The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New Lindsey Album Confirmed!!! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=44989)

cincymike 10-25-2010 09:36 PM

New Lindsey Album Confirmed!!!

Talked to contact and new cd confirmed. It is completed and in Mastering phase. Should be released in 3 to 6 months. I was told that a sampling of 3 songs were played from Lindsey's "dungeon" and they were all acoustic, with very little electric guitar. He is producing it (as always) and I was told one song was radio friendly. No title as of yet for the new cd. Very surprising to say the least, but he has been working on and off on it apparently for the last year or so. GREAT NEWS INDEED!!!

louielouie2000 10-25-2010 09:58 PM

Oh wow, wonderful news!! :blob2::woohoo::blob1: I can't say the acoustic concept excites me... I found Under The Skin to be a bit dull. But I'm SO proud of our boy for being so prolific the past several years!!

daniellaaarisen 10-25-2010 10:14 PM

Yeeeeesssssss!!!!!!

cincymike 10-25-2010 10:21 PM

Under The Skin was my least favorite of Lindsey's albums and that was in large part to the lack of electric guitar. I want to be clear that only three songs were sampled from the new album and they were acoustic, however that by no means indicates that the entire album is acoustic. I was told that it sounded great and Lindsey made a point to say that he could care less about making this a radio friendly album.

Nico 10-25-2010 10:33 PM

I am so happy. Can not wait! Go LB.:xoxo:

mylittledemon 10-25-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincymike (Post 917019)
Under The Skin was my least favorite of Lindsey's albums and that was in large part to the lack of electric guitar. I want to be clear that only three songs were sampled from the new album and they were acoustic, however that by no means indicates that the entire album is acoustic. I was told that it sounded great and Lindsey made a point to say that he could care less about making this a radio friendly album.

Bummer. I really enjoyed UTS. I mean, I was surprised that I liked it as much as I did.

Cammie 10-25-2010 11:54 PM

Lindsey's New Album !!!

:blob1: Great NEWS !!!! :xoxo: Thanks a million Lindsey!!!
We have some new Lindsey Love to look forward too! C.

Lindsfan 10-26-2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 917022)
Bummer. I really enjoyed UTS. I mean, I was surprised that I liked it as much as I did.

I love the songs on UTS, but I like them much better live. Lindsey always said he wanted UTS to be like a step up from just sitting down and playing for someone, but IMO it's more than just one step! I would have prefered a lot less production. Great songs, but a simpler approach would have made it a perfect album for me.

As for the NEW album...:blob2::blob1: God I hope 3 to 6 months is for real :blob1::blob2:

michelej1 10-26-2010 12:11 AM

Thrilling news. If there's an album, there will probably be a tour. We Ledgies have a lot to look forward to in 2011 and it's NEW, not a nostalgia tour.

We couldn't be luckier.

I am not excited about acoustic, but the fact is I loved UTS when it came out and SYH remains one of my Top 5 LB songs. It's just that UTS paled in comparison to GOS for me. On its own, I was happy with the Under the Skin collection, before GOS spoiled me.

I thought the UTS lyrics outstanding and I am ready to judge any new album on its own terms. I'd just be happy to get new material that that graditude outweighs all else.

Michele

DavidMn 10-26-2010 12:36 AM

Paging Pattie! :p

CreepingDeath 10-26-2010 12:49 AM

If this album is like Gift of Screws, then he needs to remedy those God-awful whispery vocals.

louielouie2000 10-26-2010 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 917034)
Thrilling news. If there's an album, there will probably be a tour. We Ledgies have a lot to look forward to in 2011 and it's NEW, not a nostalgia tour.

We couldn't be luckier.

Michele

Agreed. It seems every time Lindsey has toured this past decade I've been running low on money, and Lindsey was playing far enough away it'd require me to spend money to stay overnight somewhere. THIS TIME AROUND I WILL SEE HIM LIVE, NO EXCUSES!! :p If it means I see no other shows next year, I'll still go to see Mr Buckingham... and will travel if I must! :D God, I'm getting excited already at the thought! :]

Meowi 10-26-2010 01:11 AM

TWO albums to look forward too? :eek:

Fiver 10-26-2010 01:44 AM

This is beyond exciting! :] Hope a tour follows.

Silver Springs 10-26-2010 02:08 AM

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope he tours in England so I can go but I doubt he would :( *sniff*

holidayroad 10-26-2010 08:27 AM

I'm sure some people will want to kick me for saying this, but I'd rather have a new Fleetwood Mac album.........:sorry: Still, if he is doing a solo album because Stevie won't agree to working on a Fleetwood Mac album, I have to say.......... :thumbsup:

Say You Will 10-26-2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holidayroad (Post 917070)
I'm sure some people will want to kick me for saying this, but I'd rather have a new Fleetwood Mac album.........:sorry: Still, if he is doing a solo album because Stevie won't agree to working on a Fleetwood Mac album, I have to say.......... :thumbsup:

I think this is exactly why its happenning. Maybe they will do a FM tour and showcase their new songs!

Silver Springs 10-26-2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

I wouldn't kick you because I agree with you. But as it is, there's a dirty great question mark on there ever being another Mac album. At least with a Lindsey and Stevie album to look forward to on the horizon we have some incarnation of the band to keep us afloat.

holidayroad 10-26-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 917075)
I wouldn't kick you because I agree with you. But as it is, there's a dirty great question mark on there ever being another Mac album. At least with a Lindsey and Stevie album to look forward to on the horizon we have some incarnation of the band to keep us afloat.

I'm definitely glad there will be new albums, but I just keep hoping for more new Fleetwood Mac material. If they really think they'll never get back together, they should tell their fans.

Peestie 10-26-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

I'd rather have a Lindsey album than a FM album because I'd rather have more Lindsey than Stevie.

This is really excellent news. I take it that the album is coming out on Warner?

bucklind17 10-26-2010 11:07 AM

Unless I missed it, interesting that Lindsey didn't allude to this on the radio this morning. Though he did say he hadn't planned on recording another solo album so soon originally, so I do wonder if maybe something was discussed off-air, especially since there is apparently ten months until any FM projects get underway. I'm sure that's because of Stevie's album mostly but could leave good time for him if he's simply not confirming yet.

BTFLCHLD 10-26-2010 11:27 AM

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...SmileyTHUD.gif
could it be that my prayers have been answered?

Dowie100 10-26-2010 11:44 AM

Cannot. Wait.

I loved "Under The Skin" (his best lyrics ever imo) so really excited to hear there is an acoustic focus :D

Dodfather 10-26-2010 11:50 AM

YES! Great news! I love Under The Skin if I'm in the right mood for it and so another acoustic album is more than fine with me! Looking forward to it but I just hope he does some European dates this time for the accompanying tour - but I think I can just keep wishing!

He's been so prolific lately, it's fantastic!

Dowie100 10-26-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodfather (Post 917115)
YES! Great news! I love Under The Skin if I'm in the right mood for it and so another acoustic album is more than fine with me! Looking forward to it but I just hope he does some European dates this time for the accompanying tour - but I think I can just keep wishing!

He's been so prolific lately, it's fantastic!

Aye European dates would be great, would love to see him but could only really go if he came to Scotland which I doubt he will, mind you Fleetwood Mac came to Glasgow :)

gretchen 10-26-2010 12:25 PM

Y E S!!!!! http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/us...imated-028.gif

BTFLCHLD 10-26-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gretchen (Post 917122)

LOL
seeing him solo tour again!!!!!!!
this is going to be so f'in amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
im totally ampd! STOPDROPROLL...IM ON FIRE!!!!! ;)

bluefox4000 10-26-2010 12:38 PM

WOW:blob2::blob2: Acoustic huh. Under the Skin was a grower. I hated it at first. Love it now:thumbsup: so Another album in that vein is ok with me.

Mick

TrueFaith77 10-26-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meowi (Post 917044)
TWO albums to look forward too? :eek:

I wish it were only ONE ;)

Quote:

Totally. I blame Stevie. Then again: he apparently claims not to care if this is radio-friendly. Soooooooooooo, maybe he's getting out his left-pallette on this one (and the last two lol).

ETA: Confirmed:
http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2010/1...-new-solo.html

Quote:

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM PREPARING NEW SOLO ALBUM
After seeing a recent tweet today regarding Lindsey Buckingham working on a new album, I decided to follow up and contact RACK ATTACK RENTALS to find out if there was any truth to what they said... Turns out... that information is FACT! How cool is that!

"LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM prepares new solo album for release utilizing Apogee Converters from Rack Attack"

No information on when the planned release will be... or what direction Lindsey is heading in with his music... But it looks like Lindsey hasn't just been taking it easy since Fleetwood Mac got off the road last year... Looking forward to it!!

chazlightyear 10-26-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 917047)
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope he tours in England so I can go but I doubt he would :( *sniff*

Me too, can we bombard the record company or his website and hope that someone takes note!

Sanne2 10-26-2010 03:45 PM

But, but, but, I REALLY wanted a new FM album.................

TrueFaith77 10-26-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanne2 (Post 917155)
But, but, but, I REALLY wanted a new FM album.................

blame stevie

Silver Springs 10-26-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 917167)
blame stevie

To blame Stevie would be a bit wrong, really. She's entitled to her own career and her own music. And we all know by now that the dynamic of the band has never been perfect. It's never down to one person that the time just isn't right. I mean, if the rumours are true, then Lindsey's been just as busy. Plus he has his young family to cope with, as does Mick and John has his Daughter to give his time to. The band has far more commitment to things outside of the band than they did before.

chiliD 10-26-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 917168)
To blame Stevie would be a bit wrong, really. She's entitled to her own career and her own music. And we all know by now that the dynamic of the band has never been perfect. It's never down to one person that the time just isn't right. I mean, if the rumours are true, then Lindsey's been just as busy. Plus he has his young family to cope with, as does Mick and John has his Daughter to give his time to. The band has far more commitment to things outside of the band than they did before.

Jeez, I have "commitments to things outside" of my job, but can I just tell my boss "no I have a grandson I have to give my time to, I'll be back to work when I damn well feel like it's 'time' to". No. Get the f*** back to work people...Fleetwood Mac is your livelihood. You're either musicians or your not. If not, announce it to the world that Fleetwood Mac is once & for all DEAD, and stop torturing your fans.

Dowie100 10-26-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 917178)
Jeez, I have "commitments to things outside" of my job, but can I just tell my boss "no I have a grandson I have to give my time to, I'll be back to work when I damn well feel like it's 'time' to". No. Get the f*** back to work people...Fleetwood Mac is your livelihood. You're either musicians or your not. If not, announce it to the world that Fleetwood Mac is once & for all DEAD, and stop torturing your fans.

I may be wrong but didn't Fleetwood Mac tour last year, does that not count as work :p

Silver Springs 10-26-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Last time I checked, Fleetwood Mac wasn't a nine to five. And yes, they did tour last year. That's activity. Just because they're not releasing an album every year doesn't make them unproductive.

bucklind17 10-26-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

For what it's worth, this fan would rather have a Lindsey solo album and tour than an FM album and tour. Though that says just as much about me as them, I suppose. Either way, with Stevie already putting out an album and this news, they're both contributing to their livelihood and status as musicians.

That said, how is that Nickslive link considered a confirmation of anything? It's just a rehash of the news already out there. I would imagine if the man wanted to confirm anything at this point, he had a perfect channel with which to do so this morning and he chose not to for whatever reason.

TrueFaith77 10-26-2010 06:01 PM

When 3 people want to do a Mac album and one person doesn't, I blame that one person. She should have used Dave Stewart to get some writing done (he seems to have that affect on people, e.g., Bryan Ferry)--and then, like Ferry, take those songs to geniuses (e.g., Rhett Davies or THE MAC)--and make a great album out of it. I am only assuming, but I do assume, that Lindsey put together a solo album because he wasn't gonna twiddle his thumbs waiting and/or he had gotten some material ready for a Mac album; either way, this productivity could have been folded into the Mac as well. I feel it's our loss because they don't work with better musicians than John and Mick and because Stevie and Lindsey improve each others' songs (by virtue of their work on those songs and by virtue of their placement next to each other on one disc...and by virtue of the band's selective process for the tracklisting). PLUS, I'd rather see them on tour again than see them solo. So I blame Stevie. Others might thank her! But I agree with chili, it's time to put up or shut up with these two/four.

DID I MENTION: I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE LINDSEY ALBUM!!!???!!!????

michelej1 10-26-2010 06:29 PM

Lindsey didn't totally rule out an FM album. He said they would probably record something (although that's wishful thinking on his part. He's been saying that since the SYW tour ended). Even though he left that hope open, we know it's unlikely. If they plan to tour in 2012, and SnL are doing solo stuff in 2011, they aren't going to have time to make a new album, in the limited space in between.

He's a nut. He thinks he has more freedom with Christine gone, but he has less. If she was there and she was game for a new album, we'd have one. Stevie would follow the tide. If Mick, Lindsey and Chris were on the same page, then we'd have the other 2 in the bag. Lindsey should want Christine back (in the recording studio, I know she won't tour) more than anyone, if he wants new FM music.

Michele

Erin 10-26-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gretchen (Post 917122)

So what are the chances I won't have to wait in the pass the line line at the HOB?:lol:

I don't care what type of album it is, I'm just happy there's something from both him and Stevie.