The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   The Early Years (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Req: Clifford Davis Single (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=39930)

chriskisn 04-17-2009 04:40 AM

Req: Clifford Davis Single

As some of you may know I run a blog of some of the harder to find FM related albums. Therefore I often get requests for particular things that I always try to find for people when they ask.

Yesterday I received a request for the following 5 mp3's:
  1. Peter Green & Clifford Davis single "Come On Down" with the B-Side "Homework"
  2. Peter Green & Clifford Davis single "Before the Beginning" with the B-Side "Man of The World"
  3. Aynsley Dunbar's Retaliation - "Stone Crazy" (features Peter Green)

If anyone has any of these would you mind uploading them for me so that I can pass on (with full credit of course)

Also I assume that these singles vary from the album versions (such as Chain Box Set/Then Play On/etc)????

Almost Simon 04-17-2009 09:31 AM

Do you have Peter's 'Heavy Heart' up on your blog at all? A guy in the US was going to be sending me a CDR copy but it sadly never arrived. The only version I have is the Top Of The Pops 1971 TV performance which I recorded off youtube. Would love to hear that also.

chriskisn 04-17-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almost Simon (Post 815389)
Do you have Peter's 'Heavy Heart' up on your blog at all? A guy in the US was going to be sending me a CDR copy but it sadly never arrived. The only version I have is the Top Of The Pops 1971 TV performance which I recorded off youtube. Would love to hear that also.

Yes I have those on the blog Heavy Heart/No Way Out and Beasts of Burden/Uganda Woman

http://fleetwoodmacmusic.blogspot.co...n-singles.html

Also, thanks to John (wetcamelfood) I'll have all of the others in a few hours also so I'll add them on the blog tomorrow.

Almost Simon 04-17-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 815394)
Yes I have those on the blog Heavy Heart/No Way Out and Beasts of Burden/Uganda Woman

http://fleetwoodmacmusic.blogspot.co...n-singles.html

Also, thanks to John (wetcamelfood) I'll have all of the others in a few hours also so I'll add them on the blog tomorrow.

Superb, I shall have a good look at this site this evening when I get home. Many thanks :blob2:

Almost Simon 04-20-2009 05:46 AM

Thanks for posting 'Heavy Heart.' I love that track.

The Clifford Davis track, 'Man of the World' amuses me. Was this song just made for his own vanity??? Simply removing Peter's original vocal track and replacing it with Clifford's is just mad. :D Very interesting to hear though.

chriskisn 04-20-2009 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almost Simon (Post 816082)
. Was this song just made for his own vanity???

Yes I think so... :shrug:

Almost Simon 04-20-2009 07:11 AM

I love the website, I also downloaded the Eddie Boyd album with 'Just The Blues' on it. One of my very favourite Mac related tunes.

I didn't notice the Otis Spann 'Biggest Thing Since Colossus' album on there (or I may have been looking in the wrong place.) That's a good one too.

I notice the many interviews with the other ex-members of Mac that are available. Has Davis himself been interviewed/questioned anywhere regarding his involvement with the band???

I do have both the 'Fleetwood Mac at 21' and 'Rock Family Tree's' BBC programmes and seem to remember him taking part in at least one of those programmes but would love to read more of his views/memories on his Mac days.

chriskisn 04-20-2009 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almost Simon (Post 816092)
I didn't notice the Otis Spann 'Biggest Thing Since Colossus' album on there (or I may have been looking in the wrong place.) That's a good one too

Simply because the Otis Spann one is still quite readily available, and I try not to put the easy to find stuff on there. Good album though - although I like the two Eddy Boyd ones better.

Mario 04-20-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almost Simon (Post 816082)
Thanks for posting 'Heavy Heart.' I love that track.

The Clifford Davis track, 'Man of the World' amuses me. Was this song just made for his own vanity??? Simply removing Peter's original vocal track and replacing it with Clifford's is just mad. :D Very interesting to hear though.

No, it's not like that. If my memory doesn't fail, there is a strings section added and Peter plays all the instruments, including the drums.

Mario.

Almost Simon 04-21-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario (Post 816172)
No, it's not like that. If my memory doesn't fail, there is a strings section added and Peter plays all the instruments, including the drums.

Mario.

It's hard to be 100% sure. I've just listened to it again and it sounds like the same basic backing tracks to the Mac version, just a few small overdubs and of course the strings. I don't believe that Peter re-recorded the track from scratch. The original drums and Kirwans guitar parts are still very evident.

Dogon 04-21-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almost Simon (Post 816307)
It's hard to be 100% sure. I've just listened to it again and it sounds like the same basic backing tracks to the Mac version, just a few small overdubs and of course the strings. I don't believe that Peter re-recorded the track from scratch. The original drums and Kirwans guitar parts are still very evident.

If the original drums and the rythm guitar wasn't played by Peter, together with the (6-string) bass and the other guitars.....?:woohoo: