The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Heath Ledger is dead (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=34997)

strandinthewind 01-22-2008 04:53 PM

Heath Ledger is dead

What the fukc kind of crazy shiitte is this :confused:

January 22, 2008, 4:42 pm

Actor Heath Ledger Is Found Dead

By Sewell Chan

The actor Heath Ledger was found dead this afternoon in an apartment building at 421 Broome Street in SoHo, according to the New York City police. Mr. Ledger was 28.
At 3:31 p.m., a masseuse arrived at Apartment 5A in the building for an appointment with Mr. Ledger, the police said. The masseuse was let in to the home by a housekeeper, who then knocked on the door of Mr. Ledger’s bedroom. When no one answered, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened the bedroom and found Mr. Ledger unconscious. They shook him, but he did not respond. They immediately called the authorities. The police said they did not suspect foul play and said they found pills near body.
Mr. Ledger, a native of Australia, won acclaim for his role as a co-star in “Brokeback Mountain”, a 2005 film. The film, based on a novel by Larry McMurtry about two cowboys who fall in love, won critical acclaim. Reviewing the film in The New York Times, the critic Stephen Holden wrote, “Mr. Ledger magically and mysteriously disappears beneath the skin of his lean, sinewy character. It is a great screen performance, as good as the best of Marlon Brando and Sean Penn.”

Thomas J. Lueck contributed reporting.

www.nytimes.com

mikeschmike 01-22-2008 04:55 PM

holy sh*t! :distress:

JazmenFlowers 01-22-2008 04:56 PM

crickey! he has a small child, no? that's awful.

carrie721 01-22-2008 04:56 PM

WHAT?!?!?!

jesus. i just watched brokeback again the other night. wtf.

Sarah 01-22-2008 04:57 PM

O_O

holy crap!

GODDESS6 01-22-2008 05:05 PM

holy **** is all i can say~he was a wonderful actor:(~

strandinthewind 01-22-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GODDESS6 (Post 738027)
holy **** is all i can say~he was a wonderful actor:(~

I agree. Also, I remember hearing that he had a serious drug problem and that it caused problems with his relationship with Michelle Williams. Also, I saw a few really bad pics of him last year.

Just so sad.

#1LiddyBuckFan 01-22-2008 05:09 PM

I'm in shock! So much going for him and his little girl...:(

danax6 01-22-2008 05:16 PM

I just read about this. That's... :distress:

CelticGypsy 01-22-2008 05:27 PM

I am shocked and sadded. He was a very talented young man. So sad:(

Steviefan49 01-22-2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan (Post 738029)
I'm in shock! So much going for him and his little girl...:(

OMG.. I just was told about this, and am in total shock! I SOOO agree that he had SO much going for him.. and he has his little year old daughter, Matilda. What a sad day...:shocked::(

SuzeQuze 01-22-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strandinthewind (Post 738016)
What the fukc kind of crazy shiitte is this :confused:

January 22, 2008, 4:42 pm

Actor Heath Ledger Is Found Dead

By Sewell Chan

The actor Heath Ledger was found dead this afternoon in an apartment building at 421 Broome Street in SoHo, according to the New York City police. Mr. Ledger was 28.
At 3:31 p.m., a masseuse arrived at Apartment 5A in the building for an appointment with Mr. Ledger, the police said. The masseuse was let in to the home by a housekeeper, who then knocked on the door of Mr. Ledger’s bedroom. When no one answered, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened the bedroom and found Mr. Ledger unconscious. They shook him, but he did not respond. They immediately called the authorities. The police said they did not suspect foul play and said they found pills near body.
Mr. Ledger, a native of Australia, won acclaim for his role as a co-star in “Brokeback Mountain”, a 2005 film. The film, based on a novel by Larry McMurtry about two cowboys who fall in love, won critical acclaim. Reviewing the film in The New York Times, the critic Stephen Holden wrote, “Mr. Ledger magically and mysteriously disappears beneath the skin of his lean, sinewy character. It is a great screen performance, as good as the best of Marlon Brando and Sean Penn.”

Thomas J. Lueck contributed reporting.

www.nytimes.com

I just saw this on Yahoo news and couldn't believe my eyes. It is shocking and I thought I was too jaded for anything Hollywood to shock me. He was so dreamy in A Knight's Tale, I had a huge crush on him. RIP Heath. :angel:

darklinensuit 01-22-2008 06:16 PM

I don't believe I have ever seen any of his movies, but there is no ignoring his reputation as a great actor at such a young age. So sad for the family. The whole drug thing (if that is indeed the cause) gives flashbacks of River Phoenix's death, and too many others.

- Jake

MacMan 01-22-2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklinensuit (Post 738057)
I don't believe I have ever seen any of his movies, but there is no ignoring his reputation as a great actor at such a young age. So sad for the family. The whole drug thing (if that is indeed the cause) gives flashbacks of River Phoenix's death, and too many others.

- Jake

I've only seen two of his, I think... Broke Back and Casanova... Both great films. It's really too bad!

GardenStateGirlie 01-22-2008 07:12 PM

i'm wondering if this won't be ruled an accidental overdose. it's kind of seeming as though it is. absolutely horrible.