "The power of these five people and the beautiful music we made together is just too strong a force for us to not come back one last time...we all just realized there is so much love between us that we had to play together again" and so on.

LOL. You’re right about Lindsey. He is eager for the 1975 crew, but he still makes fun of them about Pat Benatar. No way.

UnwindedDreams 03-31-2021 07:35 AM

Crowded House is touring Europe from June 2022 to July 3 2022. So should Neil be in lineup, perhaps they'd start performing in October as they've started the past 2 tours in that month.

*I know OWTS actually started with a private show in September and 2018 started at the iheartradio Festival in September

BigAl84 03-31-2021 08:51 AM

Mick Fleetwood's Junk Drawer Tour 2021....

HomerMcvie 03-31-2021 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1265902)
Mick Fleetwood's Junk Drawer Tour 2021....

Maybe the old loser should try to put together something like Ringo Starr's All Star Band?

I'm sure he's only a couple months away from his next bankruptcy.

What a loser.

David 03-31-2021 01:02 PM

Quote:

He knows that while Lindsey has made it clear he would return, there is no way he's going to join some ramshackle band made up of Bekka, Billy, Rick, Neil, Mike, and whoever else he can scam into joining it.

I just don’t see Lindsey’s wanting to participate in this sort of thing, either, Jim. He has no emotional connection with those people — when they were in the band, he was out. He shares no band heritage with them. Nor has he ever been a big cheerleader for the band in all its permutations as a historical oddity or an example of continuity. For Lindsey, the achievement and the thing to celebrate (or patch up) is the Rumours Five and the work they did over the years. All his talk about cycles and nostalgia and final chapters are for them, not the others.

jmn3 03-31-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1265914)
I just don’t see Lindsey’s wanting to participate in this sort of thing, either, Jim. He has no emotional connection with those people — when they were in the band, he was out. He shares no band heritage with them. Nor has he ever been a big cheerleader for the band in all its permutations as a historical oddity or an example of continuity. For Lindsey, the achievement and the thing to celebrate (or patch up) is the Rumours Five and the work they did over the years. All his talk about cycles and nostalgia and final chapters are for them, not the others.

I'd think the closest Lindsey would ever come at this point to cheerleading the historical aspect of Fleetwood Mac would be to do Oh Well again. I know most people tend to hate his interpretation of it, but I think it works and he does a good job of it. And even that's a stretch - he's only done it on one tour since 1982.

Imagine Lindsey sitting there strumming along to Don't Dream It's Over, Free Fallin', In the Back of My Mind, or Love is Dangerous? I just can't see it. Although after what went down, I'd never think I'd see the guy share a stage with Mick or Stevie again...so I guess if he'd consider that, maybe I'm wrong and he would be open to an all "star" version of the Mac.

anusha 03-31-2021 05:44 PM

Quote:

My only hope would be, that if Lindsey somehow figures out a way to even want to go back and stand next to that witch on stage, the days of the fake hugs and kisses are done for good. Too much was spilled about the real state of their relationship over the years and they're both in their 70's. Just go on stage, play the damn songs, and none of this trash for the stupid 'shippers' who get horny for a relationship that ended 45 years ago.

This is the truth. Part of me would want to see the Rumours 5 again, as it may very well be the last time, but the way they kicked Lindsey out and lied about it makes any kind of lovey-dovey reunion really gross to watch at this point. Lindsey always talked about the Eagles' business-only between guys who didn't like each other approach as a bad thing -- now I wish we could get that from FM. I don't know if I can stomach it. I wish I could unsee the fake romance from 1997-present anyway. Blech.

David 03-31-2021 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anusha (Post 1265924)
This is the truth. Part of me would want to see the Rumours 5 again, as it may very well be the last time, but the way they kicked Lindsey out and lied about it makes any kind of lovey-dovey reunion really gross to watch at this point. Lindsey always talked about the Eagles' business-only between guys who didn't like each other approach as a bad thing -- now I wish we could get that from FM. I don't know if I can stomach it. I wish I could unsee the fake romance from 1997-present anyway. Blech.

Anusha, it is wonderful to see you back. Do you hear from any of the old Ledge gang(s)?

bombaysaffires 03-31-2021 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1265877)

Then Rick is in.... in more ways than one

BombaySapphire3 03-31-2021 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1265932)
Then Rick is in.... in more ways than one

Stevie I suppose? I should have taken her history more into consideration before I guessed at just six people. In fact if we include everyone who also didn't happen to be in Fleetwood Mac then there may be more people on the stage than in the audience.

michelej1 03-31-2021 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1265919)

Imagine Lindsey sitting there strumming along to Don't Dream It's Over, Free Fallin', In the Back of My Mind, or Love is Dangerous?

I would drive to San Francisco and jump off of the Golden State bridge if he did.

Heck, it would be hard enough to get him to play Isn’t it Midnight.

jbrownsjr 04-01-2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1265934)
I would drive to San Francisco and jump off of the Golden State bridge if he did.

Heck, it would be hard enough to get him to play Isn’t it Midnight.

We can hold hands as we jump together. We'll sing Carnival Begin but change it to Carnival End. :cool:

bombaysaffires 04-01-2021 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1265933)
Stevie I suppose? I should have taken her history more into consideration before I guessed at just six people. In fact if we include everyone who also didn't happen to be in Fleetwood Mac then there may be more people on the stage than in the audience.

:D :wavey:

anusha 04-01-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1265925)
Anusha, it is wonderful to see you back. Do you hear from any of the old Ledge gang(s)?

It's so good to see you, David! I don't really hear from anyone. I'm friends with one or two people on Facebook, but they hardly post! (I also hardly post!) It's hard to believe it's been more than 20 years since some of us were on the old page!

Remember all the struggles to try and become the official site or find other ways to overcome the server costs? (All you whippersnappers, we had fan sites for so many things that struggled in the 90s-00s and had fundraisers because server space was crazy expensive!) It's so strange to see things that were very fringe at that time (shippers! fan fiction!) among FM fans have basically come to dominate so many fan groups.

Sociology musings aside, how many OG Ledgies are around these days? As much as I like the music from the band, somehow the last 20 years of being an FM fan have been odd -- I never would have (but should have) predicted that the band would return to their animosity and sniping, but I'm really glad that we've gotten some of the quality solo output that came out and all the bonus material that came out officially on the (many, many) reissues. All the things that were hard to come by in the old days (Tusk documentary, demos, etc.) are easy to find online now!

michelej1 04-01-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1265939)
We can hold hands as we jump together. We'll sing Carnival Begin but change it to Carnival End. :cool:

If he goes back, I would hope he only needs to kow tow until all the papers are signed. Then once they are locked into tours and bound to each other, I hope that they can enforce the one person, one vote rule again. If that is not possible and he is playing errand boy to Stevie (who makes him answer to Karen), then it turns out he didn’t really survive heart surgery after all.

UnwindedDreams 04-01-2021 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1265945)
If he goes back, I would hope he only needs to kow tow until all the papers are signed. Then once they are locked into tours and bound to each other, I hope that they can enforce the one person, one vote rule again. If that is not possible and he is playing errand boy to Stevie (who makes him answer to Karen), then it turns out he didn’t really survive heart surgery after all.

Do you think Stevie is kind of on a lonely island now with no communication with Mick or Christine?

Mick's pretty much been cross-media advocating for Lindsey to come back to Fleetwood Mac... but stating it's up to Stevie whether it happens. I imagine she's probably mad at Mick for that.

All Stevie's done lately is post a photo of her dog when it was a puppy and picture of Carrie Underwood, Bonnie Raitt, Sheryl Crow and Emmylou Harris.

button-lip 04-01-2021 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anusha (Post 1265924)

Exactly my sentiments. I'd love to see them one last time (because it surely will be the last time) but I know it'd definitely look fake, and I also won't be true to my feelings toward the band since they kicked Lindsey out in such an awful way. :distress:

button-lip 04-01-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1265946)

All Stevie's done lately is post a photo of her dog when it was a puppy and picture of Carrie Underwood, Bonnie Raitt, Sheryl Crow and Emmylou Harris.

Oh, boy, she's so ready for Geriatric Park! :nod::D

WatchChain 04-01-2021 07:51 PM

The "Behind The Mask" and "Time" eras of Fleetwood Mac are forgettable at best, and horrible and worst.

The notion of planning a Fleetwood Mac tour to include Rick Vito, Billy Burnett, Neil Finn, Mike Campbell, Bekka Bramlett, Dave Mason, Dave Walker, and Jeremy Spencer is absurd.

Can we bring along Jennie Boyd, Carole Ann Harris, Eddy Quintela, John Courage, Curry Grant, Kim Anderson and Judy Wong as official roadies? Backup singers will be Lori Perry, Sharon Celani, Jana Anderson, Elisicia Wright, Stevvi Alexander, and Marilyn Martin.

This show will be so disjointed and fragmented that the audience will need ADHD meds.

Hell, since we're on a roll, let's bring along Clifford Davis' version of "The 1974 New Fleetwood Mac" as the opening act. The acclaimed country/rock Duo Bekka and Billy featuring Robbie Patton and Sandy Stewart can alternate as the opening act on select dates.

Are we going by bus or private jet? :nod:

BombaySapphire3 04-01-2021 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1265957)
Can we bring along Jennie Boyd, Carole Ann Harris, Eddy Quintela, John Courage, Curry Grant, Kim Anderson and Judy Wong as official roadies? Backup singers will be Lori Perry, Sharon Celani, Jana Anderson, Elisicia Wright, Stevvi Alexander, and Marilyn Martin.

Well if we are bringing in deceased people why not Bob Welch ,Danny Kirwan and Fleetwood Mac's greatest guitar player Peter Green? We could even cut Bob Brunning a break:laugh: