The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Don't Stop Live-On With the Show! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55204)

sywlindseyfan 05-05-2015 07:33 PM

Don't Stop Live-On With the Show!

Is it just me or does it seem like Stevie's vocals need to be turned down in the mix during Don't Stop? I can't hear Chris' voice that well during the chorus, but I do hear Lindsey.

What do you think?

jbrownsjr 05-07-2015 08:34 AM

I wish she didn't sing on Don't Stop. Her voice isn't dominant in the album mix. It gets ruined for me that her voice is up in the live mix.

twinmatrix 05-07-2015 01:03 PM

Don't diss the goddess plz

ps: ditch all FM songs and play 24 Karat Gold

jbrownsjr 05-07-2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinmatrix (Post 1165765)
Don't diss the goddess plz

ps: ditch all FM songs and play 24 Karat Gold

gross.com.........

twinmatrix 05-07-2015 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1165766)
gross.com.........

I kid I kid.

jbrownsjr 05-07-2015 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinmatrix (Post 1165767)
I kid I kid.

HAHA.. me too... :D

twinmatrix 05-07-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1165768)
HAHA.. me too... :D

Fortunately I didn't fall for it. :laugh:

jbrownsjr 05-07-2015 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinmatrix (Post 1165771)
Fortunately I didn't fall for it. :laugh:

My hats off to you! I get a lot of crap...

Mostly brought on by myself... ;-)

I don't take it that seriously. Says the man with 6500 posts. lol

Hawkeye 05-07-2015 02:22 PM

I feel Don't Stop is the 4th best song in the set this year behind Sisters GDW and So Afraid. And that's saying a lot because I really can't stand the song usually especially the studio version, so I really don't care if the choruses don't sound like the studio version, not really caring for it. Stevie's extra presence doesn't add or subtract from the song it's just there. The reason I think it's such a great song live is it's up such an instrumental high point especially for Christine at the end.it almost reminds of the versions from the lat tusk and mirage tours.

jbrownsjr 05-07-2015 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye (Post 1165776)
I feel Don't Stop is the 4th best song in the set this year behind Sisters GDW and So Afraid. And that's saying a lot because I really can't stand the song usually especially the studio version, so I really don't care if the choruses don't sound like the studio version, not really caring for it. Stevie's extra presence doesn't add or subtract from the song it's just there. The reason I think it's such a great song live is it's up such an instrumental high point especially for Christine at the end.it almost reminds of the versions from the lat tusk and mirage tours.

I agree with all of this, except I didn't care for Sisters, and during Mirage tour it was my all time favorite song. I love GDW live and So Afraid and LIttle Lies surprisingly was awesome. Better than the Tango Cage Tour.

HomerMcvie 05-08-2015 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1165795)
I agree with all of this, except I didn't care for Sisters, and during Mirage tour it was my all time favorite song. I love GDW live and So Afraid and LIttle Lies surprisingly was awesome. Better than the Tango Cage Tour.

Everyone I know is hating on SOTM, and it was one of the highlights of the show for me. I love that song.

I wish the old goat would go for the "A" in the chorus....because she can hit the A in GDW, but she still won't try for it(the A) on SOTM.

Lames.

johnnystorms 05-08-2015 04:34 AM

is there a chorus?

in SOTM? to me, it seems like a string of verses with musical interludes , then the bridge... am I mistaken?

twinmatrix 05-08-2015 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1165800)
Everyone I know is hating on SOTM, and it was one of the highlights of the show for me. I love that song.

I wish the old goat would go for the "A" in the chorus....because she can hit the A in GDW, but she still won't try for it(the A) on SOTM.

Lames.

Sisters of the Moon has a chorus?!

FuzzyPlum 05-08-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1165800)

Lames.

Out of interest- you seem to pretty much hate 2/3 of the creative members of this band. Why the hell do you actually go to their concerts? Is this some form of self-torture.

jbrownsjr 05-08-2015 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1165812)
Out of interest- you seem to pretty much hate 2/3 of the creative members of this band. Why the hell do you actually go to their concerts? Is this some form of self-torture.

Because he loves Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac was around long before she came into the band. Still, he loves a lot of Stevie's music, (even solo). We've grown up with it.

Further, he doesn't hate Stevie, just the way she acts , her bouts of pretension, and the way some of her fans act.

Finally, this is not a message board for everyone to honk and schill for the band. Opposing opinions and negative discussion are welcome, which is why I love coming here. This isn't Nazi Germany and Stevie ain't the fuhrer.

And Homer, if you ever stop making fun of Stevie, I'll come to Indiana and beat you.

jbrownsjr 05-08-2015 01:10 PM

Having said that, if any of you and I mean any of you, make fun of Christine, heads will roll!!!:laugh::laugh:

FuzzyPlum 05-08-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1165816)
Because he loves Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac was around long before she came into the band. Still, he loves a lot of Stevie's music, (even solo). We've grown up with it.

Further, he doesn't hate Stevie, just the way she acts , her bouts of pretension, and the way some of her fans act.

Finally, this is not a message board for everyone to honk and schill for the band. Opposing opinions and negative discussion are welcome, which is why I love coming here. This isn't Nazi Germany and Stevie ain't the fuhrer.

And Homer, if you ever stop making fun of Stevie, I'll come to Indiana and beat you.

Give me a break. I'm fully aware Fleetwood Mac was around for a while before Stevie and Lindsey came into the band...but not that long. Fair enough, 8 years and high output in that relatively short period of time. But that's nothing compared to 40 years (off and on). That's long enough to decide- 'You know what, this isn't the band it was, I no longer like 2/3 of the creative minds, perhaps its not for me anymore'. I am not personally a huge Stevie fan (which is why I rarely post in the Stevie forum) and I too dislike her self-centered nature. I am however grown up enough to let it be and get on with life rather than have a rude dig at every opportunity on a fan forum. There's a difference between having an opinion and being outright offensive all the time. To even mention Nazi Germany FFS, grow up man!

jbrownsjr 05-08-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1165819)
Give me a break. I'm fully aware Fleetwood Mac was around for a while before Stevie and Lindsey came into the band...but not that long. Fair enough, 8 years and high output in that relatively short period of time. But that's nothing compared to 40 years (off and on). That's long enough to decide- 'You know what, this isn't the band it was, I no longer like 2/3 of the creative minds, perhaps its not for me anymore'. I am not personally a huge Stevie fan (which is why I rarely post in the Stevie forum) and I too dislike her self-centered nature. I am however grown up enough to let it be and get on with life rather than have a rude dig at every opportunity on a fan forum. There's a difference between having an opinion and being outright offensive all the time. To even mention Nazi Germany FFS, grow up man!

I don't want to grow up, it's boring. But again, he has just as much right to his opinion as you do. It's not offensive to me. I find his Stevie jokes funny.

If you feel that's grown or not is up to you. But let the rest of us have our say. As far as the Nazi Germany joke, it was from a George Carlin bit.. I apologize if you're offended. It was sarcastic for affect. :rolleyes:

FuzzyPlum 05-08-2015 02:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1165820)
I don't want to grow up, it's boring. But again, he has just as much right to his opinion as you do. It's not offensive to me. I find his Stevie jokes funny.

If you feel that's grown or not is up to you. But let the rest of us have our say. As far as the Nazi Germany joke, it was from a George Carlin bit.. I apologize if you're offended. It was sarcastic for affect. :rolleyes:

I'm sure what George Carlin said was hilarious in context. I have no idea who he is though. Nothing wrong with freedom of speech, there is something wrong with deliberately inciting people for the sake of it. There are far too many wackos out there who troll celebrity fan sites.

HomerMcvie 05-08-2015 02:23 PM

Quote:

I :xoxo:you John!!!
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...heepstevie.jpg

jbrownsjr 05-08-2015 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1165821)
I'm sure what George Carlin said was hilarious in context. I have no idea who he is though. Nothing wrong with freedom of speech, there is something wrong with deliberately inciting people for the sake of it. There are far too many wackos out there who troll celebrity fan sites.

To be clear, I like your post and contributions. I hope this doesn't sour you on our relationship. Feel free to call me out, anytime. :)

FuzzyPlum 05-08-2015 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1165822)

SOME POSTING POINTERS

...In general, the main "rule" for posting on The Ledge is the Golden rule--"do unto others..." An attitude of respect toward each other and the members of Fleetwood Mac should be maintained always.

jbrownsjr 05-08-2015 02:57 PM

The day I can't come on this board and criticize or poke fun at any of the many members of FMac, is a sad day for me. Life is not that serious. Have some fun. Stevie even said herself that she thought the goat joke was funny.

michelej1 05-08-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1165824)
SOME POSTING POINTERS

...In general, the main "rule" for posting on The Ledge is the Golden rule--"do unto others..." An attitude of respect toward each other and the members of Fleetwood Mac should be maintained always.

That's not true. People should respect the people posting on the Ledge. There is no requirement to respect members of Fleetwood Mac, particularly not in this forum. If someone goes down into the Stevie forum and posts goat photos, I would consider that trolling and that's a different story.

Perhaps, it is not a "fan" forum. Maybe it's just a discussion forum. Fans might not feel comfortable here all of the time.

Michele

michelej1 05-08-2015 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1165825)
The day I can't come on this board and criticize or poke fun at any of the many members of FMac, is a sad day for me. Life is not that serious. Have some fun. Stevie even said herself that she thought the goat joke was funny.

Stevie said at the end of the day she was flattered by that South Park episode -- which is not to say that she wants to hear she sings like a goat. But she said that the fact that they went to rescue her in that episode proved that they thought her important and she felt it was a hoot.

Michele

FuzzyPlum 05-08-2015 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1165826)
That's not true. People should respect the people posting on the Ledge. There is no requirement to respect members of Fleetwood Mac, particularly not in this forum. If someone goes down into the Stevie forum and posts goat photos, I would consider that trolling and that's a different story.

Michele

Then perhaps you should amend the wording on the 'What are the rules for The Ledge'.
I've only copied and pasted directly!

jbrownsjr 05-08-2015 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1165827)
Stevie said at the end of the day she was flattered by that South Park episode -- which is not to say that she wants to hear she sings like a goat. But she said that the fact that they went to rescue her in that episode proved that they thought her important and she felt it was a hoot.

Michele

Thanks for clarifying. I was going to dig the article out, but I've been so busy with house chores.

I'm a huge Tori Amos fan and my ex used to make fun of me because he said Stevie and Tori both sounded like a goat sometimes. He (my ex) was a singer. And I used to tell him, "Hey, those goat voices have brought them a lot of fans and a lot farther than he ever climbed." But, at the end of the day, he was right there with me at both FMac and Tori concerts.

michelej1 05-08-2015 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1165830)
Thanks for clarifying. I was going to dig the article out, but I've been so busy with house chores.

Here's an interview where it came up:

Quote:

KBCO: I was wondering if you had seen the episode of the animated series South Park where they used 'Landslide' recently.

STEVIE: I haven't seen it, but I okayed it. They called me and asked me. It was going into production the next day, and I was in London doing press. You know, I like South Park, and I like the two guys that do it. I think they're really funny and I think that they're relevant. You know, they already did an episode kind of about me a long time ago, and I got kidnapped by the Afghanistan people and they sent the army in to get me. Yes, I was a little goat in a cape. But who cares? It was hysterical. The fact is, they sent the whole army in to get me.

elle 05-08-2015 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1165812)

:confused:

he loves Christine and her [FM] songs and the only way to hear and experience them is going to FM show?

HomerMcvie 05-09-2015 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1165841)
:confused:

he loves Christine and her [FM] songs and the only way to hear and experience them is going to FM show?

Thanks. I REALLY like Lindsey, too. And love John!!! Mick's an idiot, but he means well.

Stevie's just Stevie. In the past few years, she's gotten all full of herself, but the people that love her, REALLY LOVE HER. Good for her, but don't expect me to pretend to worship her. I WILL state my opinion, and even poke fun at her. Get over your hypersensitivity!
This ain't YOUR world, and others have opinions that differ from yours. Sorry to burst your bubble!
I WISH I could remember who made that sheep pic that I posted, but I don't. I've had it for close to 10 years. I didn't make this gif either...
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...razystevie.gif

HomerMcvie 05-09-2015 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1165826)

Perhaps, it is not a "fan" forum. Maybe it's just a discussion forum. Fans might not feel comfortable here all of the time.

Michele

Thank you, Michele.

FuzzyPlum 05-09-2015 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1165848)
Thanks. I REALLY like Lindsey, too.

I'm sure you do in some way. Paradoxically though you also feel he's a c**t.
How lovely.

HomerMcvie 05-09-2015 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1165853)
I'm sure you do in some way. Paradoxically though you also feel he's a c**t.
How lovely.

Why don't you make the rules that you want to live by, follow them stringently, and realize that I don't give ONE IOTA of care, as to how you live your life, or what you think.

Have a good day! :wavey:

Macfan4life 05-09-2015 12:11 PM

Let me bring this thread back to the original meaning :eek:

Many moons ago I would have agreed with the OP. I don't care to hear Stevie's voice on Don't Stop on the 1980 live album. However, I got to see the Mac first when Lindsey left in 1987 and 1990. Stevie's contribution to the song was great since it sounded familiar with someone else on lead vocal. After time, I got so used to her singing it that it sounds fine.
Don't Stop is a sing along song. They can just about bring anyone on stage to sing along and it would sound fine. The BIGGEST voice in Don't Stop is Chris. Without her, the song sounds like a cover band :eek:

FuzzyPlum 05-09-2015 12:41 PM

I haven't yet experienced it live in person on this tour but I was at the 2013 London show. Though it immediately sounded great I do recall thinking that maybe Stevie was overpowering and taking some of the limelight away from Christine. In the context of a full show though it seems to work really well. Its the ideal encore arrangement as they all make a significant contribution especially as Christine really shines when twinkling the keys towards the end.

sywlindseyfan 05-09-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1165865)
I haven't yet experienced it live in person on this tour but I was at the 2013 London show. Though it immediately sounded great I do recall thinking that maybe Stevie was overpowering and taking some of the limelight away from Christine. In the context of a full show though it seems to work really well. Its the ideal encore arrangement as they all make a significant contribution especially as Christine really shines when twinkling the keys towards the end.

WoW! I went away to do some work this week and came back to this whole bullying fiasco! All I asked was about Don't Stop performance people! Anyway, I guess it's great to have a discussion.

FuzzyPlum, I agree, I do love Stevie's vocals and it is a great anthem at the end of a very long set list. It's up beat and Chris' voice is back in that line-up. I like the mix on Say You Love Me in this show, I think their voices are more balanced on that song.

PenguinHead 05-10-2015 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1165821)

Hi FuzzyPlum! Off topic: George Carlin was/is a highly respected legendary comic and commentator. You should take a little time and get to know him.;)

michelej1 05-10-2015 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1165886)
Hi FuzzyPlum! Off topic: George Carlin was/is a highly respected legendary comic and commentator. You should take a little time and get to know him.;)

Indeed, commentator as much as comedian. The Seven Dirty Words routine spearheaded a long-running tv censorship discussion. In fact, it's still cited today whenever FCC issues come up -- as it was when the Janet Jackson "wardrobe malfunction" penalties were being debated.

Michele

HomerMcvie 05-10-2015 03:02 AM

I met George Carlin backstage in a theater, probably 25 years ago. He was very friendly, and completely approachable. He actually came up to me, and struck up a short conversation. He was a very down to Earth guy, from what I saw.

PenguinHead 05-10-2015 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1165888)
I met George Carlin backstage in a theater, probably 25 years ago. He was very friendly, and completely approachable. He actually came up to me, and struck up a short conversation. He was a very down to Earth guy, from what I saw.

I got to see him perform at the show in Boston. I can't exactly remember when...sometime in the early eighties. I recently went on a Carlin binge on YouTube. There are numerous TV and stage appearances. It reminded me of how smart and brilliant he was. He was well-spoken and funny, underlined by an immense intellect. I can't think of anyone today that comes close to how he articulated his thoughts addressing social issues, politics and human nature. He was very special and very missed.