The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Buckingham Nicks Available on iTunes (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56880)

lbfan 02-21-2017 04:49 AM

Buckingham Nicks Available on iTunes

While searching for Buckingham McVie, I noticed that Buckingham Nicks is available on iTunes. Apparently has not been released officially on CD, but has been released digitally. Sorry if this has been posted before.

Andyleo 02-21-2017 05:30 AM

Wow, I had no idea this was available. It never comes up in Stevie or Lindsey searches. Thanks for the heads up. Downloading it as I type. Cheers

dreamsunwind 02-21-2017 05:32 AM

This is totally new, it was never available before. Very strange. I think it might be a mistake, or maybe dropped earlier than planned because they have Django spelled incorrectly. I wonder if they'll do something for a physical release.

Andyleo 02-21-2017 05:39 AM

The vocals seem very echoey and faint compared to the guitar, was the LP the same? I've only listened to Crystal and Cryin In The Night so far, ok Long Distance Winner has louder vocals. Sounds awesome

lbfan 02-21-2017 08:37 AM

Sound

I am not an audiophile, but after listening to the bootleg version I have and the iTunes versions of the songs, there is a noticable difference. A much cleaner, crisper sound. The seats on my car were vibrating/humming, but the bass was not overpowering to my ears. I wonder if it was "re-mastered" or just a simple transfer from the master tapes. I noticed that "Django" was mis-spelled as well. I assumed it was a simple mistake on Apple's part, and not a copyright or trademark issue with Django Reinhardt.

jbrownsjr 02-21-2017 09:17 AM

I've always wanted an official copy. I'll have to check it out!

Nomad7 02-21-2017 12:23 PM

I bought it. It sounds very good but I would venture to say it is a high quality rip from vinyl. Tracks that have quiet bits like "Crystal" or "Django" reveal some pops. I wonder if it was put up by mistake and will soon disappear.

But then again....I keep hearing nuances I don't recall hearing before!

SorcererJP 02-21-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbfan (Post 1201889)
I am not an audiophile, but after listening to the bootleg version I have and the iTunes versions of the songs, there is a noticable difference. A much cleaner, crisper sound. The seats on my car were vibrating/humming, but the bass was not overpowering to my ears. I wonder if it was "re-mastered" or just a simple transfer from the master tapes. I noticed that "Django" was mis-spelled as well. I assumed it was a simple mistake on Apple's part, and not a copyright or trademark issue with Django Reinhardt.

I downloaded it on my iPhone and listened to it on my home from work. I do have a MP3-version( I believe the one of the Ivory Keys blog) on my iPhone as well and I listened to a few songs back to back. To my ears this version hardly got any treatment. My vinyl's sound better.

I really wonder how this album ended up on Apple Music/iTunes. Its not on Spotify (yet), but friday is the day for ' new' music, so let's wait if it'll appear there as well.

On Spotify there used to be some bootleg-like live CD's of Stevie's, but they disappeared. Probably due to copyright-issues. Wonder what will be the case here.

James89 02-21-2017 01:47 PM

It's not on UK iTunes.

lbfan 02-21-2017 02:13 PM

Deleted on US iTunes

Just deleted on US iTunes, approximately 2:00 pm EDT.

SorcererJP 02-21-2017 02:29 PM

It just disappeared from iTunes ....

jbrownsjr 02-21-2017 02:39 PM

I wonder what's up with that.

lbfan 02-21-2017 03:10 PM

iTunes

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1201905)
I wonder what's up with that.

I always thought that Apple exclusively controlled their site and they prohibited "bootlegs." If it turns out to be a mistake, I wonder if they will issue refunds and if the music "magically" disappears from my library.

James Kirk 02-21-2017 03:55 PM

I have requested a refund from iTunes (they should not be charging for poor sounding vinyl rips) and will post when i hear back from them.

If anyone is concerned about losing their download may I suggest simply make a backup of the files, or burn them to CD from iTunes.

dreamsunwind 02-21-2017 04:12 PM

It was a scam, someone uploaded a bootleg. Lindsey's team took it down.