The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   The Early Years (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Danny's autograph? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=16957)

wondergirl9847 11-19-2004 01:40 PM

Danny's autograph?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Does this look legit? I can't recall seeing Danny's autograph anywhere. I've been wanting to get this album, and I checked Ebay today and saw this.

chiliD 11-19-2004 03:04 PM

The signature is questionable, but not the music on the album, it's GREAT!!

ThePenguin 11-19-2004 03:17 PM

Interesting. I've never seen his sig so I'm not sure that's real. Pretty cool if it is, though.

-Lis

takenbythesky 11-25-2004 02:37 PM

Hmmm

Definitely a VERY cool item. No idea whether or not it is truly his signature.

In "25 Years:The Chain"'s liner notes, the names of the members in each lineup are written before the photographs start...I wonder, could those be the musicians' signatures? :shrug:

...I'll set up my scanner and scan the one of Danny's name soon. Then we can compare them and maybe come to some kind of conclusion. :)

-Justin

ThePenguin 11-25-2004 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takenbythesky
Definitely a VERY cool item. No idea whether or not it is truly his signature.

In "25 Years:The Chain"'s liner notes, the names of the members in each lineup are written before the photographs start...I wonder, could those be the musicians' signatures? :shrug:

...I'll set up my scanner and scan the one of Danny's name soon. Then we can compare them and maybe come to some kind of conclusion. :)

-Justin

I think I know the spots in the booklet you mean; I've always thought Mick wrote those names.

-Lis

takenbythesky 11-26-2004 01:58 AM

Aha...

That makes sense. The handwriting on all the signatures is rather similar. :laugh:

Now...I'm just trying to find Danny's signature somewhere; no one has his autograph posted on any sites-he was just that shy I guess. And I'm trying to figure out whether or not his last name on that Hello There Big Boy is spelled "Kirwan" or "Kirwin." If I can figure that much out it might help. I may get it anyway...The temptation of a signed album is just too much. Besides, I don't have Hello There Big Boy yet.

-Justin

amber 11-26-2004 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takenbythesky
That makes sense. The handwriting on all the signatures is rather similar. :laugh:

Now...I'm just trying to find Danny's signature somewhere; no one has his autograph posted on any sites-he was just that shy I guess. And I'm trying to figure out whether or not his last name on that Hello There Big Boy is spelled "Kirwan" or "Kirwin." If I can figure that much out it might help. I may get it anyway...The temptation of a signed album is just too much. Besides, I don't have Hello There Big Boy yet.

-Justin

it looks like it says "Kirwin". I mean, there is a dot over the last "i" and everything. so...

takenbythesky 11-26-2004 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
it looks like it says "Kirwin". I mean, there is a dot over the last "i" and everything. so...

Thanks, Amber! :wavey:

-Justin

macfan 57 11-26-2004 06:50 AM

That autograph is most likely fake. Danny's name is spelled KIRWAN.

wondergirl9847 11-26-2004 01:36 PM

Hm...

Didn't even notice the dotted i....yep, fake.

ThePenguin 11-26-2004 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Didn't even notice the dotted i....yep, fake.

Not that I think that sig is genuine-- but just to play devil's advocate-- maybe the dot represents the initial I, not the 2nd one. Know what I mean? But odds are it's still a fake!

-Lis

amber 11-26-2004 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePenguin
Not that I think that sig is genuine-- but just to play devil's advocate-- maybe the dot represents the initial I, not the 2nd one. Know what I mean? But odds are it's still a fake!

-Lis

Looking at that sig, i would say that's a bit of a reach... :)

ThePenguin 11-26-2004 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
Looking at that sig, i would say that's a bit of a reach... :)

Agreed! ;)

-Lis

Gwillaker 02-02-2005 06:19 PM

That autograph doesnt look May West at all. And some poor moron paid $46.00 for it! :laugh:

wondergirl9847 02-02-2005 06:54 PM

Hey!

Don't call me a moron! :mad:

LOL

Just kidding, I didn't buy this. I would love to have that album though. It's not easy to find them though. Didn't Christine write a song about that...oh yes, Danny LP's Are Hard to Find. ;)