The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   The Early Years (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac "Cue Club, Gothenburg, Sweden Nov 2, 1969" (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=43310)

zoork_1 03-11-2010 04:13 PM

Fleetwood Mac "Cue Club, Gothenburg, Sweden Nov 2, 1969"

I've got reasons to believe the bootleg labeled "Club, Gothenburg, Sweden Nov 2, 1969" was recorded in Sweden 2 april 1970. A poster confirms a FM gig thursday 2/4-70 at Konserthuset Gothenburg, and two eyewitness reports circumstances pointing to this recording: P1: "it took long time to tune the guitars" (one guitar is out of tune, listen to track 1-2), and b) P2:"They started of with Rattlesnake Shake...[...]...[...]...then later got into Albatross followed up by Oh Well".

/z

sharksfan2000 03-11-2010 07:10 PM

I agree that the date for that show seems wrong and that it's more likely to be late winter or early spring 1970. Zoork 1 - where have you seen that poster and eyewitness reports? I've never heard of a gig on that date - every gig listing I've seen shows the band playing in Stockholm on 1 April and Helsinki on 3 April but nothing on 2 April. You might have discovered a new show!

Wouter Vuijk 03-11-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 (Post 876443)
I've never heard of a gig on that date - every gig listing I've seen shows the band playing in Stockholm on 1 April and Helsinki on 3 April but nothing on 2 April. You might have discovered a new show!

And Dinky Dawson must have been sleeping:laugh:

Ms Moose 03-12-2010 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk (Post 876454)
And Dinky Dawson must have been sleeping:laugh:

A mystery indeed. Maybe a case of: "If you remember the sixties you weren't there!" - Dinky seemed to have been "somewhere else" a lot of the time (if you go by his book) :p

But of course very present at other times (not to forget).

Ms Moose

zoork_1 03-12-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 (Post 876443)
I agree that the date for that show seems wrong and that it's more likely to be late winter or early spring 1970. Zoork 1 - where have you seen that poster and eyewitness reports? I've never heard of a gig on that date - every gig listing I've seen shows the band playing in Stockholm on 1 April and Helsinki on 3 April but nothing on 2 April. You might have discovered a new show!

P2 sent me a photo copy of the poster, and P1 sent photos from Cue Club as well as Konserthuset Gothenburg (9 pics from Cue Club and 19 from Konserthuset) . It was a strange mess of coincidences; I stumbled over the photos (pic gallery at the web) and an article published in Göteborgs Posten 2009. I contacted the photographer and the GP journalist, and it transformed into a win-win situation for all of us. Confirmation of date (poster) against recorded songs, photos, memories - some kind of a triangle adventure. The photographer suggested feb - april 1970, the journalist confirmed 2 april in the article, and then later by the poster marked "SBA and Clifford Davis present: Fleetwood mac in consert Konserthuset torsdagen 2 april -70 kl.20"

/z

Alan Olson 03-12-2010 07:37 PM

This date seems more correct... This concert has been re-dated a couple of times by the good people at Wolfgangs Vault already.

The structure of the songs like Rattlesnake Shake and Underway sure seem to indicate that it was performed sometime in the early spring. (march-April)

I think all of us here would love to take a look at Dinky's personal vault of recordings that he still has and make more of the Mac available to the public.