The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Oscars! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=25811)

danax6 03-05-2006 03:45 PM

The Oscars!

Thanks to a nifty new cable decoder I stole from my dad for the evening, I can now watch the Oscar pre-show (and later on the Red Carpet show) on E!. It doesn't have ABC, but a german channel is airing the actual Academy Awards, so I guess that means I will be staying up till 5 am to catch it all.

So, who else is watching? :wavey:

DavidMn 03-05-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danax6
Thanks to a nifty new cable decoder I stole from my dad for the evening, I can now watch the Oscar pre-show (and later on the Red Carpet show) on E!. It doesn't have ABC, but a german channel is airing the actual Academy Awards, so I guess that means I will be staying up till 5 am to catch it all.

So, who else is watching? :wavey:

I'll be watching as well.:)

GypsySorcerer 03-05-2006 03:58 PM

Yep, I'll be watching. One of my favorite nights of the year. :thumbsup:

Livia 03-05-2006 04:04 PM

I'll be watching Joan and Melissa while I record E, or the other way around, not sure yet.

I just watched Crash last night - good movie. And I watched Walk the Line earlier this week. Those are the only Oscar-nominated films I've seen so far, since I loathe going to movie theaters. :cool:

Lala 03-05-2006 04:09 PM

I'll be watching. I've seen Crash, Brokeback Mountain, and Walk the Line. All good.

JazmenFlowers 03-05-2006 04:09 PM

I'm about to pile on the couch and drink it all in tonight.

Livia 03-05-2006 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers

Did someone say "drink?" How about we play a game? Take a sip of your favorite beverage whenever Melissa Rivers says "amaaaaaazing."

:)

DavidMn 03-05-2006 04:11 PM

Quote:

Are you ready for all of "US" to go to eternal damnation once Brokeback wins?:lol: That's what I heard when I was flipping thru the radio dial yesterday.:lol: Isnt it nice that the religious wackos give us something to laugh at?

JazmenFlowers 03-05-2006 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia
Did someone say "drink?" How about we play a game? Take a sip of your favorite beverage whenever Melissa Rivers says "amaaaaaazing."

:)

I'll be drunk within 15 minutes. I've got 2 things working against me: she says that constantly and I'm a lightweight.

JazmenFlowers 03-05-2006 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn
Are you ready for all of "US" to go to eternal damnation once Brokeback wins?:lol: That's what I heard when I was flipping thru the radio dial yesterday.:lol: Isnt it nice that the religious wackos give us something to laugh at?

lol.

I doubt it wins though - I really see Walk the Line taking everything they're nominated for...

Livia 03-05-2006 04:13 PM

Okay, how about a non-alcoholic beverage for "amaaaazing" and alcoholic whenever someone flubs reading the teleprompter or mispronounces a name?

DavidMn 03-05-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

lol.

I doubt it wins though - I really see Walk the Line taking everything they're nominated for...

I've heard Crash has really been gaining momentum as a darkhorse for BP.

GypsySorcerer 03-05-2006 04:19 PM

I think BBM will take Picture and Director, easily. I am hoping for an Amy Adams win in Supporting Actress. :blob1:

danax6 03-05-2006 04:20 PM

Which channel has Joan and Melissa? So I can see if I have it right now...

I can't stand Joan Rivers though.

Livia 03-05-2006 04:54 PM

The TV Guide Channel has Joan and Melissa, but I doubt you'll be able to pick it up...I get a weak signal here as it is...