The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rick Vito’s new album (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=60225)

bwboy 01-13-2024 01:26 PM

Rick Vito’s new album

Rick Vito’s new album will be out March 22, 2024! It’s called Cadillac Man and features 11 new songs, plus an instrumental remake of Sam Cooke’s “Just Another Day.”

It’s also nice to see Rick will be back on the road touring for this album. Maybe folks can put tour dates here as they come up?

BLY 01-13-2024 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1291365)
Rick Vito’s new album will be out March 22, 2024! It’s called Cadillac Man and features 11 new songs, plus an instrumental remake of Sam Cooke’s “Just Another Day.”

It’s also nice to see Rick will be back on the road touring for this album. Maybe folks can put tour dates here as they come up?

Thanks for posting this. I have all his albums, they’re all great!

vermicious knid 01-13-2024 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1291368)
Thanks for posting this. I have all his albums, they’re all great!

I was actually wondering if there were any Rick Vito completists. I have the first two. I like the first one, King of Hearts, a lot. The sound of the production is really nice, with some catchy and well-constructed songs. As much as I like it, though, I wish it didn't exist! Simply because there should have been a second album by the Behind the Mask lineup, in 1992. When I listen to it, in my mind I choose the songs that should have been on that second album. His first solo album could have come a little later.

BLY 01-15-2024 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vermicious knid (Post 1291376)
I was actually wondering if there were any Rick Vito completists. I have the first two. I like the first one, King of Hearts, a lot. The sound of the production is really nice, with some catchy and well-constructed songs. As much as I like it, though, I wish it didn't exist! Simply because there should have been a second album by the Behind the Mask lineup, in 1992. When I listen to it, in my mind I choose the songs that should have been on that second album. His first solo album could have come a little later.

Agree to that! It would’ve have been great to have a follow up with the Behind the Mask line up. Billy, Rick and Christine had some real good songs 1992-1995.

vermicious knid 01-15-2024 07:40 PM

Yes, obviously "Love Shines" and "Heart of Stone" would both have been on it.

For the record, the songs from King of Hearts that I would have put on a theoretical 1992 Fleetwood Mac album are:

"I'll Never Leave This Love Alive"
"Desireé"
"I Still Have My Guitar"
and "Poor Souls in Love"

I also have a soft spot for "Honey Love", so it could have been a b-side to a single. "Intuition" ought to have gone on Behind the Mask.

bwboy 01-15-2024 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vermicious knid (Post 1291411)
Yes, obviously "Love Shines" and "Heart of Stone" would both have been on it.

I also have a soft spot for "Honey Love", so it could have been a b-side to a single. "Intuition" ought to have gone on Behind the Mask.

Yes! The version of Intuition I’ve heard without Stevie is even better than the one with her, but either way, it would have been so good on BTM.

BLY 03-24-2024 06:27 PM

Just got Cadillac Man…another great great album from Rick Vito.