The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   "Cast Away Dreams" tabs (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=31496)

MiniLindsey 02-26-2007 04:39 PM

"Cast Away Dreams" tabs

This song is in open G tuning (D-G-D-G-B-D), but is tuned down a half-step for the studio version and up a half-step for the live version. The lowest string isn't used in this as far as I know. Enjoy!

G: x00000
Em: x99980
Am: x22210
C: x55555
D: x77777
Bm: x44430
A: x22222

Verse:

(G) (Em) Holy light
(Am) Visionary sight
(C) There's been a change in (D) plans
(G) (Em) Going away
(Am) No I cannot stay
(Bm) I hope you'll (C) under (G) stand

Chorus:

(G) I won't (Bm) be (Em) home (Bm) to (Em) night
(Am) I'll (G) just (Bm) slip (Am) out (G) of (C) sight
(Am) Lay (Em) down (Bm) my (Am) vision (Em) ary (C) eyes
(G) Dancing on my (C) cast away (D) dreams
(G) Keep your (Bm) self (Em) out (Bm) of (Em) sight
(Am) Fare (G) well (Bm) to the (Am) wishes (G) that (C) died
(Am) Look for (Em) me (Bm) in the (Am) mor (Em) ning (C) light
(G) Dancing on my (C) cast away (G) dreams

Bridge:

(D) It would do no (G) good
(D) To drown in the (G) sea
(D) Where no one re (G) members their name
And nothing but (A) nothing is (D) free

Peestie 02-26-2007 04:57 PM

That's more or less exactly what way I play it as well. Though I use xx2002 as the Em chord, since that's how Lindsey seemed to do it in the Pabst DVD.

Cheers.

#1LiddyBuckFan 02-26-2007 05:32 PM

Sweet! Thanks! :)

MiniLindsey 02-26-2007 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peestie (Post 654299)
That's more or less exactly what way I play it as well. Though I use xx2002 as the Em chord, since that's how Lindsey seemed to do it in the Pabst DVD.

Cheers.

The chords I put here are what Lindsey is playing on the album version. The live version has 2 or 3 guitars all playing at the same time, so things may be a bit different. It's all open to creative interpretation though. I happen to prefer to play it in Open E with a capo on the second fret, and just move the chord shapes down one string and have the 2 highest strings ringing out. It really depends on what you think works best.

Peestie 02-26-2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniLindsey (Post 654403)
The chords I put here are what Lindsey is playing on the album version. The live version has 2 or 3 guitars all playing at the same time, so things may be a bit different. It's all open to creative interpretation though. I happen to prefer to play it in Open E with a capo on the second fret, and just move the chord shapes down one string and have the 2 highest strings ringing out. It really depends on what you think works best.

Oh yeah, I know that isn't how the studio version goes. I spent ages listening to it with "Transcribe!" because I'm a bit of a stickler about figuring out exactly what's being played, but I just find it fast/easier than having to shift the whole way up the neck when playing it, especially during the chorus. I tend to play it in Open G most of the time since that's what my guitar is in most of the time and it's still within my vocal range to sing, so I don't have to retune up or down 1/2 a step each time I want to play it.

#1LiddyBuckFan 02-27-2007 11:44 AM

I know this was posted somewhere on here before...I think. Where can I find more Lindsey tabs/chords for UTS?? :cool:

BTFLCHLD 02-27-2007 12:09 PM

If you would like I can post what was displayed in the recent acoustic guitar magazine. But, that will have to be tomorrow. Let me know.

Peestie 02-27-2007 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan (Post 654833)
I know this was posted somewhere on here before...I think. Where can I find more Lindsey tabs/chords for UTS?? :cool:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=29365. They're in PowerTab though, so you'll have to download it. I'll maybe get round to doing out just the chords for them soon.

#1LiddyBuckFan 02-27-2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peestie (Post 654853)
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=29365. They're in PowerTab though, so you'll have to download it. I'll maybe get round to doing out just the chords for them soon.

Thanks Peetsie!!

#1LiddyBuckFan 02-27-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD (Post 654851)
If you would like I can post what was displayed in the recent acoustic guitar magazine. But, that will have to be tomorrow. Let me know.

I do have the recent acoustic magazine, so there's no need unless someone else wants it! :wavey: Thanks for the offer though! :D

BTFLCHLD 02-27-2007 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan (Post 654872)
:wavey: Thanks for the offer though! :D

OK...but you now owe me for the offer...I will send you a PM. :lol:

#1LiddyBuckFan 02-27-2007 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD (Post 654887)
OK...but you now owe me for the offer...I will send you a PM. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MiniLindsey 02-27-2007 02:56 PM

I'd like the tabs from the magazine. I'm sure I could figure out whatever song it is on my own anyway (I haven't worked on much stuff from UTS), but I'd still like to see it.

BTFLCHLD 02-27-2007 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniLindsey (Post 654993)
I'd still like to see it.

I do not have the magazine in front of me, so I am not sure and do not recall what is displayed....but I am happy to scan for you and post tomorrow. :wavey:

MiniLindsey 03-01-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD (Post 655002)
I do not have the magazine in front of me, so I am not sure and do not recall what is displayed....but I am happy to scan for you and post tomorrow. :wavey:

You still have it?