The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Decide: Is this newly surfaced pix actually Buckingham Nicks? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=49717)

jkmaletic 02-17-2012 10:34 AM

For all I know its them cuz I never thought
Lindsey looked like Lindsey on the BN album.

Jamie

Kena 02-17-2012 11:05 AM

I think it's them. The first thing I noticed was Stevie's little poufy cheeks and pouty lips. As for Lindsey in the picture, I think it's hard to tell due to the picture quality. It was back when film was on the roll and developed at the store and it’s probably faded. It's a beautiful picture though.

I love Stevie’s dress! Starving artist or not, I think most girls could probably round up a pretty dress for a special occasion. Maybe it was a hand me down from her mother or an aunt or something. Or I'm sure Stevie had a darling friend or two who would have loaned her a dress. I sure would have!

cliffdweller 02-17-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kena (Post 1040306)
I think it's them. The first thing I noticed was Stevie's little poufy cheeks and pouty lips. As for Lindsey in the picture, I think it's hard to tell due to the picture quality. It was back when film was on the roll and developed at the store and it’s probably faded. It's a beautiful picture though.

I love Stevie’s dress! Starving artist or not, I think most girls could probably round up a pretty dress for a special occasion. Maybe it was a hand me down from her mother or an aunt or something. Or I'm sure Stevie had a darling friend or two who would have loaned her a dress. I sure would have!

I think this whole starving artist thing is overblown for Stevie. Her parents had money and I'm sure they'd spring for a dress here and there if she needed one. In fact, I'm sure they paid for more than we're aware of.

bombaysaffires 02-17-2012 12:00 PM

ok, Karen, or whoever lurks who works with Stevie, could you do us all a favor and show her the pic and ask her if it's them??

ali101 02-17-2012 12:01 PM

70's Wedding singers

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 1040292)
Did you see my update above? The person obviously just found it in their wife's photos. He didn't even know it was a big deal. Think how many Fritz / BN pics are laying around in collections or in photo albums. People probably look at 'em as fond memories of their college days and reminisce about what they were doing. They're not looking at it as a piece of music history. Or they make scratch their head and say, "Who are these people? Don't remember Uncle Bob playing the guitar!" :laugh:

Right, thanks for the update and your right people sometimes dont realise that they may possess part of 'music history'. But equally a lot of people are quick to jump on the bandwagon of a quick story or photo, but I suppose the current techno world makes it so much easier these days and now celeb photos or a photo of your cat appear in public ciculation in seconds.

To have had Stevie & lindsey perform at your wedding is quite a rarity and what a great retrospective memory to have had! Its one of those things that you can imagine on 'This is your life' for Stevie, introducing some random unknown or forgotten person/ couple for whom you performed 35+ years ago!

Did they get back to year with a year/timeframe. I guess it would be '71-'73 ?

If an audio of these 'Wedding Singers' were to emerge that would be extroadinary! And unlikely! But how interesting...

PenguinHead 02-17-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliffdweller (Post 1040307)
I think this whole starving artist thing is overblown for Stevie. Her parents had money and I'm sure they'd spring for a dress here and there if she needed one. In fact, I'm sure they paid for more than we're aware of.

Absolutely! It's quite a tale she tells - spinning the classic story of a starving artist, despite the fact that her father was a successful business man. Her upbringing was one of comfortable wealth. Sure, she slummed it "rock-and-roll style" in the early days with Lindsey, but essentially they were both well-off hippies.

APerfectLie 02-17-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1040358)
Absolutely! It's quite a tale she tells - spinning the classic story of a starving artist, despite the fact that her father was a successful business man. Her upbringing was one of comfortable wealth. Sure, she slummed it "rock-and-roll style" in the early days with Lindsey, but essentially they were both well-off hippies.

I guess compared to where she is at now she would consider herself dirt poor back in those days. Oh to live in Stevieland!

mottabam 02-18-2012 02:12 PM

I'm guessing it is probably them. Kinda hope some more pictures of this event surface. Nice dress.

MrStevie 02-19-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliffdweller (Post 1040294)
It looks like them to me, pre-FM, maybe right before they joined? Stevie's dress is beautiful.

As far as Lindsey is concerned, look at the hands. Those hands look like Lindsey's to me.

His hands are unmistakable as are her lips. It's them.

CADreaming 07-20-2012 06:30 AM

Ran into this interesting Twitter post yesterday. A girl tweeted Stevie and Lindsey sang at her aunt's wedding. I asked her for details. She said all she knew was that it was around 1972 and her aunt ran off with her community college professor. They're still married. Her aunt's name is Sue.

Edit: year was 1971 per Sue's brother.

drag00n 07-20-2012 10:01 PM

B/N Wedding Singers

It was originally published in a very small size and I understand it is them pre-Mac and possibly pre B/N They are performing at a friend's wedding according to what was listed where I first found it over a month ago...

FM77 07-20-2012 10:22 PM

WTF is she wearing????? Very Loretta Lynn. Un-Stevie.

drag00n 07-20-2012 10:40 PM

Wedding Singers

1 Attachment(s)
"For What Its Worth" I listed the pic as "Wedding Singers" in my photo file.....
Has to be Stevie...... Look at the size of that wine glass sitting with the bottle of champagne
:thumbsup::woohoo:

Attachment 11202

greendaze5 08-25-2014 06:40 AM

Hi everyone,

I asked Richard Dashut (at his new blog), and got a response! See below.

He says IT IS Stevie and Lindsey in the picture!

------------------------------------------------------------

is this a picture of Stevie and Lindsey?

Hi Richard,

This photo of a young couple had surfaced on the internet recently claiming to be of Lindsey and Stevie in the early 70’s. Is it them?!

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...stevie+wedding

Yes. Judging by the way Stevie is holding her arms, and Lindsey is playing guitar, I am going to authenticate it. Plus I recognize Lindsey’s guitar from their early days of Buckingham Nicks.

…..r

michelej1 08-25-2014 11:08 AM

That's great. Thanks for asking. It looked like Stevie to me, but not like Lindsey. Michele