The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Peter Green (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Photo of Peter? Nah... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=33974)

dansven 09-16-2007 02:27 PM

Photo of Peter? Nah...

1 Attachment(s)
Hi friends!
Is this really Peter with his old band mates? I don't think so.. what do you think?
Daniel

dansven 09-16-2007 02:32 PM

...on the other hand, it looks a bit like him ... the eyes..
But this must have been around 1975.. "Fleetwood Mac" album era.. isn't that Lindsey in the background?

But Peter didn't look like that during that period .. or?? He did go through a change in appearance....

I'm confused...................:shrug:

BTFLCHLD 09-16-2007 02:38 PM

Doesn't look like Lindsey either. Where did you find the pic? No caption?

dansven 09-16-2007 02:57 PM

I guess it's from a German magazine... think I found it at a Snowy White forum a while ago, and then forgot all about it till now.

dansven 09-16-2007 03:01 PM

Hmmm.. that "Peter Green" looks very familiar.. he reminds me of somebody.........aaaaarrrrghhh:confused:

chiliD 09-17-2007 03:40 PM

Nope, that's not Peter.

Here's a photo within a couple years of this timeframe:

http://www.fmlegacy.com/Graphics/Peter1980.jpg

Noticeable difference.

I'm thinking that person that is being confused as Peter Green is probably Fleetwood Mac's lawyer/co-manager Mickey Shapiro.

Betsy 09-17-2007 04:32 PM

I am a former German teacher. The caption below the photograph says:

Fleetwood Mac in younger days with Peter Green (second from the right)

If it is Peter or the lawyer/co-manager Mickey Shapiro....? I'd say Shapiro, though they do look a lot alike. How tall was/is Peter? The guy looks shorter than John McVie.

dansven 09-17-2007 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ChiliD, yes I don't think it's Peter either. The reason I wanted to post it is that Peter DID go through a radical change in appearance within a short period of time. Check the attached photo, I'm sorry the small size... couldn't find the larger one.

Anyway, everytime I see that "Peter", I am certain I've seen him before... Mickey Shapiro? Maybe.. I was thinking about some musician/actor...

chiliD 09-17-2007 04:41 PM

Second from right? DEFINITELY NOT PETER GREEN. 1) he's way too thin and 2) his hair color is all wrong. I was looking at the guy next to John...THAT, I think, is Mickey Shapiro. HE looks more like Peter than the one that is supposedly Peter.

Actually, that looks like Hodgins on the TV show Bones.

dansven 09-18-2007 01:20 AM

I was thinking about the guy between Danny Kirwan and Christine McVie... uh, no wait, that's BB King.

:D

Wouter Vuijk 09-18-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betsy (Post 720733)
I am a former German teacher. The caption below the photograph says:

Fleetwood Mac in younger days with Peter Green (second from the right)

If it is Peter or the lawyer/co-manager Mickey Shapiro....? I'd say Shapiro, though they do look a lot alike. How tall was/is Peter? The guy looks shorter than John McVie.

What puzzles me is that IF this is Fleetwood Mac in their younger days, and SHOULD the guy second from the right be Peter Green, wtf are the guy at the far right and the guys between Mick and the supposedly Peter? What instruments did they play, when did they join the band and when did they quit? Did they contribute any songs?
Oh my dear, questions, questions, questions.... Will they ever be answered?
:D:D:D

Neb-Maat-Re 09-18-2007 09:48 PM

With 2 competing Peters and a fairly dodgy Lindsey looking on, I believe what we have here is the 1st German National Fleetwood Mac look-a-like competition.

The bloke on the right could be having a crack at Bob Welch, although he's a ringer for Billy Field, composer of Mick's You Weren't in Love With Me.

The John isn't too bad.

Betsy 09-20-2007 04:57 PM

^^^

That's the best post I've read all day. It never occured to me that it was the German look-alikes....

(Great humor, btw)

Neb-Maat-Re 10-07-2007 09:56 PM

Thank you, you're very kind.

But I've been waiting for someone to say, "You've forgotten the Mick".