The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Too Much is Not Enough (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=42715)

PenguinHead 01-12-2010 11:12 PM

Too Much is Not Enough

'Too Much is Not Enough' is a rare and forgotten song that Christine performed on her 1984 tour. Has anyone ever heard about it? I think it was written by one of her band members. It's interesting, if only because it stands apart from her Fleetwood Mac songs and solo album songs.

michelej1 01-13-2010 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 865119)
'Too Much is Not Enough' is a rare and forgotten song that Christine performed on her 1984 tour. Has anyone ever heard about it? I think it was written by one of her band members. It's interesting, if only because it stands apart from her Fleetwood Mac songs and solo album songs.

I guess it originated from just her and Todd and George playing around in the studio. Chris described it as a song for her album that didn't make the cut.

Quote:

There was a song that began as a studio jam, called Too much is Not Enough, a really good and raunchy rock and roll track, but I wasn't satisfied with the vocal. If I do it over maybe it'll be released as a B-side. That was the only thing we recorded and didn't use. We didn't over-record like some bands do--we were very compact.

David 01-13-2010 02:16 PM

I don't know how it necessarily "stands apart" from her solo songs, but there's great footage of her & Todd & George laying down tracks for it in the studio from that documentary filmed in Switzerland.

chiliD 01-13-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 865119)

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 865161)
I guess it originated from just her and Todd and George playing around in the studio. Chris described it as a song for her album that didn't make the cut.

I THINK Todd released the song on his Who Am I? album that came out a year or so after Christine's. (the album also has Todd's own version of "I'm The One")

After further review: never mind, I was thinking of the song "We Were Lonely".

If I'm not mistaken, it WAS released as a B-side of either "Got A Hold On Me" or "Love Will Show Us How" originally. Later pressings put both single A sides as one single.

jbrownsjr 01-13-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 865244)
I THINK Todd released the song on his Who Am I? album that came out a year or so after Christine's. (the album also has Todd's own version of "I'm The One")

After further review: never mind, I was thinking of the song "We Were Lonely".

If I'm not mistaken, it WAS released as a B-side of either "Got A Hold On Me" or "Love Will Show Us How" originally. Later pressings put both single A sides as one single.

No Got A Hold on Me had Who's Dreamin this Dream as side B

And Love Will Show Us How had... The Challenge...

jbrownsjr 01-13-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 865246)
No Got A Hold on Me had Who's Dreamin this Dream as side B

And Love Will Show Us How had... The Challenge...

I think it was The Challenge, but it definitely was not Too Much is Not enough...

I would have remembered that...

nailatixela 01-23-2010 04:31 PM

Anyone have lyrics for this song?

PenguinHead 01-25-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 865243)
I don't know how it necessarily "stands apart" from her solo songs, but there's great footage of her & Todd & George laying down tracks for it in the studio from that documentary filmed in Switzerland.

I meant that the song stands apart because it was performed at her some of her shows, yet it had yet to be/never to be released. How many other songs from her catalog fit into that catagory?

jbrownsjr 02-02-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 867152)
I meant that the song stands apart because it was performed at her some of her shows, yet it had yet to be/never to be released. How many other songs from her catalog fit into that catagory?

I thought it was a cool tune as well...