The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   "Has Anyone" -- home ledgie recording (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=24197)

David 11-26-2005 11:48 PM

"Has Anyone" -- home ledgie recording

Mikki (heyjupiter) & I are working on some songs together, even though we live thousands of miles apart. After I heard Mikki sing "That's Alright" I thought, I want to work on some Stevie songs with her, so we e-mailed & said FECK YEAH!! It's just for fun. So the first one I did was some piano for "Has Anyone," which I sent to her & she recorded a lead vocal & sent it back. I wish we had some good taping equipment, but we don't. So these will be our "demos" for the next CD of ledgie recordings compiled by Jason.

http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2K...L0V3ZAN87E6QCZ

I told Mikki she has to join a band because she's so damn good, but her problem is that in her area the only musicians are Southern rock & honky-tonk country. Imagine Mikki doing something like a really hot, multipiece Kate Bush tribute band. . . . I get chills thinking of her singing "Nocturne," "Never Be Mine" or "Aerial."

I encourage others to post their songs (many have already) -- it's more fun than talking about the costumes for the Gold Dust Tour!

goldustsongbird 11-27-2005 12:05 AM

I'll be honest-- I've never liked this song (I know, I know, mortal sin), but this is really lovely. You don't want to hear my home recordings, LOL. I enjoyed this! Mikki, your voice is awesome. Excellent piano work, too. :thumbsup:

ragandbone 11-27-2005 01:17 AM

Well it's just beautiful! Lovely piano and keyboard work David, and Mikki, you have definitely made the song your own! I especially like the ending. The vocal was a little low in the mix when I listened through my system - just a little.
I am glad you guys did this. After the little flurry of posts on "Insider" and the Gold Dust Project stuff I have hear, and the tracks on the Lindsey forum, I had hoped people would start collaborating. I have not yet heard Mikki's "That's Alright, though, :(
Thanks for posting it. I can't wait to hear your next collaboration!

I would love to post more songs, but I am afraid that my band members are not so into doing any coves of FM or Stevie Nicks. I have convinced the guitar player to do "That's Alright" but I am not likely to post that-once we have it worked out-after hearing the raves over Mikki's.

GypsySorcerer 11-27-2005 01:36 AM

Beautiful job, David and Mikki. Mikki, the tone of your voice makes me a little teary-eyed...but in a good way. Great job on the ivories, David. Makes me wish I hadn't given up on piano.

golden braid 11-27-2005 12:44 PM

What a pretty version of this song! I love both the piano and vocals. Thanks for sharing. :nod:

HomerMcvie 11-27-2005 01:32 PM

Excellent work, both of you.
Mikki, you NEED to do something musically. Now.

gldstwmn 11-27-2005 01:36 PM

This is lovely. You both have a wonderful gift.

JazmenFlowers 11-27-2005 01:59 PM

very nice - I'll try to post my version of this song

DavidMn 11-27-2005 04:38 PM

That was really nice to listen to David, thank you.:nod:

Dark Angel 11-27-2005 11:21 PM

Absolutely beautiful! You two did a great job on this. :nod: Mikki, your voice is so hauntingly beautiful on this. I love it.

Livia 11-28-2005 12:08 AM

Beautiful!! :nod:

Serrart 11-28-2005 07:17 PM

It's beautiful, simple and effective arrangement, and Mikki was able to give a very personal and haunting version of the song, interpreting it with a very contemporary and involving feeling. Great work!

Romy

BTFLCHLD 11-28-2005 07:24 PM

love this :nod:
thanks for posting

Serendipity 11-28-2005 07:28 PM

Just beautiful...you're both very talented. Thanks for sharing!

~Nicki

sara1998 11-28-2005 09:07 PM

Wonderfully done.