The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Barbara Joy Arrested! Awaiting sentencing! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55504)

Angel69 08-19-2015 10:16 AM

Barbara Joy Arrested! Awaiting sentencing!

Loganville woman convicted of cruelty to an elder person

By: Sharon Swanepoel | August 13, 2015 | 0 Comments

ShareEmailU Print

Last week, Barbara Joy McLuin, 54, of Loganville, was convicted of cruelty to an elder person in the Walton County Superior Court.

Barbara McLuin. Photo courtesy of Walton County Sheriff's Office
Barbara McLuin. Photo courtesy of Walton County Sheriff’s Office

According to Alcovy Circuit Court Assistant District Attorney Jacqueline Payne, the conviction carries a maximum 20-year sentence. McLuin will be sentenced by Alcovy Circuit Court Superior Court Judge Eugene Benton on Aug. 26, 2015.

Payne said the conviction stems from McLuin’s arrest in 2012 following a call from her Loganville home regarding a medical emergency with her elderly mother.

“On Nov. 20, 2012, the defendant called 911 to request EMS assistance at her home in Loganville. She reported that her 80-year-old bedridden mother was suffering from an altered mental state,” Payne said. “Walton County Fire and EMS responded to the call and found the home to be unlivable. They reported it to law enforcement and removed the victim from the residence. The Walton County Sheriff’s Office, Animal Control, and Code Enforcement responded to the scene. Due to the conditions inside of the home, the house was declared uninhabitable. The victim was transported to Clearview Regional Medical Center and treated for various medical issues related to bed sores and infection.”

According to the WCSO incident report, some 15 – 20 cats also were removed from the home by animal control. McLuin was also charged with animal cruelty, but was found not guilty on that charge, according to Payne. Officials confirm McLuin is the same Barbara Joy who is a member of a Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac Tribute band.

The case was investigated by WCSO and prosecuted by Payne along with Victim Services Director Kim Roberts. A jury convicted McLuin on Aug. 6, 2015 and she is currently being held at the Walton County Detention Center awaiting sentencing.

KarmaContestant 08-19-2015 10:19 AM

Well...that's sad.

SisterNightroad 08-19-2015 10:22 AM

WTF?

What is the source site anyway?

Angel69 08-19-2015 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 1171415)
Well...that's sad.

Yes it is.......for her Mother and those cats. If I remember correctly she ripped off many fans by running different business' selling Stevie/Mac related items.

Angel69 08-19-2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1171417)
WTF?

What is the source site anyway?

I actually first saw it on Facebook on a Stevie Nicks page. Google her name, all sorts of stuff pops up.

Sanne2 08-19-2015 01:35 PM

A few years ago I read a report about her arrest for animal cruelty, I guess it was the same case?

greendaze5 08-20-2015 11:36 PM

Barbara Joy/McLuin once wrote a article for a Stevie fanzine where she said that she would go to Stevie concerts dressed to the nines, and people were convinced that she was the real deal and ask for her autograph and stuff.

Really? :rolleyes:

bombaysaffires 08-20-2015 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanne2 (Post 1171435)
A few years ago I read a report about her arrest for animal cruelty, I guess it was the same case?

or a new one. :mad:

David 08-22-2015 03:19 PM

She's a fruitcake. She's always been a fruitcake. Twenty years ago, she was a demonstrable fruitcake in Stevie's fan community—and that's really saying something. It takes a special skill to stand out from the pack of old-school Nicks fans as a fruitcake.

I was in a Fleetwood cover band at one point, and so I joined an old mail list of musicians and band supporters. McCluin was on the list, and within no time at all made enemies of virtually everyone: other musicians, the list owner, newbies, and casual observers. She's a dreadful, loopy woman who probably experiences frequent bouts of delusional behavior and hallucinations—she's the Blanche DuBois of Stevie Nicks "tributes." But the worst part of it is that she's vicious, just vicious.

I hope the authorities rescues both her mother and her cats.

SisterNightroad 08-22-2015 03:28 PM

Oh my god I had to search the figurative meanings of "fruitcake" and found this:

1. A derogatory term for a homosexual man.

2. Someone who is completely insane.

3. A cake made with bits of fruit and drenched in scotch.

1. Uncle Jim married Pete? I didn't know he was a fruitcake!

2. Uncle Jim married a blender? I didn't know he was a fruitcake!

3. Me: What's a fruitcake?
Someone Else: It's a cake made with bits of fruit and drenched in scotch.
Me: Drenched in scotch? Sounds like my Uncle Jim.

olive 08-22-2015 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greendaze5 (Post 1171551)
Barbara Joy/McLuin once wrote a article for a Stevie fanzine where she said that she would go to Stevie concerts dressed to the nines, and people were convinced that she was the real deal and ask for her autograph and stuff.

Really? :rolleyes:

doesn't sound like she has any Mental Health Issues at all

KarmaContestant 08-24-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel69 (Post 1171418)
Yes it is.......for her Mother and those cats. If I remember correctly she ripped off many fans by running different business' selling Stevie/Mac related items.

Yeah. I've been on forums with Barbara for years, but never been one of her, uh, customers. All those years on Seven Wonders, all I really recall are the constant inquiries about stuff that people had purchased from her and not received, and the endless drama with another Stevie impersonator.

It is sad for her mother and her cats, but also sad that someone her age can't get their **** together and act like an adult.

Mystic Owl 01-11-2016 07:43 AM

She's out.

kathy1 01-11-2016 08:20 AM

that isn't her her band is white winged dove band and I was friends with her on facebook for years never bought anything from her.

Angel69 01-13-2016 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathy1 (Post 1177347)
that isn't her her band is white winged dove band and I was friends with her on facebook for years never bought anything from her.

Uh yes it's her. Her birth name is in the article.