The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Time: Your favorite songs, grouped by singer (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=60037)

WalkAThinLine. 08-19-2023 02:48 PM

Time: Your favorite songs, grouped by singer

I'm only doing this because Mick Fleetwood can potentially receive votes.

HomerMcvie 08-19-2023 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. (Post 1287149)

We need a poll on the quality of each member's character.

WalkAThinLine. 08-19-2023 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1287150)
We need a poll on the quality of each member's character.

Based on his very limited time in the band, Bob Brunning likely comes out on top.

SteveMacD 08-19-2023 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. (Post 1287149)

Chaos accepted.

Villavic 08-21-2023 07:08 AM

I didn't post this poll cause I don't even remember non-Christine songs, so it wouldn't be fair. But since the poll is here, I voted for Christine. Well they say it's not a fair world :rolleyes:

WatchChain 08-22-2023 08:03 PM

Time.

The Fleetwood Mac album that I never had time to listen to.

moon 08-30-2023 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1287288)
Time.

The Fleetwood Mac album that I never had time to listen to.

Hahahaha
You are losing a good one!

Of course my vote goes for Christine, as I like all her songs on this one

David 08-31-2023 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moon (Post 1287496)
Hahahaha
You are losing a good one!

Of course my vote goes for Christine, as I like all her songs on this one

There were many fans who never listened to Time because they just refused to — no Stevie, no time.

So 2018 rolls around and there’s Stevie singing this song with Christine, and what do those people all think? Imagine someone like Mike Bise — who wouldn’t have listened to Time if his life depended on it. He must have had no idea what Stevie and Chris were singing. They were probably doing frenzied lyric searches on their phones.

SteveMacD 08-31-2023 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1287548)
There were many fans who never listened to Time because they just refused to — no Stevie, no time.

So 2018 rolls around and there’s Stevie singing this song with Christine, and what do those people all think? Imagine someone like Mike Bise — who wouldn’t have listened to Time if his life depended on it. He must have had no idea what Stevie and Chris were singing. They were probably doing frenzied lyric searches on their phones.

EXACTLY why that tour was almost vindication. At least the initial concerts showed Fleetwood Mac was more than the five (or six) albums. Especially a song from Time.

Plus, that’s the third song from that album I got to see live.

WalkAThinLine. 08-31-2023 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1287551)
EXACTLY why that tour was almost vindication. At least the initial concerts showed Fleetwood Mac was more than the five (or six) albums. Especially a song from Time.

Plus, that’s the third song from that album I got to see live.

Up until the 2018 tour, "Blow by Blow" and "Dreamin' the Dream" were the only songs the band played live. Both of these were played on the Another Link in the Chain tour, but "Blow By Blow" was the only one that was played on a regular basis. We obviously got "All Over Again" for the 2018 tour, but the band essentially pretended the album never existed for over 20 years.

aleuzzi 09-05-2023 10:49 PM

I chose Christine’s songs because they’re all well-crafted and effectively sung. Her voice was in really fine form at this time. I don’t dig the tinny keyboard, but even with that layer of sound, a song like Hollywood shines.

But I have to admit: two of the Billy tunes are really, really good: Talkin’ to My Heart and Got It In for You. He sounds better on Time than anywhere on Mask. I credit Bekka for being the right vocal partner…

HomerMcvie 09-05-2023 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1287721)
I chose Christine’s songs because they’re all well-crafted and effectively sung. Her voice was in really fine form at this time. I don’t dig the tinny keyboard, but even with that layer of sound, a song like Hollywood shines.

But I have to admit: two of the Billy tunes are really, really good: Talkin’ to My Heart and Got It In for You. He sounds better on Time than anywhere on Mask. I credit Bekka for being the right vocal partner…

Billy and Bekka sounded so good together. It's a shame the Time lineup never got more of a chance to shine.

aleuzzi 09-06-2023 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1287724)
Billy and Bekka sounded so good together. It's a shame the Time lineup never got more of a chance to shine.

They should have never hired Dave Mason. Time with Christine, Billy, and Bekka would have been unified and fresh. Mason’s songs and presence just confused things, left an absurd mark on the proceedings..

HomerMcvie 09-06-2023 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1287730)
They should have never hired Dave Mason. Time with Christine, Billy, and Bekka would have been unified and fresh. Mason’s songs and presence just confused things, left an absurd mark on the proceedings..

Although I love Bekka's wailing vocals on Blow By Blow. At the end.... holy crap!

Penguin Emeritus 09-06-2023 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1287730)

I totally agree w all that. I couldn't see how Dave fit in there at all.

and Talkin to my Heart is such a great song...

--Lis