The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Nickel Creek cover The Ledge: Video (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53955)

Dodfather 07-25-2014 05:02 PM

Nickel Creek cover The Ledge: Video

Hi guys

After reading about this in the other thread, I found a really good quality video of the whole performance. I'm a big fan of Nickel Creek and also Sara and Sean's solo work so this is just perfect for me! Now they just got even cooler. One of the best and definitely the most unexpected Fleetwood Mac covers I've ever heard. Talk about an obscure choice!

michelej1 07-25-2014 05:12 PM

FM should perform this. It's short enough that even if the crowd doesn't like it, it will be over before they can run out of the arena.

I love the Tusk rehearsals.

Michele

shackin'up 07-27-2014 11:59 AM

A fabulous cover. Especially the vocalblend, perfect in its anarchy. I bet Lindsey would like this one.

Sara played on some Decemberists tour didn't she? She provided great contributions on that tour! Interesting band, Thanks!

BLY 07-27-2014 12:07 PM

Love the song
Love Nickel Creek
Love their version of The Ledge
....and I agree the MAC should do this in concert for the diehards, it's short enough for the "Greatest Hits Fans"

FuzzyPlum 07-27-2014 02:02 PM

Wow, this is good. I have a whole new appreciation for this song now.

sanders8323 07-27-2014 04:47 PM

I like the fresh take they did on it, except for the fact that either some of the lyrics are wrong, or I'm not hearing them correctly. It sounds like they're singing another word besides "love" in the line, "You can love me baby, but you can't walk out."

Bandon 07-27-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1135546)
Wow, this is good. I have a whole new appreciation for this song now.

Great cover. Like most Lindsey songs on Tusk...good songs but were intentionally too quirked put for my taste except IDWK and Tusk. Would love to hear a fresh take on That's Enough for Me and What Makes You Think You're the One.

MikeVielhaber 07-27-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandon (Post 1135572)
Great cover. Like most Lindsey songs on Tusk...good songs but were intentionally too quirked put for my taste except IDWK and Tusk. Would love to hear a fresh take on That's Enough for Me and What Makes You Think You're the One.

What is IDWK?

Bandon 07-27-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber (Post 1135576)
What is IDWK?

Ooops I was working on a project and posting at the same time. I meant "I Know I'm Not Wrong." :nod:

MoonSister75 07-28-2014 02:08 AM

^^^ This is a wonderful cover - thanks for finding and posting it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1135314)
FM should perform this. It's short enough that even if the crowd doesn't like it, it will be over before they can run out of the arena.

I love the Tusk rehearsals.

Michele

I would love to hear The Ledge on the tour, with Christine on guitar ;) I was thinking as an opener but that might not work :shocked: I love the Tusk rehearsals too.

WatchChain 07-28-2014 09:48 AM

I LOVE this !!! It's wonderful when younger bands show an appreciation for the songs that make up the classic "Tusk". I consider "Tusk" to be the greatest Fleetwood Mac album ever made.

pattyfan 07-28-2014 10:33 AM

LOVE!!!

Kevin

PenguinHead 07-28-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1135610)
I LOVE this !!! It's wonderful when younger bands show an appreciation for the songs that make up the classic "Tusk". I consider "Tusk" to be the greatest Fleetwood Mac album ever made.

What I find very interesting is, through the years, all the bands/artists that have shown or expressed reverence for Fleetwood Mac come from a very diverse palate of musical styles.
It appears that the band has a universal appeal. That is so cool!

shackin'up 07-28-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1135610)

Absolutely. I even consider Tusk to be the greatest album ever made.

WildHearted 07-28-2014 07:17 PM

This is one of my favorite songs on Tusk. I like this cover of it, they did their own spin on it but did it justice regardless.