The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stevie goes to Europe (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=60290)

mitzo 03-18-2024 07:16 PM

Stevie goes to Europe

Stevie has announced dates in July in London, Manchester, Glasgow, Dublin, Antwerp, and Amsterdam.

UnwindedDreams 03-19-2024 04:43 AM

Wow. This is the most exciting thing she's done since the Songs From The Vault Tour. Maybe Australia and New Zealand will follow.

Could new music be released before this tour?

secret love 03-19-2024 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1292905)
Wow. This is the most exciting thing she's done since the Songs From The Vault Tour. Maybe Australia and New Zealand will follow.

Could new music be released before this tour?

Could be, maybe a new single or an EP of new songs. But I doubt she has a whole album of new music in the can ready to go. Would be cool if she came to Sydney!

mtkad 03-19-2024 10:48 AM

As expected - not cheap! £86.85 - £234.40 for standard tickets in Glasgow. On balance - not for me. I'm sure a lot of people will have fun, but I wouldn't be happy paying that amount for a show (likely) not too dissimilar to her Hyde Park 2017 support slot. Still, if you're a diehard or haven't been before - Enjoy!

UnwindedDreams 03-19-2024 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1292906)
Could be, maybe a new single or an EP of new songs. But I doubt she has a whole album of new music in the can ready to go. Would be cool if she came to Sydney!

It has been 5 years since Fleetwood Mac has played Sydney and Stevie played Australia and New Zealand on her 2011 and 2017 tours so I think she’ll end up in Australia in July or August! Please God she’ll actually do hits like Talk To Me, I Can’t Wait, and Rooms On Fire!

sue 03-19-2024 01:40 PM

Not for me…it will be super expensive..
Maybe upto 10 years ago I would have considered going to see her..
but not theses days
Same old playlist ….same old stories….same old frocks.

UnwindedDreams 03-19-2024 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1292917)
Not for me…it will be super expensive..
Maybe upto 10 years ago I would have considered going to see her..
but not theses days
Same old playlist ….same old stories….same old frocks.

Did you see the On With The Show Tour in 2015, sue?

This show might be worth going to. Even though she's been on the same tour since 2022, I have a feeling she's going to mix it up for the European dates since she hasn't toured there since 1989.

sue 03-19-2024 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1292922)
Did you see the On With The Show Tour in 2015, sue?

This show might be worth going to. Even though she's been on the same tour since 2022, I have a feeling she's going to mix it up for the European dates since she hasn't toured there since 1989.

I did see On with the Show….in Leeds. (My husband comes from Halifax so we made a trip of it)
Great small venue.
Yes you re right she might mix it up…I hope she does.
Are you thinking of going ?

UnwindedDreams 03-19-2024 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1292925)
I did see On with the Show….in Leeds. (My husband comes from Halifax so we made a trip of it)
Great small venue.
Yes you re right she might mix it up…I hope she does.
Are you thinking of going ?

Yes to London! I would like to have seen Fleetwood Mac in that arena. I listened to a recording of a wonderful Bruce Springsteen concert there from 2013.

Was the Fleetwood Mac show there very good?

Jondalar 03-19-2024 08:39 PM

She is like 76. This will probably be her last tour

HomerMcvie 03-20-2024 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1292927)
She is like 76. This will probably be her last tour

She's addicted to it. She'll go until she can't. It's her "family":wavey:

sue 03-20-2024 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1292926)
Yes to London! I would like to have seen Fleetwood Mac in that arena. I listened to a recording of a wonderful Bruce Springsteen concert there from 2013.

Was the Fleetwood Mac show there very good?

The show was very good very professional great sound.
I had seen video of previous shows so I knew what was coming…..but my husband who is not a big fan thought even 8 years ago they were going through the motions.
We sat on Lindsey’s side so that was great…we missed Silver Springs the last encore song ( we had to race to catch last bus back to Halifax) ..
So I cried all the way back….
Would I go and see them …yes I would, will I go and see Stevie…No.

UnwindedDreams 03-20-2024 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1292930)
The show was very good very professional great sound.
I had seen video of previous shows so I knew what was coming…..but my husband who is not a big fan thought even 8 years ago they were going through the motions.
We sat on Lindsey’s side so that was great…we missed Silver Springs the last encore song ( we had to race to catch last bus back to Halifax) ..
So I cried all the way back….
Would I go and see them …yes I would, will I go and see Stevie…No.

That's fair. I don't think this will be her last tour. Darlene Love, Debbie Harry, Dionne Warwick, Cher, Diana Ross, Gladys Knight, Patti Smith, and Patti LaBelle still tour and they're in their LATE 70s or 80s. It may be her final European Tour but I'd bet she'll do Isle of Wight or Glastonbury before she retires as a one-off.

Silver Springs is great but that's probably the best example of going through the motions :laugh: I think Christine stopped playing Songbird on the Europe leg because her hand was hurting her. :(
Did you go to Wembley Stadium for the 2019 concert?

sue 03-20-2024 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1292932)
That's fair. I don't think this will be her last tour. Darlene Love, Debbie Harry, Dionne Warwick, Cher, Diana Ross, Gladys Knight, Patti Smith, and Patti LaBelle still tour and they're in their LATE 70s or 80s. It may be her final European Tour but I'd bet she'll do Isle of Wight or Glastonbury before she retires as a one-off.

Silver Springs is great but that's probably the best example of going through the motions :laugh: I think Christine stopped playing Songbird on the Europe leg because her hand was hurting her. :(
Did you go to Wembley Stadium for the 2019 concert?

Christine did play Songbird July 2015 …Lindsey came out to accompany her.
No I didn’t go to Wembley 2019…I wouldn’t want to see them without Lindsey (well not after what happened in 2018).

I can’t see Stevie doing Glastonbury…I would like to be wrong.
She would fit the Legends spot on the Sunday afternoon…Shania Twain is doing it this year..but I think Stevie would ask too large a fee.
Yusuf/Cat Stevens did it last year and was wonderful…

BigAl84 03-20-2024 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1292932)
That's fair. I don't think this will be her last tour. Darlene Love, Debbie Harry, Dionne Warwick, Cher, Diana Ross, Gladys Knight, Patti Smith, and Patti LaBelle still tour and they're in their LATE 70s or 80s.

What sets most of them apart is they still have artistic integrity.