The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Decide: Is this newly surfaced pix actually Buckingham Nicks? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=49717)

Christopher 02-16-2012 04:24 PM

You Decide: Is this newly surfaced pix actually Buckingham Nicks?

This picture has been circulating @since yesterday as a newly surfaced Buckingham Nicks photo where supposably BN are performing at a ceremony (wedding?) or something...

So is it real? Or a fake?? (painstaking BN imitators):shrug:
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...46785699_n.jpg

Silver Springs 02-16-2012 04:25 PM

I really can't see it as them. That Lindsey does not look right, to me.

poetinmyheart 02-16-2012 04:28 PM

I was just about to post this. It's been doing the rounds on tumblr all day and has caused quite a stir. Am interested to see what people think. When I first saw the picture on tumblr it didn't even cross my mind that that it was Stevie and Lindsey, I just thought it was a pretty picture. Then I saw it had been tagged as Buckingham Nicks. I can see the resemblance but I'm not 100% convinced.

Jondalar 02-16-2012 04:35 PM

Sorry, but that Lindsey looks like Jim Crocie to me.

MacFan92 02-16-2012 04:39 PM

That isn't them. The face doesn't even look like Stevie imo.

HejiraNYC 02-16-2012 04:40 PM

Hmmm... I am inclined to believe that it's the real deal. That definitely looks like Stevie, although I'm still a little unsure about Lindsey. Still, there are several features worth noting:

-Lindsey doesn't have a vocal mic. He sings on all of the BN songs.

-Stevie has a subdued expression, indicating that she is singing a soft/ballad type of song.

-Stevie's dress looks very expensive and Lindsey looks very put together; definitely not starving artist duds.

-Stevie is in the primordial stages of forming bangs in her hair

-Lindsey is playing a C-to-G chord and is finger picking with his right hand

Therefore, I am concluding that they are performing "Landslide" and this is actually white album Fleetwood Mac era. There are no backing vocals on "Landslide."

Jondalar 02-16-2012 04:53 PM

I change my mind. I think it's them. That is Stevie.

Christopher 02-16-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 1040113)
Hmmm... I am inclined to believe that it's the real deal. That definitely looks like Stevie, although I'm still a little unsure about Lindsey. Still, there are several features worth noting:

-Lindsey doesn't have a vocal mic. He sings on all of the BN songs.

-Stevie has a subdued expression, indicating that she is singing a soft/ballad type of song.

-Stevie's dress looks very expensive and Lindsey looks very put together; definitely not starving artist duds.

-Stevie is in the primordial stages of forming bangs in her hair

-Lindsey is playing a C-to-G chord and is finger picking with his right hand

Therefore, I am concluding that they are performing "Landslide" and this is actually white album Fleetwood Mac era. There are no backing vocals on "Landslide."

You forgot one; this is definitely Stevie pre-boobie job :laugh:

ANd boy you don't miss a thang!~ C to G chord Landslide, no backing vocals. You should be a detective!

poetinmyheart 02-16-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1040117)
I change my mind. I think it's them. That is Stevie.

The more I look at it the more I think it's Stevie too...Or maybe I just really want it to be Stevie. Am always wishing new pics would surface.

PenguinHead 02-16-2012 05:04 PM

I believe that it's Stevie and Lindsey. I think the reason Lindsey looks questionable is because of the angle of his face. But the clothes (shoes in particular) are akin to his style at the time. I also think this photo was taken prior to them joining Fleetwood Mac.

Regarding the comment of Lindsey without a mike, and always singing on all Buckingham Nicks songs: Consider that maybe they weren't performing a Buckingham Nicks song. The setting doesn't look like a formal performance; likely a one-off song at a personal event or gathering.

Artemis 02-16-2012 05:16 PM

She looks a lot like Stevie, but, I have to agree with Bee, the "Lindsey" seems very off. :laugh:

SuiteShangriLa 02-16-2012 05:20 PM

i saw this on my phone earlier and didnt question it. but now to see it blown up...idk:confused:

Fireflies 02-16-2012 05:21 PM

"lindsey's" nose seems off to me.

mikephxaz 02-16-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireflies (Post 1040128)
"lindsey's" nose seems off to me.

I agree. That's not them. That's not lindsey's nose. I wish it was them - the picture is too perfect.

Jondalar 02-16-2012 05:31 PM

that is how stevie used to set, I really thinks it's them