The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Which Era of Christing Songs Do You Like The Most? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=32725)

Musicman408 05-26-2007 04:51 PM

Which Era of Christing Songs Do You Like The Most?

I know I don't post much in this forum, but I do love Chris's songs. Her voice is very powerful and her songs are amazing.

I was just curious as to which era of Chris's songs do you like the most? Pre Rumours, Rumous or Post Rumours (starting with BTM).

I think I like her Post Rumours songs the best. Her TIME songs are classic for me.

Much Love,
Ethan

jbrownsjr 05-26-2007 07:42 PM

Pre Rumours.... From Chicken Shack to the White album she's almost Perfect:D

goldustsongbird 05-26-2007 10:34 PM

You mean powerful emotionally?

ryan8472 05-26-2007 10:59 PM

Pre Rumours. To me, that includes the White FM album. So yeah, that was all vintage Christine for me. :nod:

fmfanatic 05-26-2007 11:34 PM

Well, I picked "post Rumours", but I just LOVE Christine's voice -- period! From her Chicken Shack days through In the Meantime, her voice was just unique and amazing and astonishing and...... She could read out of a phone directory and still sound awesome!!! :laugh:

And really, I think her voice has actually IMPROVED with age, starting with the early 80s (Mirage, her self-titled solo album, etc.) And even In the Meantime -- who would have thought the woman singing those songs was age 61!?!?!?! LOL (And yes, Christine is the reason I LOVE the Time album!)

Okay, enough silly rambling for now..... :lol:

Andrea :)

aleuzzi 05-27-2007 01:14 AM

Gosh, this is a tough one. I love all the eras for different reasons. I chose the Rumors-era (which I thought included the white album) because she was, at this time, most consistently excellent; but I can't imagine how impoverished my listening experiences would be without "Remember Me," "Why," "Prove Your Love," "Crazy 'Bout You Baby" (live-in-studio from Madison Blues), "No Road is the Right Road," and her many great Chicken Shack songs and performances.

And then there's "Hollywood," "Temporary One," and every song on ITM...

Damn, I love the music she's given us. Simply put, FM would not have endured past the early 70s without her.

aleuzzi 05-27-2007 01:18 AM

And just because I feel like it, I'm gonna' praise the lord we have "Sugar Daddy"--my all-time favorite Mac tune.:thumbsup:

Gailh 05-27-2007 02:31 AM

I went for Rumours because although I love her work on Mystery to Me I think her songs on TITN are fantastic.

Even her work on Time was great although the album itself was a bit odd the lady just can't help writing great pop songs for grown ups.

Gail

BombaySapphire3 05-27-2007 02:44 AM

I had to say Rumours era 1975-1987. Although most of her career is pretty solid I think Lindsey's production and that particular band's dymnamics added something extra as evidenced by the incredible string of hit singles she enjoyed during those years .Her consistency was amazing.

macfan 57 05-27-2007 05:55 AM

I voted for Pre-Rumours songs, but I could have easily voted for the other two choices as well. She's been incredibly consistent over the years. There are no bad eras of Christine McVie songs. I totally agree about her voice though. It's gotten better with age. She struggled a bit during the early 1970's, but started improving around 1973 or so. Her vocals on ITM are my favorite ever.

nicepace 05-27-2007 08:29 AM

I voted for Pre-Rumours because I love Christine's keyboard playing on the songs from her Chicken Shack recordings, the 'Christine Perfect' album, and during the five Welch-era FM albums. I also think she wrote many of her best songs during the FM Welch era (Homeward Bound, Why, Just Crazy Love, Come a Little Bit Closer, many others). I do agree that Chris's singing has gotten better as her career has progressed, and in fact I do think her singing on 'In the Meantime' is the best of her career. But Chris is a lot more than a vocalist.

To clarify a point, I have always thought that "Rumours era" really means "Buckingham/Nicks era," and that it includes the self-titled 'White Album.' To include the 'White Album' with the five Welch-era albums that preceded it would make no sense.

Matthew 05-27-2007 11:02 AM

I like the best Chris´ songs in Tango, BTM and Time. So I voted for Post Rumours.

Musicman408 05-31-2007 08:35 AM

I think it's crazy that we have a tied vote right now. Just goes to show you how consistant Chris's work has been over the years.:nod:

Gailh 05-31-2007 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicman408 (Post 693424)
I think it's crazy that we have a tied vote right now. Just goes to show you how consistant Chris's work has been over the years.:nod:

Yes she can't seem to help writing good songs

Gail

goldie 05-31-2007 07:50 PM

This was hard, but I went with pre-Rumours. But really, ALL her songs are good. She really is a consistently good songwriter.