The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   One More Night (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=60279)

BLY 03-02-2024 09:42 PM

One More Night

I really do love of all of Christine McVie’s songs but my least favorite song of hers is probably this track. Does anyone feel the opposite?

HomerMcvie 03-02-2024 09:47 PM

It's definitely at the bottom of the list.

WatchChain 03-02-2024 10:43 PM

Did Warner Brothers have plans to release a radio single from the 1980 "Fleetwood Mac Live" album? If so, would it have been "One More Night"?

Most live albums released in that day included a single release. I'm surprised this one didn't.

HomerMcvie 03-03-2024 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1292639)
Did Warner Brothers have plans to release a radio single from the 1980 "Fleetwood Mac Live" album? If so, would it have been "One More Night"?

Most live albums released in that day included a single release. I'm surprised this one didn't.

I would have assumed Fireflies.

aleuzzi 03-03-2024 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1292637)
I really do love of all of Christine McVie’s songs but my least favorite song of hers is probably this track. Does anyone feel the opposite?

I would have agreed with you until I heard the demo. That version is to my way of thinking WAYYYYYYYYYY better than the one that ended up on Fleetwood Mac Live.

It's everything I ever wanted from a Christine solo album, just her at the piano. The kind of tune you might find on a Laura Nyro album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8UZgg5TtI

It was the first thing I listened to when I learned of her death.

Macfan4life 03-03-2024 05:39 AM

It was always one of my least favorites. But many moons ago it grew on me. The way she is throwing her voice is rare for her and I love it. Its a very sincere song too.
She does not like sleeping alone ;)

Villavic 03-03-2024 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1292637)

I do like the song. I wouldn't say opposite cause it's not within my top fave list, but I enjoy listening it.

And yes the demo version aleuzzi shared here is beatiful.

It's funny how we all have different tastes. I've read in this forum many people like Only Over You. Well I like One More Night far more than OOY.

FuzzyPlum 03-03-2024 09:57 AM

Not necessarily her best. But it’s nice. Yes, it plods a bit, but so too, there are certain parts that give me shivers.
She never goes below a 6/10.

bombaysaffires 03-03-2024 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1292643)
I would have assumed Fireflies.

Fireflies was released as a single. I've still got the 45. It went nowhere.
The other single was Farmer's Daughter. That didn't chart well either.

maybe Chris and Stevie got new songs tacked onto the Live album since Lindsey hogged most of Tusk??

HomerMcvie 03-03-2024 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1292661)
Fireflies was released as a single. I've still got the 45. It went nowhere.
The other single was Farmer's Daughter. That didn't chart well either.

maybe Chris and Stevie got new songs tacked onto the Live album since Lindsey hogged most of Tusk??

I still have my 45s. I might have that in there. I'll check later.

Lindsey's songs were half as long as Chris and Goatsy's.

jbrownsjr 03-04-2024 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1292665)

And that's enough for me.

aleuzzi 03-04-2024 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1292665)
I still have my 45s. I might have that in there. I'll check later.

As an individual songwriter, Christine got the least space. One thing I dislike about Tusk is that we wait what feels like an eternity between Think About Me and Brown Eyes. An additional song should have appeared on side two.

jbrownsjr 03-04-2024 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1292672)
As an individual songwriter, Christine got the least space. One thing I dislike about Tusk is that we wait what feels like an eternity between Think About Me and Brown Eyes. An additional song should have appeared on side two.

I agree with this. Mirage and Tango changed that a bit. Her Tusk songs seem buried.

I always felt that Lindsey didn't know what he had until Tango. By that time, he was leaving.

HomerMcvie 03-04-2024 10:46 AM

Okay, I just went through my 45s. No Fireflies. Here's the poop.
Rhiannon/Sugar Daddy
Think About Me/Save Me A Place
Edge of 17/Live Edge of 17
John Stewart Gold

That's all the FM 45s I've got. I always bought the albums the day they were released, so why would I buy 45s?

And unrelated, I don't remember being a Bee Gees fan, but f*ck me, I've got like 20 of their 45s. In my defense, I think some of them may have been my older cousin's, who lived with us when she was in high school. That must be it, because I've always been annoyed by falsetto singers.

jbrownsjr 03-04-2024 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1292647)
I would have agreed with you until I heard the demo. That version is to my way of thinking WAYYYYYYYYYY better than the one that ended up on Fleetwood Mac Live.

It's everything I ever wanted from a Christine solo album, just her at the piano. The kind of tune you might find on a Laura Nyro album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8UZgg5TtI

It was the first thing I listened to when I learned of her death.

Wow, it sounds so good on my "echo studios!!" You've heard them from the Perfect clips I've sent over. :wavey: