The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Cher and Christine (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=28688)

diamondsnake 09-12-2006 10:39 AM

Cher and Christine

In a strange way, do you think their voices are kind of similar? Especially in their later careers. They both have kind of deep, smooth voices. I don't know, maybe I am crazy, but it's something I have always thought and I was wondering if anyone else has had this cross their mind.

macfan 57 09-12-2006 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondsnake (Post 570260)
In a strange way, do you think their voices are kind of similar? Especially in their later careers. They both have kind of deep, smooth voices. I don't know, maybe I am crazy, but it's something I have always thought and I was wondering if anyone else has had this cross their mind.

I have never remotely thought of any similarites between Christine McVie & Cher ever. I have no idea what Cher's voice sounds like anymore, but I can't imagine it would sound as good as Chris does nowdays. It's even kind of amusing to me to even compare these two women in any way. They are totally different in every way, except that they are both over 60.

jbrownsjr 09-12-2006 11:42 AM

I see what you mean... In a sense.

Villavic 07-04-2023 03:53 PM

In 2006 I would say I don't, but in her latest years, I could say yes, there was a a slight similarity between those two voices.

Villavic 12-12-2023 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1285693)
In 2006 I would say I don't, but in her latest years, I could say yes, there was a a slight similarity between those two voices.

I take back this.

I meant Christine latest years. But actually Cher voice is very "optimized" by auto-tune, since Believe (1999). I guess not entirely, but nowadays I can't say what songs or segments are genuine and what are auto-tuned.

And when Cher sung with Sonny (I Got You Babe), her voice was completely different than in the 80s and onwards.

jbrownsjr 12-14-2023 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1290458)
I take back this.

I meant Christine latest years. But actually Cher voice is very "optimized" by auto-tune, since Believe (1999). I guess not entirely, but nowadays I can't say what songs or segments are genuine and what are auto-tuned.

And when Cher sung with Sonny (I Got You Babe), her voice was completely different than in the 80s and onwards.

Maybe they wore the same wig at some point?

sue 12-14-2023 10:56 AM

Cher has been on British tv a lot lately, maybe she has an Album out or is appearing in Panto or something.

She looks about 45 and has borrowed Stevie’s cascading legging things.
You know the ones that are modelled on old style Cinema curtains, that are strangely gathered…

Villavic 12-14-2023 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1290503)
Cher has been on British tv a lot lately, maybe she has an Album out or is appearing in Panto or something.

Yes she released a Christmas album in october. There are some duets (Cyndi, Stevie).

sue 12-14-2023 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1290507)
Yes she released a Christmas album in october. There are some duets (Cyndi, Stevie).

I know, I was just being flippant…or something.
She has been singing her new Christmas song on all tv chat shows.

aleuzzi 12-14-2023 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1290502)
Maybe they wore the same wig at some point?

They're both divorced...Um...they both ad iconic noses...

That's all I've got.

HomerMcvie 12-14-2023 03:05 PM

Reading up above made me remember Mary Anne(macfan 57). She was a huge Christine fan. I remember she bought one of Christine's dresses on eBay, and had a glass case built for it in her house. She was so nice, and we used to exchange Christmas cards(I actually mailed out cards last night, and came across her address-so seeing her name above really made me remember her). I've not seen her on here for a LONG time now.

jbrownsjr 12-14-2023 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1290518)
Reading up above made me remember Mary Anne(macfan 57). She was a huge Christine fan. I remember she bought one of Christine's dresses on eBay, and had a glass case built for it in her house. She was so nice, and we used to exchange Christmas cards(I actually mailed out cards last night, and came across her address-so seeing her name above really made me remember her). I've not seen her on here for a LONG time now.

Me too!! at first I thought it was current.

HomerMcvie 12-14-2023 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1290522)
Me too!! at first I thought it was current.

Same. Great minds....;)

Penguin Emeritus 12-14-2023 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1290518)

I wrote to her last year when chris passed away, she seems to be doing ok. i guess just not as into FM as she used to be.

--Lis

HomerMcvie 12-14-2023 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus (Post 1290526)
I wrote to her last year when chris passed away, she seems to be doing ok. i guess just not as into FM as she used to be.

--Lis

I figured when Christine came back that she'd have been all about it.

I wonder if she still has the dress?

And I used to search for her on fb, but never found her. She was so nice.