The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   'Buckingham McVie' podcast (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=60303)

JeremyGloff 04-04-2024 08:24 AM

'Buckingham McVie' podcast

Hey all,

For those who are interested here is the track by track discussion podcast for 'Buckingham McVie' - we had a new member to our podcast - Ledgie 'WalkAThinLine' ! Looking forward to reading the discussion on this album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzqTC5uBHU4

BLY 04-05-2024 07:49 AM

I enjoyed the insight on this great last Fleetwood Mac album (BuckMcVie) Christine’s voice is on some of Lindsey’s songs it’s just very deep in the mix. You can see some of that in the documentary that was done promoting the album.

JeremyGloff 04-05-2024 06:57 PM

I wish she harmonized on many of the verses on the album like she did in the later live shows on the tour - it sounded great!!!!

BLY 04-05-2024 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyGloff (Post 1293248)
I wish she harmonized on many of the verses on the album like she did in the later live shows on the tour - it sounded great!!!!

I agree to that for sure.

aleuzzi 04-06-2024 08:38 PM

I saw the podcast. Pretty accurate critique. The major weakness here is that Christine is not really present (or audible) on Buckingham’s songs, and Buckingham’s presence on “Game of Pretend” mars an otherwise moving, effective performance by Christine.

One note: there IS an extra Christine track that she wanted to put on the record. “I had high hopes for that song,” she said in a promotional interview. “We’ll use it for the next project,” Lindsey replied. My guess is that he didn’t want to use more than five of his songs on this project and was hoarding tracks for his ensuing solo album. To have six Christine songs to his five wasn’t going to fly either (Lindsey can get insecure). So, we get ten concise songs. I wish there were twelve.

bombaysaffires 04-07-2024 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1293263)
I saw the podcast. Pretty accurate critique. The major weakness here is that Christine is not really present (or audible) on Buckingham’s songs, and Buckingham’s presence on “Game of Pretend” mars an otherwise moving, effective performance by Christine.

One note: there IS an extra Christine track that she wanted to put on the record. “I had high hopes for that song,” she said in a promotional interview. “We’ll use it for the next project,” Lindsey replied. My guess is that he didn’t want to use more than five of his songs on this project and was hoarding tracks for his ensuing solo album. To have six Christine songs to his five wasn’t going to fly either (Lindsey can get insecure). So, we get ten concise songs. I wish there were twelve.

do we know what that song is?

WalkAThinLine. 04-07-2024 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1293264)
do we know what that song is?

I'm not sure if any other titles have been mentioned, although I do remember McVie saying that they had at least one unused song.

aleuzzi 04-07-2024 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. (Post 1293265)
I'm not sure if any other titles have been mentioned, although I do remember McVie saying that they had at least one unused song.

Someone who claims to have worked in the studio when the album was being made commented on the LB/CM YouTube documentary that Christine brought another song to the sessions called “Know Me” or Feel My Love.” I’m not sure if this comment is accurate or bs, but it’s more information than anyone else has ever offered regarding this.

UnwindedDreams 04-08-2024 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1293263)

I pretty much block out Lindsey's vocal on Game of Pretend chorus. I don't get that voice he uses on his solo recordings. It's weird because I hear Christine on Lindsey's songs, but most posters here say they can't.

I think it would have been cool to have the ten tracks and then a deluxe edition with two tracks or even the one you mentioned by Christine. Lindsey had Hunger and Ride This Road to my knowledge recorded before they started work on this record.

The silver lining is they performed 8 songs from the album at every concert. Nobody does that. Even Springsteen maxes out at 5 these days. I don't know of other seniors who do that many. Madonna did when she toured nw music but she's on a jukebox tour now.

Mr Scarrott 04-15-2024 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. (Post 1293265)

I hope that song appears at some point as a final Fleetwood Mac track. Stevie could record some backing vocals to it at arm's length from Lindsey. Hopefully she wouldn't ruin it.

FuzzyPlum 04-15-2024 05:33 PM

Christine is listed as songwriter for the following songs. I can’t remember whether any of these are on solo records. Also, some might be original titles for songs that morphed into other titles…
Can’t get enough
Don’t make me wait
Entire lifetime
Eye to eye
Gina
I believe I believe
Need your love (maybe became Prove your love???)
On our own
Ordinary man
Rain in the summertime
Slow down
This feeling of love
Too much is not enough

Damn….that’s potentially a whole album of material!!!

SteveMacD 04-17-2024 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1293471)
Too much is not enough

That’s an outtake from her 1984 solo album and was played on that tour.

ETA: Go to 1:16:00 (way towards the end) https://youtu.be/OJiIjyN92fs?feature=shared

DownOnRodeo 04-22-2024 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1293471)
I believe I believe

Sounds like Where We Belong (Tango outtake).