The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Still think Stevie is going to do the FM album? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54884)

secondhandchain 01-25-2015 09:45 PM

New quotes: Still think Stevie is going to do the FM album?

I don't after reading this. I've never heard her sound so negative about Lindsey. What happened to the "talk" and all that crap? She setting it up so she's not the bad girl.

http://www.macleans.ca/culture/the-w...-stevie-nicks/

nicole21290 01-25-2015 10:00 PM

So she's not the 'bad girl'? Ha. Well, the way she's been going, she must be aware by now that that's exactly how many fans are going to be interpreting all of this, that she IS being 'bad' and not being a team player, etc.

If FM do a final album, she'll be on it. Typical that out of a four hour interview/conversation (including talk of Fritz/BN apparently), these are the quotes we get from it. :lol:

Her and Linds seem fine, whatever the case. Landslide from Grand Rapids + MSG.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/ac0e09afc...8si8o1_500.gif
http://38.media.tumblr.com/86b873149...8si8o2_500.gif
http://38.media.tumblr.com/9f141fc16...8si8o3_500.gif
http://38.media.tumblr.com/4b0cc1ce4...8si8o4_500.gif

http://38.media.tumblr.com/a4b717d90...8si8o3_250.gif http://31.media.tumblr.com/94f67c318...8si8o4_250.gif

jbrownsjr 01-26-2015 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1159168)
I don't after reading this. I've never heard her sound so negative about Lindsey. What happened to the "talk" and all that crap? She setting it up so she's not the bad girl.

http://www.macleans.ca/culture/the-w...-stevie-nicks/

I think she will do the album despite her and Lindsey not being able to stand each other.

louielouie2000 01-26-2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1159211)
I think she will do the album despite her and Lindsey not being able to stand each other.

I agree. If she recorded her latest solo album in 3 weeks, she could easily recreate the same situation with Fleetwood Mac. She may not be able to stand Lindsey, but thanks to digital recording technology and her newfound ability to record quickly, the amount of time she'd have to dedicate to a FM project would be almost inconsequential. And we all know she'd sooner die than let Lindsey be on a final FM album without her. All of this posturing in the press is just a way for the band members to wrangle whatever demands they may have for this project.

DauphineMarie 01-26-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1159220)
I agree. If she recorded her latest solo album in 3 weeks, she could easily recreate the same situation with Fleetwood Mac. She may not be able to stand Lindsey, but thanks to digital recording technology and her newfound ability to record quickly, the amount of time she'd have to dedicate to a FM project would be almost inconsequential. And we all know she'd sooner die than let Lindsey be on a final FM album without her. All of this posturing in the press is just a way for the band members to wrangle whatever demands they may have for this project.

I think that's a point most people leave out. Stevie is far too prideful to let her archenemy/lostlover outperform her. She couldn't stand it. There's also the chance that this whole thing is a bunch of codswallop for the press to eat up, and the album was finished during their winter hiatus! :thumbsup:

jbrownsjr 01-26-2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1159220)

They've hated each other for many albums, doesn't mean she won't do it.

Christine: Lindsey loves you, Stevie!!
Stevie: It was his hatred that fooled me!

SteveMacD 01-26-2015 12:50 PM

Hey Stevie,

How's about shutting the hell up with the press about how much you don't like Lindsey, get off your lazy ass, and write three effing songs. Good Lord, in the time you spent bitching about Lindsey, you could've had your contributions to the new Fleetwood Mac album completed.

wheart 01-26-2015 12:53 PM

My guess is she will participate eventually but not this year or even next. She will make the band wait for her. Just my guess.

jbrownsjr 01-26-2015 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheart (Post 1159236)
My guess is she will participate eventually but not this year or even next. She will make the band wait for her. Just my guess.

That's not a bad theory. History has taught us a lot. I hope we're wrong.

elle 01-26-2015 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1159234)
Hey Stevie,

How's about shutting the hell up with the press about how much you don't like Lindsey, get off your lazy ass, and write three effing songs. Good Lord, in the time you spent bitching about Lindsey, you could've had your contributions to the new Fleetwood Mac album completed.

perfect point! do something constructive with that anger and complaints - like put it in a song or 2 or 3 (look up Sad Angel or ITT or even Dancin' for how it's done!) instead of endlessly yakking about it.

elle 01-26-2015 01:02 PM

Quote:

will? she already did. 5 years and counting. i guess they need to wait 10 years. wish they'd fire her and get on with it already.

jbrownsjr 01-26-2015 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1159240)
will? she already did. 5 years and counting. i guess they need to wait 10 years. wish they'd fire her and get on with it already.

It's a fair point. I know a lot of people think it's all about the $$. But I'm sure Christine and Lindsey could easily do an album without her. Mick would be the only one worried about that.

jcalzaretta 01-26-2015 02:10 PM

I think she will do the record. She does not want to be the one to break up the band. And I think she is being honest about her relationship. They have lingering issues. Big deal. They can get along and co-exist. It can still be difficult. Think you are reading too much into this. I think it is a matter of time commitment. She has two careers. And she likes the way her songs are coming out solo vs. with Fleetwood Mac. She was not too happy with Say You Will and quite frankly, listening to Smile At You, I cannot blame her.

jbrownsjr 01-26-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcalzaretta (Post 1159246)
I think she will do the record. She does not want to be the one to break up the band. And I think she is being honest about her relationship. They have lingering issues. Big deal. They can get along and co-exist. It can still be difficult. Think you are reading too much into this. I think it is a matter of time commitment. She has two careers. And she likes the way her songs are coming out solo vs. with Fleetwood Mac. She was not too happy with Say You Will and quite frankly, listening to Smile At You, I cannot blame her.

Exactly, these two have hated each other for a long time. And some of the best work has come from it. Why would that stop her now?

I don't think she cares however about being the "bad guy". She is thriving on the diva reputation. It actually helps her with some fans.

JohnL 01-26-2015 02:17 PM

Geez...

Big Bad Stevie is just making Fleetwood Mac wait and wait for her. I call BS on all this. if she said the sky were blue a lot of you here would say it was another color just to bitch about her. She hung in with this group while being the only female for years. Why would she walk away now that Christine is back? Take a pill...

michelej1 01-26-2015 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1159237)
That's not a bad theory. History has taught us a lot. I hope we're wrong.

I just wish the band was above letting her make them wait. Sure, they want an album with her, but if that can't be had, why just sit there? Put out the album in 2015, capitalize on the publicity her absence will bring and hope that in a year or two maybe you can make an album with her.

Michele

michelej1 01-26-2015 02:20 PM

Quote:

No need to fire. Just make an album without her and connect with her again in 2017.

Michele

jbrownsjr 01-26-2015 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1159250)
No need to fire. Just make an album without her and connect with her again in 2017.

Michele

I like this better. That way, they can even tour again if Stevie wants to tour the new album and we'll get new music.

louielouie2000 01-26-2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Yeah, this is kind of what I've been saying for some time, too. We all know how Stevie prefers to flop between her solo and FM careers. After 3 consecutive years in a row of touring with FM, she will most likely want a break from FM. Especially considering she shelved any sort of promotion for her most recent solo album, and instead kept on touring with FM. I don't see a FM album coming out this year at all. Next year? Maybe.

My guess is Stevie will want to do at least some sort of small solo tour perhaps later this year for 24k Gold. Or maybe she will take off the rest of the year to write and put some demos to tape. We all know how the road with FM tends to inspire her. I also know with Lindsey and Christine contributing new material, Stevie will want something fresh to bring to the FM table.

Quote:

Ok, so where's the 5 year figure coming from? It's been 2 years since the EP, and 12 since Say You Will. Stevie's last albums were released 1 & 4 years ago; Lindsey's 4, 7, and 9 years ago; and Christine's was 11 years back. I guess the first time we heard rumblings of a new FM album was during the Unleashed tour, though- 6 years ago now?

Whatever the case, I hope Stevie gets on board for a FM album sooner than later. It's been 28 years since we've gotten any new studio work from the Rumours 5. The band is on the largest grossing tour of their career, and public interest has never been higher. It's time to strike while the iron is hot. They had the same chance following the Dance, and utterly bungled it back then by waiting 6 years to release new material. I sincerely hope they learned from that mistake, but something tells me they haven't. :rolleyes:

olive 01-26-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1159248)
Big Bad Stevie is just making Fleetwood Mac wait and wait for her. I call BS on all this. if she said the sky were blue a lot of you here would say it was another color just to bitch about her. She hung in with this group while being the only female for years. Why would she walk away now that Christine is back? Take a pill...

Because she know she has a limited time to accomplish for herself and she is back to being respected ( thank liz rosenberg )and not the butt of the joke

plus she made enough cash on this tour to keep her from worrying for awhile

Macfanforever 01-26-2015 03:10 PM

Sorry being a FM Debbie downer and harsh plus and so non FM .At this point I really dont care if Stevie goes to record with FM at this point.The topic is getting tiring.Sorry to be crude.

Whatever she does and its fine with me.She can go and sing an opera album is fine with me. Anyway who said its mandatory that she got to record a new album with FM.

If they record without her.They can hire Paulette Carlson to replace her.

On a positive note I hope this game will pan out in the meantime and enjoy the rest of this tour.

SteveMacD 01-26-2015 03:46 PM

Why does she get a pass on the "you're in or you're out" rule? That's how it was for Lindsey and for Christine. If Stevie doesn't want to be on the album, she shouldn't be in the band. Anyway, Fleetwood Mac already tried the "only half a member of the band" experiment, and it didn't work.

olive 01-26-2015 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1159267)
Why does she get a pass on the "you're in or you're out" rule? .

Because they don't want to play theaters and clubs ? or be Foghat's opening act

BlueDenimLamp 01-26-2015 04:02 PM

Hypothetically speaking if Stevie had a talk with Mick and said "I don't like the musical direction Lindsey takes my songs ( or whatever the reason is) therefore I will not record with the band and so I don't hold Fleetwood Mac back any longer I am retiring from the band permanently"...I wonder what Mick response would be. Would he would beg Stevie to stay (more cash cow tours) and the record be put on hold indefinitely. Or would Mick say "Bye Bye" ?

pauls90 01-26-2015 05:08 PM

I don't even know what to think anymore. I wonder where all of this negativity towards Lindsey is coming from now. Could it possibly be from the pressure he's putting on her to finish the new record?

I've been wondering if Stevie and/or Liz have just put a gag on asking about the FM album all together? Because it blows my mind that no one has even asked about it in any interviews. I keep waiting for SOMEONE with the balls to ask her straight up what her thoughts are on her band having finished half an album without one peep from her about it. To ask her "Why aren't you commenting? Your band is so excited and have songs they are super proud of and ready to give to the world. What are your plans for it? Fans clearly want one last masterpiece from this lineup, so why instead of recording a VOL 2 of 24KG aren't you more focused on helping finish what your bandmates so clearly want?" INSTEAD - all we get are the same freakin questions she's answered over and over and over and over and over again. Someone needs to step up and ask some real questions.

Aside from that - I actually enjoy entertaining the idea that she secretly recorded material for the album during their winter break (as someone previously suggested). It's 99% improbable but a part of me likes indulging that tiny little 1% chance.

pauls90 01-26-2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1159273)
Hypothetically speaking if Stevie had a talk with Mick and said "I don't like the musical direction Lindsey takes my songs ( or whatever the reason is) therefore I will not record with the band and so I don't hold Fleetwood Mac back any longer I am retiring from the band permanently"...I wonder what Mick response would be. Would he would beg Stevie to stay (more cash cow tours) and the record be put on hold indefinitely. Or would Mick say "Bye Bye" ?

Maybe it would open a more serious dialogue about brining someone new in to executive produce....... *eyes Rick Ruben or Butch Vig*

secondhandchain 01-26-2015 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcalzaretta (Post 1159246)

You're judging her whole history with Lindsey producing her songs on Say You Will? There a many, many examples of her songs that he took to the millionth level. IMO Say You will wasn't a great album. Lindsey's work since then (solowise) has been great as has Stevie's. Now is the time to get this done.

BlueDenimLamp 01-26-2015 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauls90 (Post 1159278)
Maybe it would open a more serious dialogue about brining someone new in to executive produce....... *eyes Rick Ruben or Butch Vig*

Not talking about producing. What I'm saying is if Stevie told Mick "I'm not recording with FM my mind is made up and nothing you can do or say will change it. I'm leaving FM because I don't want the band putting the record off any longer in hopes that I will change my mind 2 years from now. If she were to tell Mick this what would his reaction be?

KarmaContestant 01-26-2015 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1159272)

:laugh: Isn't that the truth!

I don't understand why so many have to be so damned bitter about Stevie's success and her role in Fleetwood Mac. It is what it is. They aren't going to kick her out because she is the bread and butter anymore. Sorry, but it is the truth. Christine is amazing and a huge celebrated draw for this tour, but Fleetwood Mac wasn't having trouble selling tickets without her.

I'd love a new FM album as much as anyone, by the way.

Everyone is so quick to blame Stevie for no new album (yet), when the fact is they aren't even signed to a label. Are people expecting what will likely be their *last* album ever to be released independently like that half-assed EP? No label = no album, and that's not Stevie's fault.

KarmaContestant 01-26-2015 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1159267)
Why does she get a pass on the "you're in or you're out" rule? That's how it was for Lindsey and for Christine. If Stevie doesn't want to be on the album, she shouldn't be in the band.

$$$$$.

That's why.

:shrug:

elle 01-26-2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1159249)
I just wish the band was above letting her make them wait. Sure, they want an album with her, but if that can't be had, why just sit there? Put out the album in 2015, capitalize on the publicity her absence will bring and hope that in a year or two maybe you can make an album with her.

yes!! :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1159250)

oh but i just so love that possibility! :lol: :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1159252)
I like this better. That way, they can even tour again if Stevie wants to tour the new album and we'll get new music.

and you want that? enough of endless Mac cash cow tours! (i can say that however many times and i know it will never be true - all of them seem to love the sold-out arenas the huge amount of adulation and endless millions FM tours give them... and i guess that's understandable. most people would.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1159255)
Ok, so where's the 5 year figure coming from? It's been 2 years since the EP, and 12 since Say You Will. Stevie's last albums were released 1 & 4 years ago; Lindsey's 4, 7, and 9 years ago; and Christine's was 11 years back. I guess the first time we heard rumblings of a new FM album was during the Unleashed tour, though- 6 years ago now?

ok 6 years now i guess!

but yeah, just read some of the threads here from 2009. everybody was so sure that FM will go straight in the studio when they get off the road in 2009... since Lindsey was saying that's what they'll do every night on stage. when they came off the road Stevie nixed the album, so he gave up and recorded SWS. and that was a part of his intro the whole 2011 solo tour "i was hoping something else was gonna happen, but since the time unexpectedly opened up, i filled it." then 2012 they went into studio. then 2014. so yes, since 2010-2015, looks like at least 5 years to me. :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1159255)
Whatever the case, I hope Stevie gets on board for a FM album sooner than later. It's been 28 years since we've gotten any new studio work from the Rumours 5. The band is on the largest grossing tour of their career, and public interest has never been higher. It's time to strike while the iron is hot. They had the same chance following the Dance, and utterly bungled it back then by waiting 6 years to release new material. I sincerely hope they learned from that mistake, but something tells me they haven't. :rolleyes:

exactly.

SteveMacD 01-26-2015 06:58 PM

Quote:

Because that would totally happen with two people who combined had TWELVE of seventeen of Fleetwood Mac's top 40 singles still in the band. As a personality, Stevie is hands down the biggest name in the band, however, she's not bigger than the band. What's next for La Nicks? Another straight to the cut-out bin album produced by Dave Stewart followed by stints as a "special guest" in Tom's band or Don's band or opening for Rod Stewart?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 1159282)
I don't understand why so many have to be so damned bitter about Stevie's success and her role in Fleetwood Mac. It is what it is. They aren't going to kick her out because she is the bread and butter anymore. Sorry, but it is the truth.

It depends. If Lindsey and Christine say "she's in or she's out, and if not, we're out," then what's Mick going to do? Do you think he'd choose to go on without Lindsey and Christine over Stevie?

Quote:

Christine is amazing and a huge celebrated draw for this tour, but Fleetwood Mac wasn't having trouble selling tickets without her.
But, not to this degree. This tour is unlike anything they've done in decades. They were doing okay, but this is a whole different beast.

Quote:

Everyone is so quick to blame Stevie for no new album (yet), when the fact is they aren't even signed to a label. Are people expecting what will likely be their *last* album ever to be released independently like that half-assed EP? No label = no album, and that's not Stevie's fault.
OR...

We have an album that is finished, and now we're shopping for a label.

A Fleetwood Mac album with the classic lineup AND not having to pay an advance so it can be recorded?

HomerMcvie 01-26-2015 07:34 PM

Quote:

As someone who has BEEN Foghat's opening act, I take little offense, and great humor in your remarks!!!

nicole21290 01-26-2015 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1159279)
You're judging her whole history with Lindsey producing her songs on Say You Will? There a many, many examples of her songs that he took to the millionth level. IMO Say You will wasn't a great album. Lindsey's work since then (solowise) has been great as has Stevie's. Now is the time to get this done.

"The song [Soldier's Angel] was so important that I asked Lindsey to come over and bring his musical magic to it and he did – as he always does."
- Stevie Nicks, 2011

michelej1 01-26-2015 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 1159283)
$$$$$.

That's why.

:shrug:

Also, it's because these people are not in their thirties or forties any more. They are 65-70. What they did in the past has little relevance today, as we close in on heaven.

If she wants to leave FM permanently, then good for her. But the odds are that's not what she wants and if she wants to be in the band 2 years from now, there is no way that the other four are going to tell her no, even if she stomps up to them, sneezes in their faces and sets fire to what's left of their hair. They aren't saying goodbye.

I just hope that enough people can pool their collective consciousness and get the band to simply record without her. I'm not even going to try to concentrate enough to will them to tour without her. That would take more brain power than I have left.

Michele

michelej1 01-26-2015 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1159286)

and you want that?

But if they recorded an album, then the next tour would include the new music. Of course we want that!

Michele

michelej1 01-26-2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 1159282)

If they had a new album, then they'd get a label. They didn't have a label chosen when they were recording SYW.

Having no label is not the hold up on this album. And why is there always one excuse after another for why the delay is not Stevie's fault?

First, people were arguing that she probably agreed to record with them, but she did it secretly and her silence shouldn't mean anything -- because heaven knows this gal is the quiet type and wouldn't mention anything like working on an FM album!

Then, people were saying she would record a new album when her commitment to WB was fulfilled, because if she didn't finish her contract with WB right now, they would send hit men after her. So, you know, she didn't really have a choice. She just had to do 24K RIGHT NOW.

Now, the problem is not Stevie, but it's the fact that they don't have a label?

If Stevie was in line, everything else would fall into place and I don't know know why people are arguing that it's not her that's delaying an album, because she's not denying that. I think she's pretty darned proud of the fact that she is dictating FM's next steps and that the others have their noses bent out of shape waiting for her. It makes her feel it's the 1980s all over again.

Michele

Macfanforever 01-26-2015 08:04 PM

Quote:

I rather see FM play in theaters then Arenas .

I do like Foghat.LOL.....

elle 01-26-2015 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1159296)
And why is there always one excuse after another for why the delay is not Stevie's fault?

First, people were arguing that she probably agreed to record with them, but she did it secretly and her silence shouldn't mean anything -- because heaven knows this gal is the quiet type and wouldn't mention anything like working on an FM album!

Then, people were saying she would record a new album when her commitment to WB was fulfilled, because if she didn't finish her contract with WB right now, they would send hit men after her. So, you know, she didn't really have a choice. She just had to do 24K RIGHT NOW.

Now, the problem is not Stevie, but it's the fact that they don't have a label?

If Stevie was in line, everything else would fall into place and I don't know know why people are arguing that it's not her that's delaying an album, because she's not denying that. I think she's pretty darned proud of the fact that she is dictating FM's next steps and that the others have their noses bent out of shape waiting for her. It makes her feel it's the 1980s all over again.

kool aid drinkers, all these peeps. :shrug:

elle 01-26-2015 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfanforever (Post 1159297)
I rather see FM play in theaters then Arenas .

exactly. i just love all these fans who keep telling us - hey you all want theaters? and cheaper prices? nah........

apparently some people love to pay through the nose and hustle and bustle of huge sports' arenas.