The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rick's New Release (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54489)

soul_drifter333 10-20-2014 09:04 PM

Rick's New Release

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...83143&sr=1-121

wetcamelfood 10-21-2014 05:38 AM

CD version:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=9421302

John

welcomechris 10-21-2014 04:23 PM

You can preview the album on Amazon and iTunes now! It sounds amazing!

wetcamelfood 10-21-2014 05:13 PM

Rick plays slide guitar on the title track of Bob Seger's new album "Ride Out" as well.

Bob must really like Rick's playing to get him to play on almost all of his albums since Like A Rock (he's not on Face The Promise (though Bekka is) but the 2 disc version has the Like A Rock video which Rick is in so that might count :) )

John

TrueFaith77 10-23-2014 08:03 PM

Pre-ordered the album on itunes. I allowed myself to preview the first track. sounds amazing.

BLY 10-24-2014 10:32 PM

I have all of Rick's solo CDs. He is one heck of a musician. I will have to get this one.

chriskisn 10-27-2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1150924)
Rick is a very likable guy and much admired in the music industry for his guitar prowess . It' no wonder that his skill are demand as a studio musician for Bob Segar and many others; he has a long list of credits.

I have a scant few of his solo CDs. I would have more, but some are unreasonably expensive because of their rarity.

I thought most of them were still in print? If not then I guess I could post them here but would never want to deprive Rick of any royalties.

Murrow 10-28-2014 08:25 PM

About time too say I - it's been eight years and counting since Talk That Talk.

But in my opinion, Lucky Devils and Band Box Boogie are by far his best.

Fannymac 10-29-2014 11:51 AM

$30.00 seems a little steep for the CD, but what the heck....I have all his other albums, so I'm sure I'll pick this one up as well!

TrueFaith77 11-02-2014 06:00 PM

The album is superb. Current fav track is "Life Was Just a Struggle." The guitar playing throughout is outrageous.

Fannymac 11-05-2014 03:24 PM

Anyone know of another source for the CD? I pre-ordered it, but just got a notice today that it is now considered "back ordered", with no definite due date.

wetcamelfood 11-05-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fannymac (Post 1152294)
Anyone know of another source for the CD? I pre-ordered it, but just got a notice today that it is now considered "back ordered", with no definite due date.

I got the same e mail. Some 3rd party dealers at Amazon UK have it in stock (and it's cheaper than CD Universe too).

John

PenguinHead 11-06-2014 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 1151286)
I thought most of them were still in print? If not then I guess I could post them here but would never want to deprive Rick of any royalties.

I would want the albums, not just downloads. Sure, all of his albums are still in circulation, but some are at an unusually high rate. Case in point - his new CD is 30$!
This isn't a deluxe version, or anything else other than a new album. I've bought a lot of new albums recently. None of them come close to that high price point. It's not right.

Fannymac 11-06-2014 12:16 PM

I know it's an import, but that does seem high! I'm also surprised Rick isn't offering it on his website ~ dumb move!

welcomechris 11-06-2014 07:14 PM

I got the album on itunes ~ Love it!

wetcamelfood 11-13-2014 02:10 PM

Got mine today. Surprised but glad to see Rick must've re-upped with Hypertension. Thought that deal was over. Miss the jewel case (i.e. more extensive notes etc.) but good music, that's all that matters. :)

John

chriskisn 11-16-2014 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wetcamelfood (Post 1153305)
Got mine today. Surprised but glad to see Rick must've re-upped with Hypertension. Thought that deal was over. Miss the jewel case (i.e. more extensive notes etc.) but good music, that's all that matters. :)

John

Ha, you still worrying about jewel cases John? Time to move with the times!!! ;)

Hate to say that I have downloaded the album from iTunes but not listened to it yet (haven't listened to the album by the witchy one either, so FM isn't getting much of an airing in my house right now).

wetcamelfood 11-16-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 1153763)
Ha, you still worrying about jewel cases John? Time to move with the times!!! ;)

Hate to say that I have downloaded the album from iTunes but not listened to it yet (haven't listened to the album by the witchy one either, so FM isn't getting much of an airing in my house right now).

Well, it's not worrying about them they're just sturdier and have more liner notes is all. With the amount of times I play them and look through them I need to be able to replace the cases instead of being forced to re-buy new copies because everything is stuck to some cheezy cardboard thing. :)

John

Fannymac 11-17-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wetcamelfood (Post 1153305)

John

I agree.....I miss a CD booklet!

Fannymac 11-17-2014 06:39 PM

Anyone else think Rick looks A LOT like Henry Winkler on the back cover?!?!?

FuzzyPlum 09-18-2015 12:50 PM

Rick Vito: Mojo On My Side

Fox 17 Rock & Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3cgGksREwU

Newzchspy 09-18-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1172540)
Rick Vito: Mojo On My Side

Fox 17 Rock & Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3cgGksREwU

This album has been out over a year in Europe, BUT we're just getting it here now???

Bump to an old thread, BUT does anyone find it ironic that it took two great guitarists to replace just one Lindsey Buckingham in FM?? To me, that goes to show just how good LB truly is!!

michelej1 09-18-2015 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newzchspy (Post 1172544)
This album has been out over a year in Europe, BUT we're just getting it here now???

Bump to an old thread, BUT does anyone find it ironic that it took two great guitarists to replace just one Lindsey Buckingham in FM??

Well, it seemed ironic to Lindsey. He got a kick out of thinking that.

Michele

chriskisn 09-19-2015 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newzchspy (Post 1172544)

Bump to an old thread, BUT does anyone find it ironic that it took two great guitarists to replace just one Lindsey Buckingham in FM?? To me, that goes to show just how good LB truly is!!

They didn't really replace Lindsey with two guitarists though. They replaced Lindsey with a guitarist and a vocalist. The fact that Billy played rhythm guitar was irrelevant.

I'm of the opinion (and yes I'm a die-hard Rick fan) that Rick could hold his own against Lindsey any day (granted they are very different guitarists - Rick plays slide for a start - but both are brilliant in their own right).

I do appreciate Lindsey's guitar talent but personally I'd rank him as the third or fourth best guitar player in FM.

FuzzyPlum 09-19-2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 1172570)
They didn't really replace Lindsey with two guitarists though. They replaced Lindsey with a guitarist and a vocalist. The fact that Billy played rhythm guitar was irrelevant.

I'm of the opinion (and yes I'm a die-hard Rick fan) that Rick could hold his own against Lindsey any day (granted they are very different guitarists - Rick plays slide for a start - but both are brilliant in their own right).

I do appreciate Lindsey's guitar talent but personally I'd rank him as the third or fourth best guitar player in FM.

Green, Kirwan, Buckingham/Weston, Vito, Mason, Welch, Burnette, Nicks

PenguinHead 09-19-2015 08:07 PM

I caught a serious Rick Vito bug about a year ago. Though I had several of his early solo albums, my interest sort of waned at some point. Perhaps it was Mick's Blues Again album that put Rick back on my radar. Since then I've sought out all of his subsequent solo albums, including his Lucky in Love/Best of collection. Once I get Rattlesnake Shake my collection will be complete.

I think his most recent album, Mojo on My Side is one of his best. The US version has entirely different artwork than the international issue.

In hindsight, I think Fleetwood Mac would have been better off if they only hired Rick.
I have nothing against Billy, but three singer/songwriters seems to be the right equation for the band. It would have given Rick more room to establish himself.

chriskisn 09-20-2015 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1172577)
Green, Kirwan, Buckingham/Weston, Vito, Mason, Welch, Burnette, Nicks

Spencer????

FuzzyPlum 09-20-2015 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 1172626)
Spencer????

Oops. Sorry Jeremy.
He a difficult one- a better player than he gets credit for.

Green, Kirwan, Buckingham/Weston, Vito/Spencer, Mason, Welch, Burnette, Nicks

chriskisn 09-20-2015 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1172633)
Oops. Sorry Jeremy.
He a difficult one- a better player than he gets credit for.

Green, Kirwan, Buckingham/Weston, Vito/Spencer, Mason, Welch, Burnette, Nicks

Both Fleetwood and Walker also play guitar. Though not sure if Walker ever did with FM.

Newzchspy 09-21-2015 07:02 AM

To each his own, but I am not sure that I would put any of those guys ahead of LB. Sure, they are great " blues" guitar players, but Lindsey's ubiquitous sound and finger picking style are in a realm all unto themselves. Except for perhaps Leo Kottke and Chet Atkins, I can't think of anyone better than Lindsey in that particular art.....

Ricks a totally different style too and the Macs output after he and Billy joined the band reflect that. They were just not the same without LB. Just as Journeys recordings AFTER Steve Perry were not the same ( nor as good) after he left..........

Ther are some die hards that believe the Mac died after Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer and only acknowledge the band before the " white" album. They don't know what they are missing.

chriskisn 09-21-2015 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newzchspy (Post 1172684)

Ricks a totally different style too and the Macs output after he and Billy joined the band reflect that. They were just not the same without LB.

Interestingly I prefer the pre and post lindsey sound. Lindsey is a great player but dare i say if you've heard a couple of his songs you've heard them all. Certainly not helped by the vocals :lol:.

PenguinHead 09-22-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newzchspy (Post 1172684)
To each his own, but I am not sure that I would put any of those guys ahead of LB. Sure, they are great " blues" guitar players, but Lindsey's ubiquitous sound and finger picking style are in a realm all unto themselves. Except for perhaps Leo Kottke and Chet Atkins, I can't think of anyone better than Lindsey in that particular art.....

Ricks a totally different style too and the Macs output after he and Billy joined the band reflect that. They were just not the same without LB. Just as Journeys recordings AFTER Steve Perry were not the same ( nor as good) after he left..........

Each guitarist brought their own unique style to Fleetwood Mac. That diversity of influences in the arc of their history is why the band is so intriguing!

Of course it was never the same - when Peter left...when Bob left...when Lindsey left... etc... You may have your own personal preference, but I find value in all configurations of the band. It's been a fascinating twisting and turning journey.