The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Some great photos (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=60174)

Macfan4life 12-05-2023 08:58 AM

Some great photos

This fan put some incredible photos in this Save Me clip. I think most of us have seen most of them before. However there are several that I have never seen before. Wow this is really an attractive band full of MILFS and DILFS. This era gets glossed over which makes these photos more special. Based on the clothes and Stevie's annoying one glove on the press conference days introducing the new members, the band took several photo shoots that day. Stevie looks great and so does the rest of the band. I just hate that Michael Jackson stunt with one glove.
I LOVE the photo at 4:07 with Chris and Billy. They look like a couple in love that just got engaged. Such genuine smiles. Chris is wearing the 1987 tour T shirt that I used to wear all the time. How cool is that! I've never seen that photo before. Chris has her cute Debbie Gibson style hat.
I want to know what Stevie and Rick are staring at @ 1:43
We also get a photo from the early 80s with Stevie, Billy and the Stray Cats. Never saw that one before either.
These spontaneous photos are so much better than those professional, staged photos in the tour books. Gosh I miss this band so much looking at these photos!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpe7...o9eUVw&index=2

Villavic 12-05-2023 11:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Yes, great pictures!

These two seems to be taken before the 1987 lineup, specially that where just Billy and Stevie are. Stevie looks younger than her look during BTM or the Tango tour.

Macfan4life 12-05-2023 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1290298)
Yes, great pictures!

These two seems to be taken before the 1987 lineup, specially that where just Billy and Stevie are. Stevie looks younger than her look during BTM or the Tango tour.

Definitely. Those are from the Wild Heart era. Even the lead singer of Stray Cats looks young. They hit it big in the summer of 1982. So it could be from 1982.

David 12-05-2023 06:38 PM

I like these, and I like that earlyish take of “Save Me.”

Billy and Bekka did a sexy, rootsy country album after they both split from Fleetwood Mac. Imagine if Billy and Stevie had done something similar in the early 1980s (maybe instead of Rock a Little). They could have become the hottest musical duo in the universe. Write some really catchy songs with plenty of twangy guitar and shoot a couple of eye-catching videos.

bwboy 12-05-2023 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1290296)
I LOVE the photo at 4:07 with Chris and Billy. They look like a couple in love that just got engaged. Such genuine smiles. Chris is wearing the 1987 tour T shirt that I used to wear all the time. How cool is that! I've never seen that photo before. Chris has her cute Debbie Gibson style hat.
I want to know what Stevie and Rick are staring at @ 1:43

Thanks for the link. I agree this era is sadly underrepresented. Seeing Christine clearly so happy here belies her statement in the interview floating around here of how unhappy she was during this time. They ALL look happy and great, even John lol. Too bad Christine lumped this period with the Dave Mason/Time years, when she definitely seemed unhappy.

HomerMcvie 12-05-2023 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1290313)
Thanks for the link. I agree this era is sadly underrepresented. Seeing Christine clearly so happy here belies her statement in the interview floating around here of how unhappy she was during this time. They ALL look happy and great, even John lol. Too bad Christine lumped this period with the Dave Mason/Time years, when she definitely seemed unhappy.

I think the only way she'd have been happy with Dave Mason is if a big tree and some hemp product was involved.

BigAl84 12-06-2023 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1290298)
Yes, great pictures!

Wow...Brian Setzer looking like he's fresh out of high school. Incredible.

Villavic 12-06-2023 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I wonder where all those masks used in the photo session are.