The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Joe Walsh, Prince, and Kentucky Fried Chicken (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55534)

Macfan4life 08-29-2015 11:22 AM

Joe Walsh, Prince, and Kentucky Fried Chicken

In the summer of 1990 I was listening to Joe Walsh on Rockline. A caller phoned in and asked Joe about the Prince video premiere party in the 1980s with Stevie Nicks called the "Kentucky Fried Chicken incident." This caller must have heard some sort of urban legend about this. Joe finally caved and explained that he and Stevie were at some Prince world premier video party together. The video was going to come on the TV but there was a commercial first and it was Kentucky Fried Chicken. Joe was specific and said it was the commercial from the 80's where cub scouts come marching into someone's house all holding these buckets of Kentucky Fried Chicken. According to Joe, Stevie thought this Kentucky Fried Chicken commercial was the Prince video. Afterwards when she was told it was not the video they all died of laughter.

Strange story I know. I would love to know how the caller knew of such an incident. I thought it was a bit crazy for Joe to speak of Stevie in such a strange way because you would have to be out of your mind to think a Kentucky Fried Chicken commercial was a Prince video. But in 1990 Joe Walsh was a the peak of his demons and I guess his judgment was too great to release such intimate details about Stevie.

The story (if true) really made me realize how crazy Stevie was in the 1980's :eek:

Has anyone ever heard of this incident or story? More details?

gldstwmn 08-29-2015 12:18 PM

They were probably imbibing and she got confused. It's a pretty funny story actually.

UndoingTheLaces 08-29-2015 07:38 PM

Yeah, one would think that tons of coke and pot and alcohol would make anyone question what they were seeing.

lilyfee 08-29-2015 10:55 PM

This is a cute and funny story! :laugh:

Let's be real, how many of us have mistaken a commercial for what we're watching from time to time?

I have this feeling like maybe famous people don't have to watch commercials like us normal people. I'd blame it on the life of luxury before substances, haha.

BellaSoprano71 08-30-2015 11:58 AM

Joe Walsh and Stevie Nicks

I watched an interview with Joe Walsh and Howard Stern, I'm not sure when it took place it was within the last couple of years. He was the biggest jackass (sorry) about her. I mean he was mean. I kept thinking she still talks about how he was the one she would of left the music for and he is talking like this. She was basically nothing but a ....... to him, when he remembered her. :(

SisterNightroad 08-30-2015 12:18 PM

Yeah, I listened to that interview too it's on youtube.
He was completely drunk on that interview and didn't even know what he was saying.

Macfanforever 08-30-2015 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1172030)
Yeah, I listened to that interview too it's on youtube.
He was completely drunk on that interview and didn't even know what he was saying.

Do you have the YT link.

SisterNightroad 08-30-2015 01:07 PM

I think it may be this:

I remember him saying that he had sex with Stevie while she was fat because it was a "road ****".

bombaysaffires 08-30-2015 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1172033)
I think it may be this:

I remember him saying that he had sex with Stevie while she was fat because it was a "road ****".

she certainly wasn't fat while they were a couple on the Wild Hear Tour. She was in full coke skinny mode.

SisterNightroad 08-30-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1172036)
she certainly wasn't fat while they were a couple on the Wild Hear Tour. She was in full coke skinny mode.

Exactly. Not to mention that she was still at the peak of her beauty during that tour. And he never had in his life a peak of beauty to begin with.

Macfan4life 08-30-2015 04:18 PM

This is a recent interview and Joe is stone sober. He does not say anything negative towards Stevie in this interview. Although he is very casual about it. The best part of this interview is when Howard confronts Joe about Stevie's lyrics about him "Id rather be alone than be without you don't you know"
He just says it was a road romance and for the entire summer and tour they were monogamous and only saw each other.
This is not an interview where Joe is out of control and says wild things about Stevie.

SisterNightroad 08-30-2015 04:25 PM

I thought it was that because it was mentioned that it was a recent interview and this was made in 2012.
Maybe it's the 2005 one then, but I remember there was an even older one of the 90's.
Can someone find the right one?

Macfan4life 08-30-2015 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1172043)
I thought it was that because it was mentioned that it was a recent interview and this was made in 2012.
Maybe it's the 2005 one then, but I remember there was an even older one of the 90's.
Can someone find the right one?

Joe was a regular on Stern for over 20 years. He has been sober since the mid 90's when the Eagles got back together they told him...you get sober or you don't tour with us. But back in the crazy days of Stern in the late 80's and early 90's Joe was out of control and would show up drunk on Stern early in the morning. They still talk about it today how he would pass out in the studio. There have been many Stern/Walsh interviews.....but not many of them are on youtube.

Macfan4life 08-30-2015 07:18 PM

I vaguely remember a cub scout Kentucky Fried Chicken commercial in the 80's. But here is one from that era that is similar. Or in Stevie's world...its the latest Prince video :eek:
She knows what it sounds like when doves cry or in this case....chickens cry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6QGVNM6o1E

Danigirl 08-30-2015 10:23 PM

Reading this was highly amusing. Just my two cents.
I could imagine Stevie thinking prince was taking a very vague artistic move with the cub scouts and buckets of chicken. I could imagine her trying to draw some very "deep and heavy" artistic meaning from it all.

How I love these completely random posts😀