The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Behind the mask cover (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=27579)

Villavic 06-26-2006 05:47 PM

Behind the mask cover

I know this has been discussed, about if you like it or not, but can't remember if someone found this website. It's the photographer's site. He said (just like someone mentioned) The band didn't want to appear in the cover picture, so Mick Fleetwood suggested that I create a sort of spiritual proxy band.

http://www.dgorton.com/bhndmask.html

carrie721 06-26-2006 06:17 PM

Weird ... I've never actually looked closely at the BTM cover (I don't own it), and I never realized that wasn't FM. :lol:

foxyluva 06-26-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie721
Weird ... I've never actually looked closely at the BTM cover (I don't own it), and I never realized that wasn't FM. :lol:

You don't own Behind the Mask :shocked:

carrie721 06-26-2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxyluva
You don't own Behind the Mask :shocked:

Ohhhhhhhh I know. I've been listening to it a lot lately, tho. Somebody sent me the mp3's.

Mageboy25 06-27-2006 05:11 AM

Gee wonder why it didnt sell well, and Tusk too! How fing dumb could they be!

Miss Vicky 06-27-2006 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mageboy25

Wow, that's an intelligent, rational and thoughtfully constructed contribution to the thread... :rolleyes:

David 06-27-2006 10:43 AM

Quote:

Well, possibly ... but in Tusk's case, remember that the record sleeves had pics of shapely naked women all over them, intertwined with gigantic phallic images of ivory (thanks to Peter Beard).

Villavic 06-27-2006 11:49 AM

Quote:

ACtually I like the cover, more than Tusk indeed. Tango in the night cover is another one I don't think is big deal. But most of the songs within all those albums are great.

TheWILDheart 06-27-2006 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic
ACtually I like the cover, more than Tusk indeed. Tango in the night cover is another one I don't think is big deal. But most of the songs within all those albums are great.

Oh I really like the TITN cover. I have a poster of it :). I also love the BTM cover but don't really know what it's meant to be..

foxyluva 06-27-2006 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
Wow, that's an intelligent, rational and thoughtfully constructed contribution to the thread... :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly :laugh:

I actually like the BTM cover - always wondered what it meant though....

jbrownsjr 06-27-2006 04:30 PM

Yeah I really think because of Rick and Billy, Mick didn't want the new guys on the cover. Hate to beat a dead horse but what if LB came back and we already had them on the cover of the album.!!!! gasp!!!

Villavic 06-28-2006 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
Yeah I really think because of Rick and Billy, Mick didn't want the new guys on the cover. Hate to beat a dead horse but what if LB came back and we already had them on the cover of the album.!!!! gasp!!!

With them or not in the cover.. BTM is treated like a forgotten album.. that's unfair I think.
I mean, the current lineup could sing Affairs of the heart for example. If they play Don't stop, why not AOTH??

HomerMcvie 06-28-2006 02:38 PM

Quote:

With them or not in the cover.. BTM is treated like a forgotten album.. that's unfair I think.
I mean, the current lineup could sing Affairs of the heart for example. If they play Don't stop, why not AOTH??

Surely you don't think that's a fair comparison.
DS was a big hit, has been played on the radio for 30 years!!!, and was used in a presidential campaign(the playing of which sort of resulted in FM getting back together).
Affairs of the what?:laugh: :wavey:

Villavic 06-28-2006 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Surely you don't think that's a fair comparison.
:

Ok ok, you got a point. It's not a matter of comparing songs, I just mentioned as an example of ... Hey they still sing a Christine's song when she is not in the band anymore, but never played a song from the post-rumours/non Lindsey era.

It would be interesting to hear live songs from BTM, right now Stevie's songs cause Christine is not anymore, but if she were, I would still love to hear Skies the limit or Do you know (this time duet with Lindsey)

HomerMcvie 06-28-2006 06:47 PM

Quote:

Ok ok, you got a point. It's not a matter of comparing songs, I just mentioned as an example of ... Hey they still sing a Christine's song when she is not in the band anymore, but never played a song from the post-rumours/non Lindsey era.

It would be interesting to hear live songs from BTM, right now Stevie's songs cause Christine is not anymore, but if she were, I would still love to hear Skies the limit or Do you know (this time duet with Lindsey)

Buckingham/Nicks is pretty much going to ALWAYS play the biggest hits.
This ain't about art. It's about filling seats, which has a direct correlation to their bank accounts. And they've convinced themselves that this is how to do it, by playing it safe.
Sure, WE'D like more obscure stuff. I'm not sure we could fill an arena, even once.

jbrownsjr 06-29-2006 03:17 PM

:p
Quote:

This ain't about art. It's about filling seats, which has a direct correlation to their bank accounts. And they've convinced themselves that this is how to do it, by playing it safe.
Sure, WE'D like more obscure stuff. I'm not sure we could fill an arena, even once.

thats the smartest thing you've ever said! :p

HomerMcvie 06-29-2006 06:23 PM

Quote:

:p

thats the smartest thing you've ever said! :p

Thanks Einstein!;)
At least I know how to use CAPS!:sorry:

jbrownsjr 06-30-2006 05:32 PM

Quote:

Thanks Einstein!;)
At least I know how to use CAPS!:sorry:

thats the most clever thing you've ever said...

HomerMcvie 07-01-2006 02:12 AM

Quote:

thats the most clever thing you've ever said...

Stop baiting me, beeeeeeatch!!!!!!!!!!!:p
Flattery will get you nowhere!:shrug: :laugh:

jbrownsjr 07-02-2006 04:37 PM

Quote:

Stop baiting me, beeeeeeatch!!!!!!!!!!!:p
Flattery will get you nowhere!:shrug: :laugh:

over the years, i've come to love you homie:D :xoxo:

BlackWidow 07-30-2006 08:08 PM

Quote:

yea..sure...:distress:

BlackWidow 07-30-2006 08:10 PM

Quote:

It beats playing The Howard Johnsons..which is where they would be without
Buckingham/Nicks...:D

SteveMacD 07-30-2006 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackWidow
It beats playing The Howard Johnsons..which is where they would be without
Buckingham/Nicks...:D

And, sadly, Buckingham/Nicks couldn't even get THAT gig...Let's compare notes, here. Let's see where the two entities that became one were at on Jan. 1, 1975. Fleetwood Mac had released THIRTEEN studio albums and a Greatest Hits album, had songs that were played frequently on American FM radio, and had been on US television twice with Bob Welch, and had been followed with great interest in the music community (i.e. actually got covered in Rolling Stone) during the whole Fake Mac debacle. Notable friends: George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, Bill Graham.

Buckingham Nicks had one album, got no airplay on the radio, weren't on television, and got to play a state fair in Alabama. Notable friend: Waddy Watchel.

BlackWidow 07-30-2006 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD
And, sadly, Buckingham/Nicks couldn't even get THAT gig...Let's compare notes, here. Let's see where the two entities that became one were at on Jan. 1, 1975. Fleetwood Mac had released THIRTEEN studio albums and a Greatest Hits album, had songs that were played frequently on American FM radio, and had been on US television twice with Bob Welch, and had been followed with great interest in the music community (i.e. actually got covered in Rolling Stone) during the whole Fake Mac debacle. Notable friends: George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, Bill Graham.

Buckingham Nicks had one album, got no airplay on the radio, weren't on television, and got to play a state fair in Alabama. Notable friend: Waddy Watchel.

Buckingham/Nicks is the only reason there is a Fleetwood Mac.

Villavic 07-31-2006 05:31 PM

Quote:

No no no... Buckingham/Nicks is the reason there still is a Fleetwood Mac the way it is now.

chiliD 07-31-2006 06:04 PM

Quote:

Viewpoints like this allow Facism into the White House.

BlackWidow 07-31-2006 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD
Viewpoints like this allow Facism into the White House.

..and there you are darling.

BlackWidow 07-31-2006 06:20 PM

Quote:

No no no... Buckingham/Nicks is the reason there still is a Fleetwood Mac the way it is now.

or a Fleetwood Mac PERIOD!

SteveMacD 07-31-2006 07:44 PM

Quote:

Actually, it's the other two dudes. I mean, it's named after them, they've been on ALL the albums...

Let's see, prior to 1975, Mick had been in a band with Rod Stewart, John in a band with Eric Clapton, and Christine voted best female vocalist in England. Perhaps THE biggest rock promoter in history (Bill Graham) intervened on their behalf with Warner Bros. Records. Yeah, they were total hacks with no industry contacts that weren't going anywhere, even though their music was getting radio airplay and they were playing on television. No, it was the all the pot-head Brian Wilson wannabe and the waitress at Big Boy. :rolleyes:

BlackWidow 08-02-2006 12:53 AM

Quote:

Actually, it's the other two dudes. I mean, it's named after them, they've been on ALL the albums...

Let's see, prior to 1975, Mick had been in a band with Rod Stewart, John in a band with Eric Clapton, and Christine voted best female vocalist in England. Perhaps THE biggest rock promoter in history (Bill Graham) intervened on their behalf with Warner Bros. Records. Yeah, they were total hacks with no industry contacts that weren't going anywhere, even though their music was getting radio airplay and they were playing on television. No, it was the all the pot-head Brian Wilson wannabe and the waitress at Big Boy. :rolleyes:

Like I said: No Buckingham/Nicks - No fleetwood Mac!
Fleetwood & McVie dont sing or write so...no dice!

HomerMcvie 08-02-2006 01:03 AM

Quote:

No, it was the all the pot-head Brian Wilson wannabe and the waitress at Big Boy. :rolleyes:

Gawd, I wanna buy you a beer someday!!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JazmenFlowers 08-02-2006 08:35 AM

I have often wondered what the cover was all about. when I first got it and was new to the band I sat there trying to figure out who the hell those people were...of course I realized it was just a picture...or is it?

Miss Vicky 08-02-2006 08:49 AM

Quote:

Actually, they do. Just not often.

chiliD 08-02-2006 10:27 AM

Quote:

You are so full o' ****.

JazmenFlowers 08-02-2006 10:58 AM

Quote:

You are so full o' ****.

:laugh:

I love when you get all riled up.

BlackWidow 08-02-2006 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
Actually, they do. Just not often.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BlackWidow 08-02-2006 11:18 AM

Quote:

You are so full o' ****.

:lol:
I guess we'll keep a look out for that multi platinum singer/songwriting duo
called fleetwood McVie...:lol:

HomerMcvie 08-02-2006 11:57 AM

Can someone explain to me, how the block/ignore feature is used? I'm being serious here.

JazmenFlowers 08-02-2006 11:58 AM

Quote:

Can someone explain to me, how the block/ignore feature is used? I'm being serious here.

click on the person's name, go to public profile and there's a tab near the right that says "add this person to your ignore list" or something like that.

of course, if you have me on ignore, you'd never see this message and will therefore be stuck. but then again, if you're asking for help to use it, you probably don't have me on it. god, I'm outta my head today.

HomerMcvie 08-02-2006 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
click on the person's name, go to public profile and there's a tab near the right that says "add this person to your ignore list" or something like that.

of course, if you have me on ignore, you'd never see this message and will therefore be stuck. but then again, if you're asking for help to use it, you probably don't have me on it. god, I'm outta my head today.

Thanks. Listening to someone here, is like baby-sitting a bunch of 3 year olds. It's okay for awhile, but eventually makes you want to gouge your eyes out!:woohoo: