The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The RANDOM/BAD songs POLL!!! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54491)

sorcerer999 10-21-2014 01:58 PM

The RANDOM/BAD songs POLL!!!

:] I thought it would be fun for everyone to pick their favorite "bad" Stevie song. I apologize if I chose to list a song that is one of your favorites, but I'm just going with songs that I've read the majority of us here on the Stevie forum hate! LOL!

I'm going to wait and vote later on. But for right now, I just want to see what everyone picks. And tell us WHY it's your favorite "bad" Stevie song. :nod: And if your REAL FAVORITE "bad" Stevie song is not on this list, then please tell us what it is! :lol:

mitzo 10-21-2014 02:12 PM

Rooms on Fire
The Highwayman
Enchanted
One More Big Time Rock and Roll Star
Blue Lamp
Gold and Braid
Blue Denim
For What It's Worth

louielouie2000 10-21-2014 02:22 PM

So are we choosing the songs we love to hate, or songs we love that are hated? :shrug:

sorcerer999 10-21-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1150596)
So are we choosing the songs we love to hate, or songs we love that are hated? :shrug:

The first option ~ the one song on this list that you love to hate...a.k.a. your "favorite" bad song. Although, if you want to choose the other option, I don't mind. :thumbsup:

SisterNightroad 10-21-2014 02:31 PM

I chose Docklands because, from the ones you listed, it's my least favourite but it could have been easily any song from the Street Angel album (except "Just like a woman") because I can't stand the way she sings on that album. It is very nasal, but not like her more mature voice, more like she had stuffy nose.

Jondalar 10-21-2014 03:21 PM

I'm not voting in this poll.

If we are going to talk about Bad Stevie songs, start with…

Freedom,
The Second Time,
Doing the Best that I Can,
Paper Doll
Blue Denim
Two Kinds of Love
Street Angel
Cry Wolf
I Still Miss Someone

I agree with some of the choices, but I would hardly call Without You, Docklands and If You Were My Love bad songs or Cheaper Than Free for that matter. They are well written. She doesn't do a good job singing Without You or Docklands but they are good songs. Since you did that, lets not forget the hack job she did on Cry Wolf and I Still Miss Someone.

sorcerer999 10-21-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1150607)

I agree with some of the choices, but I would hardly call Without You, Docklands and If You Were My Love bad songs or Cheaper Than Free for that matter. .

I guess you didn't bother to read my initial post where I stated that I'm just going with songs that I've read the majority of us here on the Stevie forum hate! I'm sure there are A LOT of songs on this list that are people's favorites, as I also originally stated in my initial post.

I actually happen to LOVE and ADORE both "Gate & Garden" and "If You Were My Love", but I also recognize that the majority here hates them...hence why I put them on this list.

And keep in mind, I only had a measly 10 choices. I agree with your list though. There are some pretty bad songs there! :lol:

Moz 10-21-2014 03:35 PM

I actually really like When I See You Again, even the wassamattababys! :lol:

I had to vote for Gate and Garden. Although the song doesn't really go anywhere, the chorus is just too catchy and I can't resist singing along to it.

TheWILDheart 10-21-2014 03:45 PM

The complete list of Stevie songs I don't like:

When I See You Again
The Nightmare
Some Become Strangers
Fire Burning
I Still Miss Someone
Thousand Days
Docklands
Just Like A Woman
Unconditional Love
Jane
Cheaper Than Free

That's it. Those are the only songs I skip. The rest, whilst there are songs I like less than some, I don't strongly object to any of them.

TheWILDheart 10-21-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1150607)
I'm not voting in this poll.

If we are going to talk about Bad Stevie songs, start with…

Freedom,
The Second Time,
Doing the Best that I Can,
Paper Doll
Blue Denim
Two Kinds of Love
Street Angel
Cry Wolf
I Still Miss Someone

I agree with some of the choices, but I would hardly call Without You, Docklands and If You Were My Love bad songs or Cheaper Than Free for that matter. They are well written. She doesn't do a good job singing Without You or Docklands but they are good songs. Since you did that, lets not forget the hack job she did on Cry Wolf and I Still Miss Someone.

See, I gladly never listen to "Cheaper Than Free", "Docklands" or "Without You" again, but I adore "Doing The Best I Can", "Paper Doll", "Blue Denim" and "Freedom" (best song on BTM!). I like "Street Angel" too.

Macfanforever 10-21-2014 04:02 PM

I must be a outcast here.I vote none above.LOL .I enjoy all the songs listed.I also noticed most of them are her mellow tunes.

Again If I have to pick one not on the list which is "You Can't Fix This". Sorry again guys.

I'm a mellow rock or easy listening fan.I never enjoy hard guitar rock because it sounds like noise to me.

I dont mind when Lindsey or Waddy goes off on their live solos or in the mix of tunes. Probably nobody cant beat them and fill their shoes.

KarmaContestant 10-21-2014 04:09 PM

It was a real toss-up between When I See You Again and The Nightmare, but I went with When I See You Again.

Wait - I actually like those songs. I think I screwed up.

The song on this list that I most love to hate is That Made Me Stronger. Dreck, I say, total dreck! It has like 5 co-writers and she's blabbering on the entire song about being told to write her own songs.

louielouie2000 10-21-2014 04:17 PM

I'm really surprised Jane didn't make this list... it's unequivocally the worst song she's ever recorded. Cheaper Than Free is a worthy heir, though. ;)

sorcerer999 10-21-2014 04:20 PM

I ALMOST chose "Jane", actually! :lol:

DauphineMarie 10-21-2014 04:31 PM

OMG I FORGOT ABOUT THE LAUNDROMAT! :eek: :lol:
I chose chose TMMS, but I think I misunderstood. Because my "favourite" "bad" Stevie song on this list is The Nightmare, because I LOVE that song actually. I also hate Thousand Days, but love the Rock a Little demo, and Whassamattah Baby is my favourite Stevie song on TITN. ;)