The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Blizzard! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=45332)

DavidMn 12-11-2010 02:52 AM

Blizzard!

Hey there, greetings from the great white north... Literally. As I type this, we have already had 5 inches of snow fall in just the last 3 hours. I made home from the bf's place about 25 miles from where I live, but not without 3 spinouts in front of me on the freeway!:eek: They say this strom is going to be one of the ALL TIME top 5 snowfalls here with about 20 inches of snow falling here by Saturday night. Then as if that wasnt enough, winds are blowing in excess of 30 miles an hour and temps are going to fall to -10F by Saturday evening! Oh btw, anyone wanna come for a visit?:lol:

Nikolaj 12-11-2010 03:02 AM

Makes me want to pop in a Mary Tyler Moore Show dvd to watch, snowy Minneapolis seemed to drive several of the plots. I have years 1 and 2 on DVD and have yet to be able to watch more than 2 episodes of it, and always liked the show.
It's snowing here tonight in CT, also.
Guess December will do that here and there.
Enjoy
PS In one post, you mention your boyfriend, "20 inches" and "blowing"
Just sayin:)

DavidMn 12-11-2010 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikolaj (Post 926844)
Makes me want to pop in a Mary Tyler Moore Show dvd to watch, snowy Minneapolis seemed to drive several of the plots. I have years 1 and 2 on DVD and have yet to be able to watch more than 2 episodes of it, and always liked the show.
It's snowing here tonight in CT, also.
Guess December will do that here and there.
Enjoy
PS In one post, you mention your boyfriend, "20 inches" and "blowing"
Just sayin:)

What was really dissapointing is that I went over there earlier and we went out to dinner, but when we got back to his place for well, you know... The snow was already bad. SO since I have to work later today I decided to go home. Thanks old man winter for costing me a chance to get laid!:mad::lol: Oh well. I'm going to see him Sunday night after work.:)

DavidMn 12-11-2010 03:43 AM

Ok, I've officially just done the coolest thing Ive ever done in my 39 years on this earth!:cool: It's not too cold yet, about 20F right now so I decided to venture out for a walk. I walked a half mile up to the streetlight by my house and back for a mile total and being out in the heavy snow with no sound and just me and the falling snow was so incredibly peaceful.:nod:

Nikolaj 12-11-2010 03:54 AM

That does sound awesome.
Did you toss your hat up in the air and hear a "Meow" at the end?

DavidMN, I don't mean my comments snidely, please don't think that I do!
It sounds like a wonderful walk in a winter wonderland. If not for my Alprazalam* really kicking in, I'd go out and get the feet cold and wet, too.
*it sounds like something to give to a Saint Bernard for energy to bounce off the walls, but it's just generic Xanax.

DavidMn 12-11-2010 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikolaj (Post 926849)
That does sound awesome.
Did you toss your hat up in the air and hear a "Meow" at the end?

DavidMN, I don't mean my comments snidely, please don't think that I do!
It sounds like a wonderful walk in a winter wonderland. If not for my Alprazalam* really kicking in, I'd go out and get the feet cold and wet, too.
*it sounds like something to give to a Saint Bernard for energy to bounce off the walls, but it's just generic Xanax.

I'm not offended in the least! :) It really is amazing when the snow is falling as heavily as it is here right now and to be out in it.

louielouie2000 12-11-2010 04:12 AM

I just don't know how people can tolerate the long bitter winters like Minnesota has. More power to you, Dave! The daytime highs are in the 70s here right now, and I'm STILL ready for Spring to roll around so I can start swimming again! :lol:

DavidMn 12-11-2010 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 926853)
I just don't know how people can tolerate the long bitter winters like Minnesota has. More power to you, Dave! The daytime highs are in the 70s here right now, and I'm STILL ready for Spring to roll around so I can start swimming again! :lol:

See, to me as a lifelong Minnesotan, I CANNOT imagine a Christmas without snow. I love winter. It's in my blood!:) There's also this benefit: with all the below zero and snow days, tehre's more time to listen to Stevie and Lindsey and anticipate their new releases even more!

GODDESS6 12-11-2010 07:28 AM

i'm on my way to the grocery store, we are supposed to get pounded this morning as well~

DavidMn 12-11-2010 03:27 PM

UPDATE: 16 inches on snow has fallen so far. And it's not done yet!:eek:

fringed n fab 12-11-2010 07:38 PM

Being a Floridian now, we're cold if it falls below 50, usually at night during the winter. I've had my share of silent night snows having grown up in southern Ohio. Winter wasn't fun to endure anymore as I got older. For many it's downright depressing those few months.

DavidMn 12-12-2010 01:22 AM

Well its finally over. the final total at the official site for measuring snowfall:

20.7 inches!

Also: The Minnesota Vikings New York Giants football game was postponed from Tomorrow at noon to Monday night.

TerraRhiannon 12-12-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 927016)
Well its finally over. the final total at the official site for measuring snowfall:

20.7 inches!

Also: The Minnesota Vikings New York Giants football game was postponed from Tomorrow at noon to Monday night.

And what state are you from? I'm from a province and we're suppose to have a green Christmas with the way things are going - RAIN today supposedly! :O Give us a few inches of your snow:)

Edgeof27 12-12-2010 11:42 AM

Metrodome Roof Collapses

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 927016)

20.7 inches!

Ouch, game may have to be rescheduled ...

DavidMn 12-12-2010 11:52 AM

I'm from Minnesota. Just this morning, the Metrodome roof collapsed under the weight of all the snow!:eek: The Vikings GIants game has been postponed until further notice.