The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Omg!!!!!! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=10482)

wondergirl9847 06-16-2003 01:00 AM

Omg!!!!!!

I just heard Lindsey's ORIGINAL Peacekeeper ON THE RADIO!!!!!! NO Stevie, it was the version on that CD!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW FRICKIN COOL IS THAT?!?!?!?! I walked in the room coming from my bedroom and I had left the radio on and I come in and I hear something familiar...and I turn it up and I go OMG, PK..YAY..then I listened more and I'm all "OMG!!!!!! It's NOT the SYW version!!!!!!" I was FLOORED!!!!! LOL

It was on some radio station in Weatherford, Texas that I stumbled onto last week I think...they play a BIG TIME MIX of songs...very unique station.....anyways...

COOL!!!! :blob1::blob2:

DownOnRodeo 06-16-2003 06:21 AM

Hey Christy that IS "omg" material!! :nod: That original version really knocked me over, and their are some elements of it that got lost in the Fleetwoodization process. I still think the FM version is stronger, and I can't go past the BN magic, but I've been listening to that original Lindse demo recently too (see my LJ) cause it's faster and a bit more aggressive!
I especially love the "se-e-ell" part - Lindsey sounds so good.

CarneVaca 06-16-2003 08:50 AM

The original version easily outshines the Fleetwood Mac version. How cool would it be if radio stations everywhere started playing it?

Sarah 06-16-2003 01:48 PM

That's the only version I've heard on radio. How f'ing weird.

When I heard the CD version for the first time, I thought.. "Stevie's on this song???"

Damn, no wonder I've always liked this song as a single more than everybody else.. I've been hearing the right version the whole time.

Sarah

wondergirl9847 06-16-2003 03:59 PM

HOLY SHIZNIT!!!!

IT'S PLAYING AGAIN RIGHT THIS SECOND ON THAT STATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is so frickin cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nod::D

It's in regular rotation folks!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. AND HE GETS TO SAY ONLY KILL ON THE RADIO!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! LOL

strandinthewind 06-16-2003 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CarneVaca
The original version easily outshines the Fleetwood Mac version. How cool would it be if radio stations everywhere started playing it?
While I like SN's harmony on the SYW version, I also really liked the ACLU disc version i think we are talking about. So, I think it would be hysterical if the original ACLU disc version got picked up in heavy rotation and became a huge hit. Talk about in your face irony!!!!!!!!!!! I would fully expect LB to call up the execs that panned his solo record and say "Take that Warner/Reprise execs. Maybe you will listen to me next time you bunch of $)&$%)(#&$&#_Q&_&%$_Q&% " In fact, I might be tempted to do it for him!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Then again, we would not have gotten WTWCT if they had listened. :cool:

CarneVaca 06-17-2003 08:26 AM

Hmmm... this is very interesting. I wonder just how this version came into rotation. Perhaps Sarah can shed some light on that.

DownOnRodeo 06-17-2003 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by strandinthewind

Then again, we would not have gotten WTWCT if they had listened. :cool:

Hmm good thinking strand :D . Just think what the SYW opener would have been like without that passionate inspiration ....

What's the world coming to?
I don't know, how 'bout you?
There's no probs I see...
It's all fine with me...
I can walk anywhere
I can walk anytime
And the lone highway
Doesn't sound so great

What's the world coming to? (All good..)
What's the world coming to? (All good..)
Nobody's gone to the moon,
What's the world coming to?

Les 06-17-2003 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by CarneVaca
Hmmm... this is very interesting. I wonder just how this version came into rotation.
I was wondering that too.... I would think Reprise wouldn't be thrilled about it.

wondergirl9847 06-17-2003 11:38 AM

Folks...

This station is new to me and it's QX FM. They never said who was singing or the name of the song either, the DJ's really don't speak much at all. They probably got a hold of that ACLU CD somehow and decided to play PK since they know FM is out with SYW. :shrug:

They seriously play a lil bit of everything...I am listening to "I Honestly Love You" (where's that barf smiley?) by Oliva Newton-John right now...I hope they play PK again...and announce it or something.

http://www.kyqx.com

Here is their website...nothing impressive, and no way to see a playlist...but you can listen online if you install the player.

Les 06-17-2003 11:52 AM

Thanks, Christy. It's certainly interesting that they'd play that version!

tamaraluvsFM 06-17-2003 05:28 PM

Re: Folks...

Quote:

Originally posted by wondergirl9847
...I am listening to "I Honestly Love You" (where's that barf smiley?)

:laugh: :laugh: Your too funny! Glad to see they are mixing in old with new though..but heck. REAL old...

Tamara:wavey:

Sarah 06-17-2003 05:50 PM

Fleetwood Mac - Peacekeeper [AC/CHR Mix]

is listed in the top 30 (i think it was actually 15) on the music service that my station uses' list of AC songs for air. I'll have to go back and check the cds it came in on (2 different cds from the same company for different formats) to see if one of them is the version with just lindsey, but I do know that in my radio station's computer, we have the version with just lindsey.

We don't air it because it isn't in our format- but we continue to get the discs the new music comes on out of contract, so we rip them in and save them for production uses.

I'll double check at work tomorrow.

Sarah

wondergirl9847 06-17-2003 09:14 PM

Yet again...

I heard it AGAIN today...it's really popular in Weatherford, Texas!! LOL Right now, it's Celine Dion's "Where Does My Heart Beat Now" playing...well, NOW, is Huey Lewis "Do You Believe in Love"..I am LOVING this station...a great mix of music!!

Rhiannon191 06-17-2003 09:24 PM

:shrug: I have no idea what ACLU is. :confused: Could someone please explain? Thanks!