The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   The Early Years (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Petition to Induct Dave Walker (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=51190)

chriskisn 12-28-2012 08:40 PM

Petition to Induct Dave Walker

Not my petition (should have thought of it though) but obviously one that I fully support. We have had petitions over the years for Billy Burnette and Bob Welch so now it is time to sign the petition to induct "The Voice"!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/563/2...onnect&fb_id=0

Sadly I'm sure it is destined to be as unsuccessful as previous petitions, but I still urge you to sign!

wetcamelfood 12-28-2012 09:36 PM

As I'm sure you figured I would Chris, I've signed but I'm not feeling optimistic about this (though, as I always like to do in these instances, I feel good now I've gone through the process so I won't always think after "maybe if I'd have signed, it might've made a difference (etc.)"). Fingers crossed though. :)

John

EDIT: Hmm, I came out twice, don't know how that can happen but we'll take any votes we can get on this I guess. :)

nailatixela 12-28-2012 09:52 PM

Only if they close every set with "The Derelict" :thumbsup:

chriskisn 12-29-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailatixela (Post 1070892)
Only if they close every set with "The Derelict" :thumbsup:

I can only wish!!!!

chriskisn 12-29-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wetcamelfood (Post 1070891)
As I'm sure you figured I would Chris, I've signed but I'm not feeling optimistic about this (though, as I always like to do in these instances, I feel good now I've gone through the process so I won't always think after "maybe if I'd have signed, it might've made a difference (etc.)"). Fingers crossed though. :)

John

EDIT: Hmm, I came out twice, don't know how that can happen but we'll take any votes we can get on this I guess. :)

Yes I thought you might be the only one to appreciate this John!

HomerMcvie 12-29-2012 06:10 PM

If we can't get Bob Welch inducted, this is an exercise in futility. :sorry:

MacShadowsBall 12-29-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1070957)
If we can't get Bob Welch inducted, this is an exercise in futility. :sorry:

I agree, too. If any other Mac members deserves inducting, Bob Welch is that person.

Doesn't hurt to try, though. :cool:

chriskisn 12-30-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 1070962)
I agree, too. If any other Mac members deserves inducting, Bob Welch is that person.

Doesn't hurt to try, though. :cool:

Let us be honest, there are several who should be inducted:
  1. Bob Brunning
  2. Bob Welch
  3. Dave Walker
  4. Bob Weston
  5. Billy Burnette
  6. Rick Vito
  7. Bekka Bramlett
  8. Dave Mason

Oh yeah, half the damn band!

HomerMcvie 12-30-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 1070986)
Let us be honest, there are several who should be inducted:
  1. Bob Brunning
  2. Bob Welch
  3. Dave Walker
  4. Bob Weston
  5. Billy Burnette
  6. Rick Vito
  7. Bekka Bramlett
  8. Dave Mason

Oh yeah, half the damn band!

I disagree. Because not everyone played a pivotal role in the band's history. Brunning, Walker, Mason, and Bramlett(and I'm a HUGE Bekka fan) really didn't. They were only members during quick transitions. I probably wouldn't include Weston either, save for the fact that he was the guitarist on their best record! But Welch, Burnette, and Vito should definitely be inducted(in that order of importance).

chriskisn 12-30-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1071011)
I disagree. Because not everyone played a pivotal role in the band's history. Brunning, Walker, Mason, and Bramlett(and I'm a HUGE Bekka fan) really didn't. They were only members during quick transitions. I probably wouldn't include Weston either, save for the fact that he was the guitarist on their best record! But Welch, Burnette, and Vito should definitely be inducted(in that order of importance).

Interesting that you think that Brunning has no pivotal role although he was a founding member?

damianip 12-31-2012 12:04 AM

I would definitely include Bob Weston, if for no other reasons than his playing talent and the way it really fleshed out the songs on Penguin and MtM.

If not for that unfortunate "entanglement" in 1974 who knows what would have happened.

What if he and Welch stayed? That seemed to be a nicely evolving musical partnership, and clearly the LP following his departure was not up to the standards set by MtM.

What if Welch had left and Weston stayed? A Weston/Buckingham guitar teaming might have yielded some great stuff (maybe not, but I imagine that if it would have worked, it would have worked VERY well).

chiliD 12-31-2012 01:29 AM

I think it's just appalling that the HoF can just basically pick & choose who from a band is inducted or not. I tend to lean toward Jerry Garcia's attitude (in more ways than one) that either the ENTIRE band membership is inducted or the band isn't inducted at all.

It's ludicrous that Donna Jean Godchaux is inducted into the R&RHoF, yet Bob Welch, Rick Vito & Billy Burnette are NOT! The HoF induction committee is just a bunch of pompous mother f***ers.

SteveMacD 12-31-2012 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 1071091)
Interesting that you think that Brunning has no pivotal role although he was a founding member?

ONLY because McVie wouldn't join. The band was called Fleetwood Mac as a way to con McVie into quitting Mayall. Brunning wasn't a founding member so much as he was a temp.

Anyway, it could be argued that the recording session Mayall gave Green, where Green, Mick, and John recorded the song "Fleetwood Mac" was the actual birth of the band.

HomerMcvie 12-31-2012 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1071122)
ONLY because McVie wouldn't join. The band was called Fleetwood Mac as a way to con McVie into quitting Mayall. Brunning wasn't a founding member so much as he was a temp.

Anyway, it could be argued that the recording session Mayall gave Green, where Green, Mick, and John recorded the song "Fleetwood Mac" was the actual birth of the band.

Thanks, Steve. It seems like those of us that have been in the FM community for a long time.....

Eh, it's not worth getting feathers up, arguing about it.:rolleyes:

HomerMcvie 12-31-2012 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 1071091)

See Steve's comment. He was only a temporary leg, until John could be coerced into joining.