The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Christine on Twitter? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=50699)

fmac 08-30-2012 12:21 PM

Christine on Twitter?

Hello Everyone,

Long time reader of these boards, first post!
Have you seen this on twitter - it was part of a retweet from nickslive :

"@christine_mcvie welcome to twitter! xx
Retweeted by FLEETWOOD MAC NEWS"

I don't know if its a genuine account, it looks real?

Gailh 08-30-2012 01:01 PM

I think it's highly unlikely don't you?

Gail

fmac 08-30-2012 02:06 PM

Yes, looking at it again, it probably is not genuine, the first one or two tweets seemed real enough that I was fooled!

jbrownsjr 08-30-2012 03:10 PM

It's Lindsey hacking!!

Gailh 08-30-2012 03:18 PM

It's definitely not her.. Martin Wyatt just confirmed it to me

Gail

fmac 08-30-2012 04:04 PM

So it was too good to be true... thanks for checking it out

Gailh 08-30-2012 04:11 PM

No problem. I got suspicious when "Christine" was followed by and was following "Helen Mirren" (probably fake)

So yes it was too good to be true

Gail

vivfox 08-30-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 1062348)
No problem. I got suspicious when "Christine" was followed by and was following "Helen Mirren" (probably fake)
So yes it was too good to be true

It would have been interesting if it said Christine was following Vera Fermiga(is that her name?)on twitter.

HomerMcvie 08-30-2012 09:18 PM

Have you seen the fake John on FB? I'm 99% sure it's not him, but "he" posts on there several times a day. "Good evening, all", and stuff like that. To which 20 people respond, too dumb to know that it's an imposter.
They should have a rule against pretending to be a celebrity!

TrueFaith77 09-01-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1062365)
Have you seen the fake John on FB? I'm 99% sure it's not him, but "he" posts on there several times a day. "Good evening, all", and stuff like that. To which 20 people respond, too dumb to know that it's an imposter.
They should have a rule against pretending to be a celebrity!

I have a friend who suffers many fake twitter accounts taking his name. He has complained to Twitter and requested that his own account be "verified." Challenging faux twitter accounts and getting verified requires more proof of identity than that for becoming president of the united states.

Chris_Lover 09-04-2012 01:54 AM

Hi fmac,
as other users have said before me, Chris doesn't like to use social utilities or surf the net. She once said sometimes she sends emails to Mick or John sharing recipes or other things...there are many users who pretend to be her, on Facebook and not only, but these are all imposters. There are at least 10 fake Christine McVie on Facebook...and also the John McVie who always post the "Good evening all" etc, as Homer said, is a fake. I've added him as a friend some months ago just to talk with other FM fans, but pay attention...

HomerMcvie 09-04-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Lover (Post 1062659)
Hi fmac,
as other users have said before me, Chris doesn't like to use social utilities or surf the net. She once said sometimes she sends emails to Mick or John sharing recipes or other things...there are many users who pretend to be her, on Facebook and not only, but these are all imposters. There are at least 10 fake Christine McVie on Facebook...and also the John McVie who always post the "Good evening all" etc, as Homer said, is a fake. I've added him as a friend some months ago just to talk with other FM fans, but pay attention...

What kind of LOSER gets a kick out of pretending to be a celebrity?
I want to rant off on the fake John...but I have this tiny fear....like .00001%, that "what IF" it actually is John? I mean, we know it's not. But what if? lol

Then I told of one of my heroes!:o

Chris_Lover 09-22-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1062675)
What kind of LOSER gets a kick out of pretending to be a celebrity?
I want to rant off on the fake John...but I have this tiny fear....like .00001%, that "what IF" it actually is John? I mean, we know it's not. But what if? lol

Then I told of one of my heroes!:o

LOL Homer, I had the same idea but as you I was afraid of the 0.000001% probability that it could actually be the real John :D We could try, but if we'll see a butcher knife flying toward us, we'll know the answer... (obviously I'm joking!) :D