The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Love In Store (stripped down) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=60317)

Macfan4life 04-12-2024 04:45 AM

Love In Store (stripped down)

Are there any words to describe this? It just puts me in an awesome mood. Chris's vocal is so damn good. You can here the subtle differences in the backing vocals. For example Lindsey is profound on "OH DARLING". I love Chris's little keyboard parts. I could listen to a loop of this all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VyjiCgSIj4

jbrownsjr 04-12-2024 07:25 AM

This is absolutely keeeewwwlllllll!!! :blob2:

Macfan4life 04-12-2024 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1293390)
This is absolutely keeeewwwlllllll!!! :blob2:

Its pure Perfect-ion
its like honey

This song has always had an emotional impact on me. Going back to late 1982 when I was 12 it gives me that first Jr High crush feeling where you have butterflies in the stomach. The opening line gets me every time. ALL I KNOW IS THE WAY THAT I FEEL WHENEVER YOU'RE AROUND. YOU LOOK AT ME AND I JUST MELT. I'M SCARED OF FEELING THAT WAY.
Dizzy with love.

It translated so well live too.

Villavic 04-12-2024 08:12 AM

Thanks for share!!!

My addiction to songs played with separate tracks/sounds started with the 1997 Classic Albums: Rumours special. I loved all those parts when Lindsey, Ken or Richard isolate the tracks, instruments sounds, etc. to show how they produced the songs. It would be great if they were that kind of documentaries for all albums.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/M68AA...K/s-l1200.webp

BLY 04-12-2024 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1293393)
Thanks for share!!!

My addiction to songs played with separate tracks/sounds started with the 1997 Classic Albums: Rumours special. I loved all those parts when Lindsey, Ken or Richard isolate the tracks, instruments sounds, etc. to show how they produced the songs. It would be great if they were that kind of documentaries for all albums.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/M68AA...K/s-l1200.webp

Me too. I was fascinated with the Rumours classic album series. I bought the DVD. I would still love to have a cd compilation of some of these so I can play it on my stereo system.

jbrownsjr 04-12-2024 08:47 AM

I do love the isolation(s) tracks. God Lindsey!! no wonder you loved working with her and got mad when she decided to retire. Christine was pure gold.

aleuzzi 04-12-2024 09:31 AM

Love In Store remains a preeminent example of the value of group participation. The song soars because of everyone’s involvement. Little Lies, Honey Hi, Brown Eyes, and Say You Love Me were other prime examples of a very good song being made great because of all the contributing parts.

I wish about six more songs on Mirage had boasted such a group effort.

Anyway, this vocals and organ mix of Love In Store is fantastic! The call-and-response voices give me goosebumps.

jbrownsjr 04-12-2024 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1293397)
Love In Store remains a preeminent example of the value of group participation. The song soars because of everyone’s involvement. Little Lies, Honey Hi, Brown Eyes, and Say You Love Me were other prime examples of a very good song being made great because of all the contributing parts.

I wish about six more songs on Mirage had boasted such a group effort.

Anyway, this vocals and organ mix of Love In Store is fantastic! The call-and-response voices give me goosebumps.

Not for nothing, but more and more I see the magic that they gave B/N. Unseen by most.

aleuzzi 04-12-2024 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1293398)
Not for nothing, but more and more I see the magic that they gave B/N. Unseen by most.

Oh, definitely. B/N benefited greatly from the British trio. It was their collective musicianship that gave the work character and substance.

That’s why a song like Big Love, as good as it is, will never move me the same way Hold Me, Gypsy, and Little Lies do.

jbrownsjr 04-12-2024 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1293400)
Oh, definitely. B/N benefited greatly from the British trio. It was their collective musicianship that gave the work character and substance.

That’s why a song like Big Love, as good as it is, will never move me the same way Hold Me, Gypsy, and Little Lies do.

No kingdom for you, hill or otherwise.

aleuzzi 04-12-2024 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1293401)
No kingdom for you, hill or otherwise.

No reverse montage either…

jbrownsjr 04-12-2024 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1293402)
No reverse montage either…

No drunken/high beach scene.

David 04-12-2024 01:19 PM

Not meaning to sound pompous or anything, I would have done the instruments a little differently on this song. To me, the vocals entirely carry the song. The instruments don’t have much personality of their own, unlike “Hold Me.” I would have combined the same instruments from “Hold Me” on this one and created a nice almost-bookend.

jbrownsjr 04-12-2024 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1293404)
Not meaning to sound pompous or anything, I would have done the instruments a little differently on this song. To me, the vocals entirely carry the song. The instruments don’t have much personality of their own, unlike “Hold Me.” I would have combined the same instruments from “Hold Me” on this one and created a nice almost-bookend.

It's a fair point. I always considered this to be Hold Me (extra light).

aleuzzi 04-12-2024 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1293404)

The reason I dig this song so much is because of its skeletal arrangement. The backing track is so simple, even humble, whereas the vocals soar…I love that.