The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Crystal Visions Transparent Edition Bundle (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55177)

michelej1 04-23-2015 12:04 PM

Crystal Visions Transparent Edition Bundle

Just got an email to buy the Transparent Vinyl Bundle of Crystal Visions. Limited Edition. It's $79.99. It's on my phone, so I can't cut and paste, right now.

michelej1 04-23-2015 12:06 PM

You get 11x17 messenger bag.

Transparent vinyl LP

Heavy stock portrait poster

Limited run 11 x 17 heavy stock portrait lithograph

WildHeart69 04-23-2015 12:21 PM

there was a thread about this somewhere already before we got this email today. I preordered 2 copies on music direct or something like that a couple weeks ago and it was pretty cheap (under 20 bucks each)

WildHeart69 04-23-2015 12:25 PM

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-321642-...ear-vinyl.aspx

is the link

BlueDenimLamp 04-23-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHeart69 (Post 1165086)
there was a thread about this somewhere already before we got this email today. I preordered 2 copies on music direct or something like that a couple weeks ago and it was pretty cheap (under 20 bucks each)

I posted about it a little while ago but it went un noticed as many thought it was a bootleg...

Well you can believe it this time...

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/...psbtsiwnlj.png

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9ohrvyzb.png

Just received the e mail from WB myself...So it's an official re issue...WB Crystal Visionslink...

Jondalar 04-23-2015 12:35 PM

Just bought it 😘

WildHeart69 04-23-2015 12:37 PM

I beleived you last time, but I have been keeping my fingers crossed that this was legit ever since I placed my order! Good catch!

BlueDenimLamp 04-23-2015 12:58 PM

Let's see how long it takes "Camp Stevie" to put this on her media sites...

BlueDenimLamp 04-23-2015 01:43 PM

Just noticed...It's a "Crystal Visions" re issue but the bag has the "24K" lettering on it...

sorcerer999 04-23-2015 02:20 PM

BLARGHHHHH!!! To buy or not to buy???

I'm wondering if this new pressing will increase or decrease the value of the original out of print version.

And clear vinyl!!! See, I'm such a vinyl "geek" that had this been in regular black vinyl I wouldn't have bothered because I own the original...but this is SPECIAL because it's clear.

I'm torn. :distress:

There's no reason to waste money and own two copies...:shrug:

...but it's CLEAR vinyl...

BlueDenimLamp 04-23-2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1165094)
Let's see how long it takes "Camp Stevie" to put this on her media sites...

Well that didn't take very long...

DauphineMarie 04-23-2015 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1165104)

I'm wondering if this new pressing will increase or decrease the value of the original out of print version.

And clear vinyl!!! See, I'm such a vinyl "geek" that had this been in regular black vinyl I wouldn't have bothered because I own the original...but this is SPECIAL because it's clear.

I'm the same way. As of now, I don't own any clear/coloured vinyl, or the original Crystal Visions CD/vinyl. I think it's worth it (?)

edit: HOLY %h!+ that's a lot of money... almost $100.. I'd almost rather wait and just buy the vinyl when/if that's ever available.. I can live without the lithograph and tote. :shrug:

Jondalar 04-23-2015 03:09 PM

Quote:

I'm poor white trash and I bought it so u should too.

BlueLight 04-23-2015 03:19 PM

This is really stressing me out. I bought the out-of-print vinyl version on ebay a few months back, for a really good price. So I don't really have a need for this. BUT the clear vinyl. And that bag!

KarmaContestant 04-23-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

This pressing may end up being more valuable because of the clear vinyl, but if it is pressed in greater quantity that the original, or if it has sound quality issues, then the original will maintain value. I'd like it of course...but I have no interest in this bundle, and I have the black vinyl already. However, for only 19.99 I may buy it from Music Direct instead, minus the litho and hand bag. I'll decide when I get back from Europe in two weeks. Definitely not paying 80 bucks for a purse and poster.

sorcerer999 04-23-2015 03:26 PM

Okay, I just discovered you can order the vinyl WITHOUT the bag and poster for $23.

That kind of makes things okay now. I couldn't care less about the "bells and whistles" so it's nice to know it's available by itself at a reasonable price.

EDIT...

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 1165117)
However, for only 19.99 I may buy it from Music Direct instead.

$20.00!!! Even better!!!

KarmaContestant 04-23-2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1165118)
Okay, I just discovered you can order the vinyl WITHOUT the bag and poster for $23.

That kind of makes things okay now. I couldn't care less about the "bells and whistles" so it's nice to know it's available by itself at a reasonable price.

EDIT...

$20.00!!! Even better!!!

The shipping options weren't *great*, so it came to $32, with FedEx 2 day.

KarmaContestant 04-23-2015 03:44 PM

An Amazon.com link as well:

http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Vision...rystal+visions

DauphineMarie 04-23-2015 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 1165119)
The shipping options weren't *great*, so it came to $32, with FedEx 2 day.

I'm glad you posted this, I didn't think to check. I got mine for the same price. :nod:

Dodfather 04-24-2015 06:41 PM

Had to order this. Bit of a present to myself! Rather than the poster though I'm more likely to buy a frame and display the LP sleeve - love that shot!

StreetAngel86 04-24-2015 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1165115)
I'm poor white trash and I bought it so u should too.

THIS :lol:
the poorer i am the more caca i buy.
buying this coz i want the BAG ... and the vinyl but mainly the BAG :D
i have the original CD release and my copy is VERY well used :D

welcomechris 04-24-2015 07:33 PM

Just pre-ordered it!! I wonder if this will chart on the Billboard Vinyl Albums Chart.

James89 04-25-2015 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcomechris (Post 1165183)
Just pre-ordered it!! I wonder if this will chart on the Billboard Vinyl Albums Chart.

The last time I checked it was at #260 on the overall Amazon album chart which is very impressive. I think that makes it currently the 5th best selling vinyl on Amazon US.

I think it will chart on the Billboard Vinyl Albums chart and we also have a new vinyl chart here in the UK so I suspect it will chart here too.

Jondalar 04-25-2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1165118)

EDIT...

$20.00!!! Even better!!!

That is sort of cheating. You are cheating Stevie out of more money. Doesn't sound like you are a true fan. 😷

sorcerer999 04-25-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1165198)
That is sort of cheating. You are cheating Stevie out of more money. Doesn't sound like you are a true fan. 😷

Are you KIDDING me?

I guess I could go without paying a bill, or eating for a week, just to spend $$ on things I won't use...but at least Stevie and all you Ledgies will know I'm a TRUE fan!

Gimme an f-ing break!!! :rolleyes:

olive 04-25-2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1165198)

a true fan would buy 10 or more to get it a higher rank on the charts

michelej1 04-25-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1165200)
Are you KIDDING me?

I guess I could go without paying a bill, or eating for a week, just to spend $$ on things I won't use...but at least Stevie and all you Ledgies will know I'm a TRUE fan!

Ha.

I know this guy with a podcast and he asks for donations. He asks people to subscribe for $1 a month or make a one time Paypal donation. But he also says that if you can't subscribe, then go to the show's reddit page and interact or just talk about the show to your friends and get other people interested who might subscribe or give it a high rating on ITunes. He says that those are ALL valuable forms of support. I believe that to be true.

Michele

twinmatrix 04-25-2015 03:07 PM

If anyone is buying this and doesn't want the bag, I'd love to buy it from you for $40 or something + shipping costs? :)

I don't have a vinyl player and I don't have space for a litho/poster, but I'd love to have an actual item I can use in daily life with Stevie's name on it...

James89 04-25-2015 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1165200)
Are you KIDDING me?

I totally agree. I personally don't need a bag or a poster and I just want the vinyl so that's what I'll buy. That shows support. You don't need to spend thousands to prove yourself to be a Stevie fan. That's just idiotic.

MoonSister75 04-26-2015 02:25 AM

Well this makes me want to buy a record player. Crystal Visions on clear vinyl with a Stevie Nicks bag ....very very nice :nod:

But I'm not going to buy a record player right now, and I don't think I'd use the bag, so I'll be giving this a miss.

:wavey:

AnthonyMI 04-26-2015 09:12 AM

Assuming this is using the old master vinyl molds that would make the original issues still more desirable from an audiophile standpoint. But if they used the original master and cut a new master mold then there should be no reason that this one would sound any different really. I own a couple clear picture disc Erythmics records and both have a bit of surface noise that is a bit distracting for being vinyl. Almost like a tape hiss. I think it is the picture later under the clear vinyls that causes it. If this is JUST vinyl though and no picture I think it should sound fine.

Jondalar 04-26-2015 10:51 AM

This thread just shows that she has lost a lot of her TRUE fan base. Sad really...

twinmatrix 04-26-2015 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1165241)
This thread just shows that she has lost a lot of her TRUE fan base. Sad really...

What defines a true fan according to you?

olive 04-26-2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1165241)

because were not suckered into buying something we already have several of Greatest hits , time space , enchanted , sound stage and crystal visions

sorcerer999 04-26-2015 03:16 PM

Jondalar, I was hoping your first post about "cheating Stevie out of money" was you just being sarcastic and funny...but now I realize you were serious.

Listen...I need MY money more than STEVIE needs my money. I would like a roof over my head and food in my belly so that I can live long enough to ENJOY and CONTINUE being a fan.

I could go on and on about what it means to be a TRUE fan of any musician, but I feel my words would be wasted on you.

No disrespect meant. We can just agree to disagree.

tothegypsy 04-26-2015 04:30 PM

I'm fairly certain they're just trolling.

Jondalar 04-26-2015 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1165257)
Jondalar, I was hoping your first post about "cheating Stevie out of money" was you just being sarcastic and funny...but now I realize you were serious.

Listen...I need MY money more than STEVIE needs my money. I would like a roof over my head and food in my belly so that I can live long enough to ENJOY and CONTINUE being a fan.

I could go on and on about what it means to be a TRUE fan of any musician, but I feel my words would be wasted on you.

No disrespect meant. We can just agree to disagree.

Your words wouldn't be wasted on me but the days of her devout fans who would buy anything is gone. She just completed two of the best solo albums of her career and it seems like her fans are wary of her. She needs true fans more than ever.... Not going to get that from what's left of her fandom 😞

MikeInNV 04-26-2015 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1165270)
Your words wouldn't be wasted on me but the days of her devout fans who would buy anything is gone. She just completed two of the best solo albums of her career and it seems like her fans are wary of her. She needs true fans more than ever.... Not going to get that from what's left of her fandom 😞

There are still plenty of devoted fans around; you can't go just by the Ledge. No artist of Stevie's age has the same legions of fans they once did, and Stevie is doing better than her contemporaries.

BlueLight 04-26-2015 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1165270)

I completely respect your opinion, but I must respectfully disagree. I view myself as a very devout fan. I was fortunate enough to see FM perform four times this tour - - but refused to spend some of the exorbitant amounts for the best seats. Many very devout fans would have loved to see them, but were unable to do so due to ticket prices or any number of other reasons. Being a devout or "true" fan has nothing to do, in my opinion, with the amount of dollars one spends on purchasing an artist's wares. I want Stevie (and all artists I admire) to succeed professionally and financially. And thankfully, Stevie remains one of the true handful of performing artists who can actually sing for a living, and make an incredibly large amount of money doing so. I will continue to support her, purchase her albums, and see her perform, but I will not pay an extra $60 for a vinyl bag and litho that I won't use. Nor will I empty my checking account just to fill her coffers. That said, I am VERY excited to have pre-ordered the clear vinyl reissue for $23, which is both a reasonable price, and a purchase I'm very excited about. :D

And regardless, I continue to be grateful for this forum, where I can connect with so many amazing, devoted fans who love Stevie's work. :thumbsup:

bombaysaffires 04-26-2015 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueLight (Post 1165274)
I completely respect your opinion, but I must respectfully disagree. I view myself as a very devout fan. I was fortunate enough to see FM perform four times this tour - - but refused to spend some of the exorbitant amounts for the best seats. Many very devout fans would have loved to see them, but were unable to do so due to ticket prices or any number of other reasons. Being a devout or "true" fan has nothing to do, in my opinion, with the amount of dollars one spends on purchasing an artist's wares. I want Stevie (and all artists I admire) to succeed professionally and financially. And thankfully, Stevie remains one of the true handful of performing artists who can actually sing for a living, and make an incredibly large amount of money doing so. I will continue to support her, purchase her albums, and see her perform, but I will not pay an extra $60 for a vinyl bag and litho that I won't use. Nor will I empty my checking account just to fill her coffers. That said, I am VERY excited to have pre-ordered the clear vinyl reissue for $23, which is both a reasonable price, and a purchase I'm very excited about. :D

And regardless, I continue to be grateful for this forum, where I can connect with so many amazing, devoted fans who love Stevie's work. :thumbsup:

well said. :nod: